Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] macOS Catalina on ASRock DeskMini 310 with 9th Gen Intel Core CPU, Dual-Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure I'll be an OC user after it transitions from BETA to Production.
it works pretty good at the moment, have been using for a few months now with no issues

you could setup a usb stick to test with to practise booting up etc, a lot of peeps have also said how quicker it is on bootup as well :)

Switching is so easy (and I think safe) if you take "our" OC Deskmini-EFIs / working EFIs for your hw (and switching back too).

If you want to boot your hack as fast as an authentic Mac - especially with Filevault - there is no way around it. ;)

Switching is so easy (and I think safe) if you take "our" OC Deskmini-EFIs (and switching back too).

If you want to boot your hack as fast as an authentic Mac - especially with Filevault - there is no way around it. ;)

See my Clover boot times here. I will try @Feartech 's suggestion and create an OC USB stick. I'm not opposed to OC - it's just that I rely on my systems for absolute fail-safe operation and Clover hasn't let me down. I have a degree of loyalty to Slice and his Clover team because of their hard work and great support. Nothing against OC (and I love the Acidanthera folks!).

See my Clover boot times here.

Around 18s on my side (SanDisk Extreme Pro NVMe) BUT I'm using Filevault ... I waited more than twice as long for the Filevault password input using Clover - now, in 3 or 4 Seconds it's there and then the progress bar run's as fast as on a Mac. :cool:

I would guess you could save five seconds of your live on every boot, @deeveedee :D

just a question here, does anyone use istat menu to monitor the cpu temp, for some reason my only show 5core, i am using a i5 9400 it should of been a 6 core i have attached a image, is this normal
Screen Shot 2020-06-20 at 14.44.10.png

BTW ... my solution for the need of re-pluging the secondary monitor. A simple switch ... :cool:

IMG_6062.jpg

BTW ... my solution for the need of re-pluging the secondary monitor. A simple switch ... :cool:

View attachment 477642
i have seen a solution for this, that you don't need this switch, you just use AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext and AppleIntelKBLGraphics.kext from version 10.15.4, then it should work, i haven't try it, because i downgraded to 10.15.4 but a few people has quoted it works

i have seen a solution for this, that you don't need this switch, you just use AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext and AppleIntelKBLGraphics.kext from version 10.15.4, then it should work, i haven't try it, because i downgraded to 10.15.4 but a few people has quoted it works
Sounds intressting - but that’s not a so nice solution.

I do not give up hope that there might be another solution with the new framebuffer-kexts.

Sounds intressting - but that’s not a so nice solution.

I do not give up hope that there might be another solution with the new framebuffer-kexts.

yeah i am sure someone will comeup with something

hey Guys, I want to change from Clover to OC, but in my case it's not like plug & play.
I have a nearly unchanged EFI Folder like in the initial post.
And my CPU is i5-9500. Everything is working, only initial black screen because of 4K and DP 1.2 and my BT dongle needs often at boot a replug to work.
EFI attached is the actual working on clover basis.
What I've tried so far isn't that much. Just used 2 of your posted OC Folders and cleared NVRAm with OC.
Do I need to change things in config.plist?

Thanks for your hints

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.5 MB · Views: 114
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back