Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] macOS Catalina on ASRock DeskMini 310 with 9th Gen Intel Core CPU, Dual-Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes - sleep / wake works perfectly for me. See my known issues and solutions here to see if any of my findings / fixes help you.

@EDL Maybe take another look at my comments here.

I spent another two hours to check your nice infos, but no success. Unfortunatly you're not using OpenCore - but on the other hand Asrock Deskmini is different main board hardware. Really sad the 10.15.5 update makes the working 10.15.4 framebuffer unusable. I stay on searching for a solution. In the meantime: pmset disablesleep 1 ;)

BTW your wrote: Intel ME must be enabled ... I can't find such a setting in Deskmini's BIOS. :think:

So over the last couple of days I have put many hours into trying to get my Deskmini back to where it was pre-10.15.5... As you say it broke a perfectly good system - but my desire to have latest and greatest was too great :!:
Where I am now: Back to working with dual monitors, having refactored the original config file I was using. Now showing as a iMac rather than Mac-mini. From sleep, the secondary monitor is not waking back up. I also noticed an interesting thing here... I have a 1080p and a 4K monitor. When connected with 1080p via HDMI and 4K via DP, I would get flickering on the 1080p until it was replugged. I swapped cabling the other way round and I get the startup with no issues. I have a second 4K minitor inbound so I am curious what happens there, when using 2x4K.
My DW1820A was working for both Bluetooth and Wifi. Currently I have no working Bluetooth but need some time to figure out what the issue there is. I think two levels of broken... My original config without dual monitors working, bluetooth was broken to the level of the device was seen but I couldn't get devices to connect. With my new config the adapter is not see at all.

Whilst its taken lots of hours and has been a regression in functionality, I have a better idea of how the config file works now. When I started I just used EFI folder @Css13 but didnt really understand what was in there. That was a great start for my first forray into hackintoshing but now I have a better appreciation of the workings of the config setup.

If you are using M.2 NVMe SSD and having sleep problems, does this NVMeFix.kext help you? It seems to have worked here.

Me? I'm using it already.

btw: I switched the AAPL,ig-platform-id to 00009B3E today - like recommend in the OpenCore guide for 10.15.5.
Works exactly like 923E but no luck with sleep. There is no crash info or something in the sys or powerd log.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-17 um 15.26.48.png

Last edited:
@deeveedee @viorel78

I found out that my sleep/wake problems occured due to my use of OpenCore 0.5.9. I know this is probably not the true reason, but my sleep/wake and (also) shutdown restarts came NOT because of the framebuffer stuff.
If I'm not completely wrong, it had something todo with SMC - this probably caused crashes/restarts.
I have to say that I'm using the same and newest kext versions on both: 0.5.9 and 0.5.8!

So I switched back to my OC 0.5.8 EFI (formerly used with 10.15.4) and edited the gfx device properties to the new one were dual screen works again. The result was, that shutdown works again - but with force-online I got a framebuffer crash after wake. So I removed the force-online setting and wake no longer crashes. I have to re-plug the HDMI port to get the second screen work after boot AND after sleep.

I can live with that, because my second monitor is my secondary monitor and rarely used for important stuff ...

Here is my EFI for any OpenCore user who can live with re-pluging. (You have to fill in your plattform info)

Attachments

• EFI_Deskmini310_OC058.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 107
Last edited:
I can live with that, because my second monitor is my secondary monitor and rarely used for important stuff ...
Out or curiosity, have you tried reversing the cabling for your monitors. I found that when changing which monitor used DP or HDMI changed the flickering screen. Right now I do not need to replug after a reboot, but if I swap the cables around I need to.
The other major difference is you are using OC where I am on Clover.

Out or curiosity, have you tried reversing the cabling for your monitors. I found that when changing which monitor used DP or HDMI changed the flickering screen. Right now I do not need to replug after a reboot, but if I swap the cables around I need to.
The other major difference is you are using OC where I am on Clover.

I can't reversing the cabling atm - my secondary monitor is an old 4:3 with DVI and VGA only and I don't have an DP>DVI adapter or cable (I'm using a HDMI>DVI cable)

It's time that more users switching to OpenCore - the only way we get rid of all problems. ;)

It's time that more users switching to OpenCore - the only way we get rid of all problems. ;)

I'm a very happy Clover user. Going to be hard to convince me to switch. Thank you to all the OC Beta testers :)

I'm a very happy Clover user. Going to be hard to convince me to switch. Thank you to all the OC Beta testers :)
you may be ok for a little while

but when newer updates for Lilu, Whatevergreen etc start not to work in clover, then you may not have a choice

Reactions: EDL
you may be ok for a little while

but when newer updates for Lilu, Whatevergreen etc start not to work in clover, then you may not have a choice

I'm sure I'll be an OC user after it transitions from BETA to Production.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back