Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] macOS Catalina on ASRock DeskMini 310 with 9th Gen Intel Core CPU, Dual-Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Css13.
I have used your EFI Folder to get my 310 running.
But I am stuck at the update of Catalina 10.15.2 (from 10.15.1).
When I start the update right from system settings he wants a reboot and after a short time system hangs and reboot.
I've updated the kexts to the newest version and still use Clover 5018. (I can't get my system started with later versions).
Maybe you have any hints what I am doing wrong.

Edit: Forget my Post. I was stupid. Didn't choose the right partition in Clover after reboot. Now I'm on 10.15.2.
Anyway, is anyone of you on a newer version of Clover then 5018?
I can't get Apple Photos to scan faces in Photos.
When I look in console I only get "failed to load photo library PHPhotoLibrary with url <private>, Error Domain=com.apple.photos.error Code=45001"
Hi @maui87, no worries!
I'm still using Clover 5018 and everything works fine, there's no need to update it yet.

About the Apple Photos faces scan issue, I didn't have anything similar. It works on my configuration.
Did you try to rebuild the Photos app cache?

Somebody already updated to 10.15.3?

Somebody already updated to 10.15.3?
I did it yesterday, everything went fine. No issues.
But I updated Lilu, AppleALC and WhateverGreen kexts before proceeding.

My laptop is Lenovo legion y540, i5 processor, 9th generation, 16gb ram, two slots SSD M.2 and SATA SSD(empty for Mac OS) same specification you have, will my laptop Lenovo legion y540 can be installed by Mac Catalina with above files you have given.

Before I tried with Mac catilina in my new Lenovo, it was coming as loop to first again with error, if I try with your above posted file for Lenovo legion y540, i5 processor, 9th generation will it be installed, are there any other files to be used for laptop.

Last edited:
Hello,
Finally I've been able to make (almost) everything work on my Mini-PC with Hackintosh and Windows. :headbang:

Thanks to liminghuang for the help!

Thanks for this thread! Everything works like a charm, even more than you predicted ( i have only HDMI monitor and it works perfectly)

Best guide ever :clap:

My laptop is Lenovo legion y540, i5 processor, 9th generation, 16gb ram, two slots SSD M.2 and SATA SSD(empty for Mac OS) same specification you have, will my laptop Lenovo legion y540 can be installed by Mac Catalina with above files you have given.

Before I tried with Mac catilina in my new Lenovo, it was coming as loop to first again with error, if I try with your above posted file for Lenovo legion y540, i5 processor, 9th generation will it be installed, are there any other files to be used for laptop.
Honestly, I don't know. The motherboard is completely different, so I don't expect it to work out of the box.
But please try and let me know.

Thanks for this thread! Everything works like a charm, even more than you predicted ( i have only HDMI monitor and it works perfectly)

Best guide ever :clap:
Thank you @Yaroslavl, glad to hear that!

Thanks for your work Css13 ... I also used parts of your EFI folder for my Deskmini 310, but there's on thing (Catalina 15.3): my iPad doesnt charges. Probably it's a Mainboard / Deskmini thing ... or the power managements doesn't work properly. Any ideas?

I also have problems with sleep/wake: always a crash/restart some seconds after wake from sleep.
This works without any issues on your side with 10.15.3? Any advice?

config.plist - deviceces/usb/HighCurrent. Hibernate doesn't work

my iPad doesnt charges.
I can check with my iPad tomorrow and see if it charges. Are you using the A or C connector? I wonder if it cant deliver enough power for the iPad to show as charging. I have certainly seen that on my iPad Pro with a weak charger.

I also have problems with sleep/wake: always a crash/restart some seconds after wake from sleep.
This works without any issues on your side with 10.15.3? Any advice?
For me has worked out of the box from day 1. I actually just came back from a two week business trip. I put the "MacMini" to sleep before I left. SSH'd into it multiple times from on the road and came to work on it today. Did 10 hours work with it today and not a hitch.
Sorry, I cant point you in the right direction on that one.

Thanks for you answers.

I've an iPad Pro 12,9 (II) ... no charging on all USB ports. I activated HighCurrent.
iPhone SE charging works (but slow imo) and my bus powered USB 2.0 audio interface works flawless too.

Possibly it has something todo with these ACPI patches. This ssdt.aml seems to build on 10.14? I read something about this power management stuff for older macOS-Version and didn’t understand very much. A complex thing. I don’t know.

About the sleep state: I know there could be a couple of reasons - but I have this problem since the very first fresh install without special drivers. Power management log tells this:
Failure during wake: PSDC(),IMEI(),RP07(),HDEF(),SBUS() : Some drivers failed to handle setPowerState

I read about other Deskmini builds were sleep doesn’t work too. Maybe it depends simply on hardware stuff like SSD or RAM too. Another M.2 Wifi/BT Card (1830) arrives probably tomorrow (but sleep also didn't worked before I tried the current 1820a). I also orded a second SO-DIMM for dual channel operating now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back