Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] macOS Catalina on ASRock DeskMini 310 with 9th Gen Intel Core CPU, Dual-Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a lot, Css13!
I have success with your EFI.
One tip!, I am using the dw1820a and it is very well.
First, We need a CN-08PKF4-LOC00...sub model under the pic.
It find and purchase on Aliexpress.
146055ffe87573cc844e73efff3ce914.jpg

Second, Cut the pin like the bottom pic.
0f360a47b386831f4e7a6219ff624062.jpg

Third, install it on your desk-mini or other.
Forth, Copy or move the attached kexts to EFI.
Finally, add brcmfx-country=#a on boot section of config.plist using the Clover configurator.

Importance is CN-08...... sub-model code.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• AirportBrcmFixup.kext.zip
    20.7 KB · Views: 92
  • BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 83
  • BrcmFirmwareData.kext.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 84
  • BrcmPatchRAM2.kext.zip
    21.5 KB · Views: 91
Thanks Css13, your EFI saved me so much time. The only issues I had was the USB ports, some of them works, some of them not works.
Out of the pairs of usb, on one of each work, usb2.0, 3.0, 3.1 all works, but just one, not pair.
Would you be able to guide me on this?
My mother board is Asrock B360M Pro4
Intel i5 8400
Mac OS Catalina 15.2

@leegs, can you point me to a particular seller on AliExpress? I see multiple with reviews from people saying their version was incompatible. Id rather stick to a known good seller... Reduce the risk.

Css13 have you tried the microphone works?
@viorel78 It works. Just tried with my EarPods on Catalina 10.15.2.
Thanks a lot, Css13!
I have success with your EFI.

Second, Cut the pin like the bottom pic.

Third, install it on your desk-mini or other.
Forth, Copy or move the attached kexts to EFI.
Finally, add brcmfx-country=#a on boot section of config.plist using the Clover configurator.

Thanks again.
@leegs Looks great! Thanks to you for sharing your experience with us. In case I need Wi-Fi on my DeskMini, I would definitely buy the DW1820A and follow your suggestions.

Thanks Css13, your EFI saved me so much time. The only issues I had was the USB ports, some of them works, some of them not works.
Out of the pairs of usb, on one of each work, usb2.0, 3.0, 3.1 all works, but just one, not pair.
Would you be able to guide me on this?
My mother board is Asrock B360M Pro4
Intel i5 8400
Mac OS Catalina 15.2
@Tian321 I'm sorry, but I've never had this issue. Unfortunately I don't have any suggestion for you since our motherboards are different. Did you find anyone else having the same problem? Maybe a search on internet could help.
@leegs, can you point me to a particular seller on AliExpress? I see multiple with reviews from people saying their version was incompatible. Id rather stick to a known good seller... Reduce the risk.
Yes, I would like to know this too.

Last edited:
@Tian321 I'm sorry, but I've never had this issue. Unfortunately I don't have any suggestion for you since our motherboards are different. Did you find anyone else having the same problem? Maybe a search on internet could help.

I wasn't be able to find any guide on this particular issue.
Before I use your EFI, I was using the EFI that created by Unibeast Catalina. All the usb ports didn't work at all, until I add the USBInjectAll.kexts to the EFI/Clover/kexts/Other then all the ports were working. But I got issues (noob me) configuring that EFI to work for proper restart/shutdown (Install EFI on the using Multibeast 11.3.0 didn't work at all for me as it hangs on boot).

Using your EFI was the best experience that I had, except the minor issues with some usb ports not working.
I notice in your EFI/Clover/kexts/Other as the USBPorts.kext, was this a custom one that you created? I tried copying the USBInjectAll.kexts to your EFI version, but it didn't seem to change anything. So I tried to remove the USBPorts.kext and keeping the USBInjectAll.kexts, with this, no usb ports was recognise.

Yes, these EarPods work. I plugged the 3.5mm jack in the front bottom audio port.
Why are you using two cables?

I wasn't be able to find any guide on this particular issue.
Before I use your EFI, I was using the EFI that created by Unibeast Catalina. All the usb ports didn't work at all, until I add the USBInjectAll.kexts to the EFI/Clover/kexts/Other then all the ports were working. But I got issues (noob me) configuring that EFI to work for proper restart/shutdown (Install EFI on the using Multibeast 11.3.0 didn't work at all for me as it hangs on boot).

Using your EFI was the best experience that I had, except the minor issues with some usb ports not working.
I notice in your EFI/Clover/kexts/Other as the USBPorts.kext, was this a custom one that you created? I tried copying the USBInjectAll.kexts to your EFI version, but it didn't seem to change anything. So I tried to remove the USBPorts.kext and keeping the USBInjectAll.kexts, with this, no usb ports was recognise.
I used this USBPorts.kext file and it just worked for me, I don't know if it was a custom one or not.
I'm sorry I am unable to provide you any other detail. Did you already try with this guide?

Please keep me posted in case you find any working solution. Good luck!

Why are you using two cables?
because my headset has 2 cables 1 for audio and second for microfon and i didn't know that the Bottom port in front is combined(audio+microfon 1 jack), anyway upper is for microfon bottom is for audio and it should work

because my headset has 2 cables 1 for audio and second for microfon and i didn't know that the Bottom port in front is combined(audio+microfon 1 jack), anyway upper is for microfon bottom is for audio and it should work
I understand. I'm sure if you try headphones with one cable (audio + mic, combined) with the bottom port, everything will work.

I don't know if the issue you're having depends on hackintosh or audio inputs of DeskMini. Do you have the chance to try your headphones with Windows on the same PC?

Hey Css13.
I have used your EFI Folder to get my 310 running.
But I am stuck at the update of Catalina 10.15.2 (from 10.15.1).
When I start the update right from system settings he wants a reboot and after a short time system hangs and reboot.
I've updated the kexts to the newest version and still use Clover 5018. (I can't get my system started with later versions).
Maybe you have any hints what I am doing wrong.

Edit: Forget my Post. I was stupid. Didn't choose the right partition in Clover after reboot. Now I'm on 10.15.2.
Anyway, is anyone of you on a newer version of Clover then 5018?
I can't get Apple Photos to scan faces in Photos.
When I look in console I only get "failed to load photo library PHPhotoLibrary with url <private>, Error Domain=com.apple.photos.error Code=45001"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back