Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] macOS Catalina on ASRock DeskMini 310 with 9th Gen Intel Core CPU, Dual-Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've an iPad Pro 12,9 (II) ... no charging on all USB ports. I activated HighCurrent.
iPhone SE charging works (but slow imo) and my bus powered USB 2.0 audio interface works flawless too.
I suspect you have your answer then... Your phone which is one of Apples smallest is only charging slowly. Your iPad Pro which is pretty much the biggest device Apple makes (laptops aside) isn't charging. I suspect there is not enough current being delivered to activate charging. As I say, I have seen this behavior before with weak wall chargers. My guess is, even if you were running Windows on this hardware, the behavior regarding charging of the devices would be the same.

The USB 3.0 specification is 0.9 Ampere ... 0.5 Ampere on USB 2.0.

I checked the USB info in "about this mac" and the current seems to be OK. 500mA on 2.0, 900mA on 3.0

So it's a bit weird that my 2012 Mac mini with it's USB 3.0 ports is able to charge the iPad Pro.

Probable I'll try to buy a USB-C cable. USB-C should deliver 3 Amperes ... I will do so and give a feedback soon.

----

There is something interesting:

I checked the USB Info on the Mac mini ... the Mac mini gives additional power to the USB port above the USB 3.0 specs (1.6 Ampere) if the iPad is connected.

If I connect the iPad to the Deskmini USB 3.0 Port macOS connects it only with 500mA. I've an USB 3.1 memory stick. This one gets 900mA like it should be.

Weird thing.

Last edited:
Hey there,

i have a Strange behaviour with my 4K Monitor. When I Boot up my hacki I get a GUI for some seconds. But After That Screen Gets black ad Stay black for about 30 seconds. Afterwards i can use the pc without Problem. Only if i switched the Monitor off and on Again or my Monitor gets into Energy Saving Mode it's the Same.
With other PCs the Monitor works flawless so I think it is the combination of 4K Monitor and hackintosh. Any hints from you? Someone here with 4K monitor?
PC is attached with DP
Some googling showed I'm not alone. Many people with DP1.2 problems on 4k. I also wanted to try hdmi wiring but after the clover boot menu I only got black screen.

Last edited:
I tested the USB-C Port. On this port the iPad Pro is charging well (and I think fast too) ... but as you see can see, the current seems to reported incorrect. So I think macOS can't control / reading the current of the ports correctly ...

Bildschirmfoto 2020-02-14 um 22.57.45.png

I finally managed the USB power thing:

... the order of the acpi patches seem to be very imported.
The USBX has to be loaded first ... it initialize the usb power.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-02-27 um 19.31.26.png
Bildschirmfoto 2020-02-27 um 19.37.32.png

My Deskmini-Hackintosh running very smoothly now - including Filevault 2 - and Sidecar (via Wifi) ... COOL!

EDL upload your EFI please

macOS Catalina 10.15.3

CPU: i7 8700
Wifi/BT: BCM94360CS2
SSD: WD Blue 1TB NVMe
RAM: 32GB HyperX

Smbios serial in this EFI (clover's config.plist) was changed to random one ... I'm using another / a valid one.
Sleep doesn't work (crashes/restarts seconds after wakeup).

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 104
Last edited:
my Efi
- NVram work, sleep work if hibenatemode =0, (hibernate with mod25 reastarts after wake)Replace with your SN in config

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 108
Reactions: EDL
my Efi
- NVram work, sleep work if hibenatemode =0, (hibernate with mod25 reastarts after wake)Replace with your SN in config

Thanks alot :cool:... will try to merge yours with mine!

I didn't succeeded with the sleep issue - but nvram works :cool: and I got "nice" macOS-crash messages on and after boot.

macOS says:
Code:
panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff80156288b7): "AppleHDAHDMI_DPDriver::setPowerState(0xffffff8065f21c00 : 0xffffff7f97fe4730, 0 -> 1) timed out after 10180 ms"@/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-6153.81.5/iokit/Kernel/IOServicePM.cpp:5302

Have to note that I'm using another "CPUFriendDataProvider.kext" because I think you aren't own the i7 8700, right?
I took my one from here: https://github.com/laelsirus/GA-B360M-D3H-with-UHD630-iGPU-AMD-dGPU-CLOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back