Register

[GUIDE] macOS Catalina on a Dell Inspiron 5577

Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 5577 HM175
CPU
i5-7300HQ
Graphics
Intel HD 630
Thanks for the post. I was able to successfully install catalina on my laptop. But one issue I found is with the clover. It takes about 15-20 seconds for the partitions to show up in the clover menu. I installed high sierra and mojave on this laptop before but the clover screen didn't take more than 3 seconds. Is there anything I could do to increase the speed? I installed catlina on a 512gb ssd.
I will find a fix. Please make an Issue on my Github so I don't forget

Motherboard
318DK Dell 5577
CPU
I5-7300HQ
Graphics
GTX-1050 , INTEL HD 630
Hello @DankMemezIV , First of all Thank you for your EFI i was able to install macOS catalina in my laptop Dell 5577. But i have noticed that the battery life is almost half that of Windows ( from 6hrs in windows to 3hrs in mac). I wanted to know if its the same for you also? Also 1). some gestures are not working properly life the three fingers up and down for mission control. 2). I followed your guide to fix headphone jack on github but after running your install command n installing codeccommander i was not able to boot up to complete the whole process it just crashed, so i went into recovery and deleted those kext and ran uninstall command provided in the fix, after that i was able to boot up and then i put verbstub.kext to C/K/O and ran install.sh but jack was not fixed.
Please if you can , please help me solve the battery issues first and then the rest. Thank You!