Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] macOS Catalina 10.15.6 on Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite and RX 580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, you can try swapping EFI folders.

With your EFI folder the computer doesn't boot…

Add the kext and the SSDT in their corresponding tabs in config.plist. No just the files into their folders.

Maybe that's what failed before because I only copied them to its folder… I only need to know how can I add it to the config.plist (I googled that but didn't find the way, sorry!)

Maybe that's what failed before because I only copied them to its folder… I only need to know how can I add it to the config.plist (I googled that but didn't find the way, sorry!)

Copy SSDT-USBW.aml into ACPI folder, then open config.plist> ACPI> Add and add a new entry for that SSDT next to the ones you already have there, for example if I have
XML:
<key> Add </key>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>Path</key>
                <string>SSDT-AWAC.aml</string>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>Path</key>
                <string>SSDT-DTPG.aml</string>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>Path</key>
                <string>SSDT-NVRAM.aml</string>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>Path</key>
                <string>SSDT-PLUG.aml</string>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>Path</key>
                <string>SSDT-PMC.aml</string>
            </dict>
I add at the end
XML:
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>Path</key>
                <string>SSDT-USBX.aml</string>
            </dict>
for OpenCore to load that SSDT file, it is not enough to just put it in its folder.

Regarding the kext, in the Kernel> Add section, where you already have the other kext, you add the new one
XML:
            <dict>
                <key>Arch</key>
                <string>Any</string>
                <key>BundlePath</key>
                <string>USBWakeFixup.kext</string>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>ExecutablePath</key>
                <string>Contents/MacOS/USBWakeFixup</string>
                <key>MaxKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>MinKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>PlistPath</key>
                <string>Contents/Info.plist</string>
            </dict>
Remember that Lilu must always be the first in the list and VirtualSMC the second.

I do it with OpenCore Configurator from mackie100, the current version is 2.14.0.0 and it works very well with Opencore 0.6.1.

Last edited:
Maybe that's what failed before because I only copied them to its folder…

Don’t forget to reset nvram from opencore menu first time after you change anything in opencore folders or config.plist.

Copy SSDT-USBW.aml into ACPI folder, then open config.plist> ACPI> Add and add a new entry for that SSDT next to the ones you already have there…

Regarding the kext, in the Kernel> Add section, where you already have the other kext, you add the new one…

Sorry, sorry, sorry for my ignorance, you have noticed I'm a completely noob… The program I'm using is Clover Configurator and I can't see any place to add the code you posted. I open the config.plist with it, go to "Acpi" or "Kernel and Kext Patches" and I can't find where to put the code. Maybe I need to use the Opencore to do that?

Sorry, sorry, sorry for my ignorance, you have noticed I'm a completely noob… The program I'm using is Clover Configurator and I can't see any place to add the code you posted. I open the config.plist with it, go to "Acpi" or "Kernel and Kext Patches" and I can't find where to put the code. Maybe I need to use the Opencore to do that?

Sorry, I don't know why I thought you use OpenCore.
In Clover it's easier. It's only necessary to copy the files SSDT-USBX.aml (ACPI / patched) and USBWakeFixup.kext (kexts / Other) and it is not necessary to modify config.plist.
My recomendation. Copy the EFI folder attached into the EFI partition on your disk instead of the one you have now (also save your current one just in case) and then install Clover r5122 even if you had already installed it before. Install Clover by checking the options of the 2 attached images. Reboots and tests.
In first reboot, clean nvram, yo do that pressing F11 in the Clover screen, before loading macOS.

Attachments

• clover1.png
    clover1.png
    23.1 KB · Views: 74
  • clover2.png
    clover2.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 71
  • EFI.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it. Now I'm a little bit busy (can't take risks) but will do it as soon as I have time and will tell you how it was… :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back