Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] macOS Catalina 10.15.6 on Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite and RX 580

Status
Not open for further replies.
This 2 and try.
It did the same thing… Pushed the power button to wake up (keyboard and mouse didn't work), it tried to wake up but after a while it shuts down… :cry:

It did the same thing… Pushed the power button to wake up (keyboard and mouse didn't work), it tried to wake up but after a while it shuts down… :cry:

:( I don't know what else to say.

OK, don't worry… Thank you very much! :thumbup:

Let's try one more thing. @CaseySJ proposes a possible solution for situations in which it is necessary to touch twice a USB mouse or keyboard to reactivate the screen. Not exactly your problem but give it a try. It is a kext and an SSDT.aml file. Put each one in its folder and configure config.plist. Reboot and test.

Our systems are so similar that it seems incredible that they do not work the same. In my case this is the situation:

- Clover: Waking up from sleep with both iMac19.1 and iMacPro1.1 works well from keyboard or mouse or power button.

- OpenCore: with iMacPro1,1 sometimes it wakes up fine and other times the screen goes black or the PC restarts; with iMac19,1 it wakes up fine with a touch of the power button or 2 taps on mouse or keyboard. With CaseySJ kext and SSDT it wakes up well with just 1 touch on mouse or keyboard.

Attachments

• USBWakeFixup.zip
    10 KB · Views: 60
OK, don't worry… Thank you very much! :thumbup:

This is my current EFI folder for OpenCore and for Clover. Serial numbers are different than the ones I use. Audio is not configured because I use bluetooth speakers.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 82
  • EFI-clover.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 104
This is my current EFI folder for OpenCore and for Clover. Serial numbers are different than the ones I use. Audio is not configured because I use bluetooth speakers.

I see some differences on the config.plist. Can I replace my EFI folder with yours to make a test? Or I need to replace the specific files on each folder?

I see some differences on the config.plist. Can I replace my EFI folder with yours to make a test? Or I need to replace the specific files on each folder?
Yes, you can try swapping EFI folders.

Great! Thanks! What you mean configuring config.plist?
Add the kext and the SSDT in their corresponding tabs in config.plist. No just the files into their folders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back