Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] macOS Big Sur on ASRock DeskMini 310 with 9th Gen Intel Core CPU, Dual-Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
- SSDT-USBX must be obligatory for corect power menegment usb ports otherwise charging iphone /ipad is not possible, possible shutdowns portable external harddrives, sticks
IF you use Hackintool to generate USBPorts.kext, the USB power properties are in USBPorts.kext. USBX is unnecessary if the power properties are in USBPorts.kext - just make sure the USB power properties are correct in USBPorts.kext/Contents/Info.plist. I don't see the USB Power properties in your USBPorts.kext. What tool did you use to generate USBPorts.kext?

IF you use Hackintool to generate USBPorts.kext, the USB power properties are in USBPorts.kext. USBX is unnecessary if the power properties are in USBPorts.kext - just make sure the USB power properties are correct in USBPorts.kext/Contents/Info.plist. I don't see the USB Power properties in your USBPorts.kext. What tool did you use to generate USBPorts.kext?
1. as I already said USBX is necesary- original mac use USBX device in DSDT to inject corect currents to usb ports
2. USBPorts.kext from hackintool injects current in the wrong way in Catalina and BigSur
I can prove that. If your do not use a USBX and use USBPorts.kext maked with hackintool find in ioreg AppleUSBHostResources and make a screen shot and attach here

1. as I already said USBX is necesary- original mac use USBX device in DSDT to inject corect currents to usb ports
2. USBPorts.kext from hackintool injects current in the wrong way in Catalina and BigSur
I can prove that. If your do not use a USBX and use USBPorts.kext maked with hackintool find in ioreg AppleUSBHostResources and make a screen shot and attach here
Thank you for your help. Here is my IOReg with USB Power Properties injected by USBPorts.kext. Please tell me what is wrong with this. Thank you!

Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 7.59.22 AM.png

Also - see this thread.

- SSDT-PM.aml - I don't know where you got it but this table is for Intel 100 chipset. we use 300 serises chipset.
Forgive me for what is probably a dumb question, but where are you getting your information? Below is Device (PPMC) from @Css13 's SSDT-PM. Also below is Device (PPMC) from a real iMac19,1. What is the difference between these? The only thing I see "wrong" (and it's not really wrong) with Css13's SSDT-PM is that he declares "External (_SB_.PCI0, DeviceObj)" in his SSDT-PM. This declaration is unnecessary.

@Css13's SSDT-PM
Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 8.36.03 AM.png

Device (PPMC) from a real iMac19,1
Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 8.36.16 AM.png

Last edited:
Thank you for your help. Here is my IOReg with USB Power Properties injected by USBPorts.kext. Please tell me what is wrong with this. Thank you!

View attachment 503215

Also - see this thread.
compare with yours.
About thread-
in big sur no more IoClass AppleBusPowerController (was changed to AppleUsbHostResources that's why power should be injected to match Ioclass AppleUsbHostResources. In catalina power shuold inject power to mach ioclass Applebuspowercontroller)
Device (PPMC)
In real macs like in PC the DSDT was was written for more models but device PPMC have a _ADR 0x001f0002 this adress was found on 100 series chipset PC in DSDT there he mach AppleIntelPCHPMC.kext. On 300 chipset no such address

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-12-31 at 18.35.52.png
    Screenshot 2020-12-31 at 18.35.52.png
    146.2 KB · Views: 74
compare with yours.
About thread-
in big sur no more IoClass AppleBusPowerController (was changed to AppleUsbHostResources that's why power should be injected to match Ioclass AppleUsbHostResources. In catalina power shuold inject power to mach ioclass Applebuspowercontroller)
Device (PPMC)
In real macs like in PC the DSDT was was written for more models but device PPMC have a _ADR 0x001f0002 this adress was found on 100 series chipset PC in DSDT there he mach AppleIntelPCHPMC.kext. On 300 chipset no such address
Ok - I think you'll find that Css13's SSDT-PM works fine (it's what I use) and I think you will find that USBPorts.kext is able to inject USB Power properties just fine. I have had success with both SSDT-USBX and USBPorts - they both work fine. There is more than one "right" way to hack. Be careful about claiming that any one solution is "wrong."

When you said "I'm sorry friend, I don't want to offend you, but you made a lot of wrong decisions" - he didn't make wrong decisions - he just made different decisions.

It looks like there might be some other log entries that give a clue about the SSDT-GPRW loading error. Without seeing the supporting lines, it does appear that there's an error injecting GPRW (which is what would be expected without the patch). If you still want your SSDT-GPRW replacement, be sure to include the patch in your config.plist. See full documentation here.
@deeveedee I'll keep that in mind for the future. Thanks a lot for sharing.
@Css13 you already mentioned me in your post so that's enough:angel:
- no need to turn off vt-d
if vt-d is off in windows 10 it will be impossible to enable the sandbox or any other virtualisation software. vt-d works fine in mac os
- CSM - disabled
- C States Support: Auto

about ACPI tables
Open Core works only with .aml
- SSDT-PM.aml - I don't know where you got it but this table is for Intel 100 chipset. we use 300 serises chipset. All tables in OC folder must be have code if OSI darwin - otherwise wil be affected windows and we get BSOD
- SSDT-USBX must be obligatory for corect power menegment usb ports otherwise charging iphone /ipad is not possible, possible shutdowns portable external harddrives, sticks
- xhci unsoported kext- This kext was developed when Intel released 300 chipset at that time in apples kext were absent some ID for usb controllers but after
a few months later, Apple released new mac with a 300 chipset (imac 19.1, macmini8.1) that ID present in apples kexts
@viorel78 Got it. Thank you for explaining, makes sense to me, but I can ensure you that I've been trying my setup for days and I didn't have any BSOD on Windows or USB power management issues (tried USB pen drives and hard drives only) so far. Anyway, your setup looks cleaner than mine and it requires less kexts, so probably it is also more stable.
Ok - I think you'll find that Css13's SSDT-PM works fine (it's what I use) and I think you will find that USBPorts.kext is able to inject USB Power properties just fine. I have had success with both SSDT-USBX and USBPorts - they both work fine. There is more than one "right" way to hack. Be careful about claiming that any one solution is "wrong."

When you said "I'm sorry friend, I don't want to offend you, but you made a lot of wrong decisions" - he didn't make wrong decisions - he just made different decisions.
I would agree with you, but I am still unexperienced about the Hackintosh topic and I'm more than happy to learn different (and eventually, better) ways to do things. I really appreciate your suggestions and the time you took for explaining me.

That said, I just updated my EFI.zip attachment on this thread using viorel78's one with some minor adjustments (like replacing the Generic section in config.plist file with my data and the background color of the OpenCore boot picker). It works good so far on my hardware and maybe it's a bit less "hacky" than mine.

OC 0.6.5 - fixed all ACPI erors

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4 MB · Views: 148
OC 0.6.5 - fixed all ACPI erors
Hey @viorel78, thanks for sharing. It works like a charm and I noticed that you also updated the kexts to the latest version.

After changing a couple of settings according to my preferences, I replaced the EFI.zip attachment on my first post with this updated version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back