- Graphics Configuration:
Primary Display: iGFX
iGPU Multi-Monitor: Enabled
DVMT Pre-Allocated: 32M
RC6(Render Standby): Disabled

PCH Configuration
- IOAPIC 24-119 Entries: Enabled

PCH Storage Configuration
- SATA Controller(s): Disabled (if you have SDD NVMe)

Onboard Devices Configuration
- HD Audio: Enabled
- USB power delivery in Soft Off state (S5): Disabled
- Serial Port Configuration
Serial Port: Off

USB Configuration
- Legacy USB Support: Enabled
- XHCI Hand-off: Enabled

Network Stack Configuration
- Network Stack: Disabled

Boot:

- Boot Configuration
Fast Boot: Disabled
- CSM (Compatibility Support Module)
Launch CSM: Disabled
- Secure Boot
OS Type: Other OS

Double check.
The only difference was at
Graphics Configuration:
I dont have
Primary Display: iGFX option but CPU Graphics.

I think will be the same.

White screen remains.

After search i'm only see references to use FakeSMC.kext.
Did you thing that can solve ?

Last edited:
@miliuco i have tryed now with a RX470 and respective plist, and the gray screen remains.

The computer dont freezes, and dont reboots, the mice moves, but nothing more appears on screen.

Another try with Big Sur 11.4, and the problem remains

After search i'm only see references to use FakeSMC.kext.
Did you thing that can solve ?

Last edited:
Yes, I've read also something about FakeSMC instead of VirtualSMC. Remove VirtualSMC and its plugins (SMCProcessor and SMCSuperIO) and try FakeSMC. Last version by Slice.

Yes, I've read also something about FakeSMC instead of VirtualSMC. Remove VirtualSMC and its plugins (SMCProcessor and SMCSuperIO) and try FakeSMC. Last version by Slice.

I have tryed it now, and problem remains. Has to be another thing.

Please, can you check my EFI, to see if i have any fault.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 67
I have tryed it now, and problem remains. Has to be another thing.

Ok, let me check it when I'm at home.

I have added code for the iGPU. Do not be surprised if the USB ports do not work well because I have removed the ports map for my motherboard, if we get the machine to boot well we will fix it later. Try this EFI and comment.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 68
I have added code for the iGPU. Do not be surprised if the USB ports do not work well because I have removed the ports map for my motherboard, if we get the machine to boot well we will fix it later. Try this EFI and comment.

Hi @miliuco. Thank you, is working. I already insntalled, and put the Time Machine from my old hackintosh.
The problem is that Internet using ethernet port is very slow, it appears like dns take many time to resolve urls, already tryed several things but the problem remains.

My board Asus TUF Z390-PRO GAMING has native Wifi and Bluetooth, and i think that cant be disabled in bIOS.

I dont know, if the problem is moething with this, all the kexts are at last version.

@Argozelo
Your Ethernet must work fine with IntelMausi (Acidanthera) or IntelMausiEthernet (Mieze), not both, one of them.

Try deleting this files and rebooting:
1. turn off wifi and bluetooth
2. delete /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.airport.preferences.plist
3. delete /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.network.identification.plist
4. delete /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.wifi.message-tracer.plist
5. delete /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist
6. delete /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/preferences.plist
7. reboot and enable wifi and bluetooth again.

Note: file not found errors can be ignored.

@miliuco, great guide. It took me a minute to prepare the USB, but I managed to install Big Sur on the first try and works very well. We have practically identical hardware and I used the OpenCore 0.7.1.

The only thing is - it does not sleep well. It does not turn the display off either. When I leave it for some time it would go to sleep sometimes, but wakes up after few minutes. Sometimes it stays just ON.

Is it possible I missed something in the config? Everything else works perfectly, as far as I can see.

Thank you for the effort!

About sleep, this are the important things:

Pmset config
Put this command in Terminal and press INTRO. Notice that I have displaysleep 10, disksleep 15 and sleep 20, change it if necessary.
Code:
sudo pmset autopoweroff 0;sudo pmset autorestart 0;sudo pmset displaysleep 10;sudo pmset disksleep 15;sudo pmset sleep 20;sudo pmset hibernatemode 0;sudo pmset powernap 0;sudo pmset proximitywake 0;sudo pmset standby 0;sudo pmset tcpkeepalive 1;sudo pmset ttyskeepawake 0;sudo pmset womp 0;defaults write com.apple.loginwindow PowerButtonSleepsSystem -bool no

Handoff
If Handoff is enabled (System Preferences >> General) sleep works worse than if it's disabled.

USB ports map
Since our mobos are identical, this is ok with my USBMap.kext.

Boot-arg
Try with darkwake=0 (obsolete argument but sometimes the system sleeps better) and agdpmod=pikera (not required for our RX 580 but I'v noticed that all seems to work better, even sleep).

Wake by USB mouse or keyboard (single touch)
- acpi-wake-type=01 in USB DeviceProperties
wake.png

- SSDT-USBW.aml + USBWakeFixup.kext (see here).

Do you have MacPro7,1 in SMBIOS?

Back