Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] macOS Big Sur 11 on Z390 Aorus Elite board

thank's @Middleman

ok!

sys.png

rx550.png

@ifreddy
There is a problem with the SMBIOS model. In the screenshot that you have uploaded:
  • Nome modello: Mac> it has to be iMac or Mac Pro or another Mac model
  • Indetificatore modello: Z390 AORUS ELITE> it has to be iMac19,1 or iMacPro1,1 or another SMBIOS model
  • Informazioni Apple ROM: Default string> wrong
  • Serial number: Default string> wrong.
I just discovered the cause (I think). You are using config.plist without serial numbers, with XXXXXXXXXXXX instead, is that right? We have to add them. I put some valid numbers for this SMBIOS in config.plist, replace only this file, test it and tell me if in System Profile> Hardware things go well, including CPU model.

I was going to send you something for the USB ports but I will wait to see if they are fixed with the serial numbers, it is likely that both problems are related. It is even possible that the behavior of macOS sometimes not running smoothly is also related.

The RX550 seems well installed. Finally!!!

Attachments

• config.plist
    18.1 KB · Views: 57
That is great to hear! Well done all! :clap:
I see in system profiler Chipset model is AMD Radeon RX550, (note the comma at the end).
Why does it happen?
In the SSDT and in config.plist I see it well written.
Do you know the cause of that final coma?
Thanks.

@ifreddy
There is a problem with the SMBIOS model. In the screenshot that you have uploaded:
  • Nome modello: Mac> it has to be iMac or Mac Pro or another Mac model
  • Indetificatore modello: Z390 AORUS ELITE> it has to be iMac19,1 or iMacPro1,1 or another SMBIOS model
  • Informazioni Apple ROM: Default string> wrong
  • Serial number: Default string> wrong.
I just discovered the cause (I think). You are using config.plist without serial numbers, with XXXXXXXXXXXX instead, is that right? We have to add them. I put some valid numbers for this SMBIOS in config.plist, replace only this file, test it and tell me if in System Profile> Hardware things go well, including CPU model.

I was going to send you something for the USB ports but I will wait to see if they are fixed with the serial numbers, it is likely that both problems are related. It is even possible that the behavior of macOS sometimes not running smoothly is also related.

The RX550 seems well installed. Finally!!!
sysInfo.png

no changes.

@ifreddy
Change this in config.plist:
  • Kernel > Quirks > CustomSMBIOSGuid > True (by default is False)
  • PlatformInfo > UpdateSMBIOSMode > Custom (by default is Create).
Try and comment.

@ifreddy
Change this in config.plist:
  • Kernel > Quirks > CustomSMBIOSGuid > True (by default is False)
  • PlatformInfo > UpdateSMBIOSMode > Custom (by default is Create).
Try and comment.

now it's perfect!

ok.png

The problem of the USB ports is also solved !!

I continue the tests and maybe try to launch some games just to see how the eGPU responds.

I will never thank you enough.
You are great, MAN!

I see in system profiler Chipset model is AMD Radeon RX550, (note the comma at the end).
Why does it happen?
In the SSDT and in config.plist I see it well written.
Do you know the cause of that final coma?
Thanks.
I think it could be this. Maybe it (the name) should be removed from the device properties in config.plist to stop conflicting? Because the SSDT is also injecting the name?

Everything works perfectly!
Sleep, star / stop works perfect too!
osx speed is also acceptable.

one problem, maybe you can explain to me why:
I'm using a virtualization software for using VM-Win10, but as soon as it starts it tells me that: "network identification failed"
I tried to set all the possible options in the settings:
-shared network
-host-only
-etc

ethernet.png

none works!

if you can give me some ideas?

I see in the hardware a card more than necessary: USB 10/100/1000 lan
and that's the problem?

USB  lan ??.png

thank you!!!!

@ifreddy
I think it could be this. Maybe it (the name) should be removed from the device properties in config.plist to stop conflicting? Because the SSDT is also injecting the name?
Well, it is something to try. It is not important, of course.
@ifreddy if you read this you see what we are talking about, that comma that appears at the end of the dGPU name. Nothing important but if you want to try what @Middleman proposes, you just have to delete the Model line in the RX550 properties.
Now it is this way:
vga1.png

It would look like this:
vga2.png

But if you leave it as it is now, nothing bad happens.

Now it's time to learn something new.
Why do the USB ports fail if the Mac model is not well recognized? Because in USBMap.kext> Contents> Info.plist the SMBIOS model is defined and, if macOS has detected an SMBIOS that does not match the one written in this file, USB ports do not work well.
In your case, in Info.plist you can read:infoplist.png
As you can see, it is iMac19,1 but About this Mac showed another thing, if these 2 values do not match there are errors in the USB ports.

Back