Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] macOS Big Sur 11 on Z390 Aorus Elite board

This sounds like a graphics card to me. Either iGPU or dGPU.

Try only 1 line in iGPU DeviceProperties: AAPL,ig-platform-id.

Before:
View attachment 522106
After:
View attachment 522107
BIOS CONF:
Above 4G decoding -> disable
LAN -> enable
Wake on lan -> disable
IOAPIC 24-119 ENTRIES -> disable

Scenario A-
(RX TO MONITOR VIA DVI) and (connected cable HDMI iGPU HD360 only part)

1) AUDIO CONTROLLER -> ENABLE
ERROR: [LOOP..] IOP platformPanicAction -> IONVMeController / AppeSNC
2) AUDIO CONTROLLER -> DISABLE
ERROR: gtrace synchronization point 0

Scenario B-
(RX TO MONITOR VIA HDMI)

ERROR: IOP platformPanicAction -> IONVMeController / AppeSNC
ERROR: Generation from SNC report as 2
DSMOS has arrived

Last edited:
BIOS CONF:
Above 4G decoding -> disable
LAN -> enable
Wake on lan -> disable
IOAPIC 24-119 ENTRIES -> disable

Scenario A-
(RX TO MONITOR VIA DVI) and (connected cable HDMI iGPU HD360 only part)

ERROR: [LOOP..] IOP platformPanicAction -> IONVMeController / AppeSNC
ERROR: gtrace synchronization point 0

Scenario B-
(RX TO MONITOR VIA HDMI)

ERROR: IOP platformPanicAction -> IONVMeController / AppeSNC
ERROR: Generation from SNC report as 2
DSMOS has arrived
If it is looping you need to add the following to your boot-args: -igfxhdmidivs
and you must use my modified EFI from earlier (with the VRAM memory fixes).
Otherwise it is not going to boot.

You can read about the fix here under 'Fix the infinite loop on establishing Intel HDMI connections with a higher pixel clock rate on Skylake, Kaby Lake and Coffee Lake platforms'
> https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.IntelHD.en.md

I also just noticed you're missing a SSDT-AWAC file in your build (which is essential for fixing your RTC). Added it in for you here in this EFI. (just remember to add -igfxhdmidivs as boot-arg).

Attachments

• EFI-new-3.zip
    8.3 MB · Views: 61
@Middleman
I had not realized that SSDT-AWAC was missing. Although it may not be necessary (to find out you have to obtain the DSDT in AML format> decompile it to ASL format> search the DSL file for the Device (AWAC) text> if it does not exist> SSDT-AWAC is not necessary) it does not hurt to have it installed so in doubt it seems advisable to add it (also in config.plist).

This is difficult to understand. @ifreddy has the same motherboard as me and a very similar CPU, these errors do not make sense because my hardware works perfectly with 10.15, 11 and 12.
The only difference is in the dGPU, RX 580 versus 550. But it's hard to believe that just adding the 550 would cause so many errors.

I believe that @ifreddy is trying to have the 550 as primary card, in this case the iGPU does not carry image to display and it does not have to be activated at startup with arguments like igfxhdmidivs, igfxonln=1 or disablegfxfirmware, these arguments are intended for the iGPU that works as primary card and carries image to display.
As per Coffee Lake's Dortania guide, you only need the AAPL,ig-platform-id property:
"Note: Headless framebuffers (where the dGPU is the display out) do not need framebuffer-patch-enable and framebuffer-stolenmem."

Reviewing BIOS settings, this is the most important thing that I have in my Hack:
  • CFG Lock: Disabled
  • Platform Power Management: Disabled
  • VT-d: Disabled
  • XHCI Hand-Off: Disabled
  • Legacy USB Support: Enabled
  • Network Stack: Disabled
  • CSM: Disabled
  • Secure Boot: Disabled
  • Fast Boot: Disabled
  • OS Type: Windows 8/10
  • Wake on LAN: Disabled
  • Initial Display Output: PCIe 1 Slot
  • DVMT Pre-Allocated: 256M or higher.
With BIOS F10g or F10h. What version do you have @ifreddy?

The version of OpenCore you are using is not recent, I will prepare an EFI folder with OpenCore 0.7.0, adapting the current config.plist with the things that @Middleman proposes for the dGPU (DeviceProperties and SSDT-GPU-SPOOF) but with the iGPU set for headless mode.

A doubt. When you say "(RX TO MONITOR VIA DVI) and (connected HDMI cable iGPU HD360 only part)" do you mean that the iGPU has an HDMI cable connected but it doesn't end anywhere?

Before RX 550, the system was working well using Intel iGPU as single card?

Let's start from the beginning.
I loaded my initial working EFI with the CoffeeLake 1536 iGPU
(EFI 1 - which I am attaching)

My Bios:
CFG Lock: Disabled
Platform Power Management: Disabled
VT-d: Disabled
XHCI Hand-Off: Disabled
Legacy USB Support: Enabled
Network Stack: Disabled
CSM: Disabled
Secure Boot: Disabled
Fast Boot: Disabled
OS Type: Windows 8/10
Wake on LAN: Disabled
Initial Display Output: PCIe 1 Slot
DVMT Pre-Allocated: 256M or higher.

Bios INFO:
- F10g version
- SystemInfo -> Plug in Device Info: pciex16: PCIe 3.0 x8 @ 3.0 x4

Do I have to update the Bios to the F10h?

.) Should I connect the RX550 in HDMI or DVI?
.) The iGPU I have to connect it with HDMI but that doesn't end anywhere?

As I understand that my EFI version is old I ask if you can update it and compile it with all the necessary SSDT and NVRAM so that I just have to copy it ...
P.S. I can not in any way to put a serial that is not XXXXXXXXXX

Attachments

• EFI 1.zip
    8.3 MB · Views: 53
  • EFI 1.png
    EFI 1.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 38
@ifreddy
Updating BIOS to F10h can wait, it's not mandatory right now.
You must plug the RX550 by HDMI, it's better connection for macOS.
Leave empty the HDMI connector of the integrated Intel, no cable or adapter.

Your BIOS settings are ok. I attach a screenshot of mine, only graphics tab. Set your BIOS in this way.
graphics.jpg
I have done an EFI folder with OpenCore 0.7.1. It's a conversion of the previous EFI. It's done for iGPU enabled in BIOS but without cable. Serial numbers are missing, remember.
I have tested it on my system and it boots up fine, with graphical picker and without errors, but with bad graphical acceleration on the macOS desktop because it loads the data intended for RX550 and I have RX580.
Try this EFI as is, without changes.
But remember to do ResetNVRAM the first time you boot with a new EFI.

Attachments

• iFreddy-0.7.1.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 41
@ifreddy
I have never had those errors that you show in verbose mode. It's all related to the new AMD. If you cannot install it, you have to consider going back to the iGPU and leaving it as a single card.

The cheapest graphics card, with enough power to move a macOS in 4K and that works OOTB (plug and play) is Radeon Pro WX 4100, its performance is approx. 4-5 times higher than our Intel 630. The rest of the recommended cards are very expensive.

EFI 0.7.1 has started !!! Finally .

Only that it loads 7MB instead of 4Gb, in fact the mac is very slow to do anything.
ifreddy 0.7.1.png

Last edited:
EFI 0.7.1 has started !!! Finally .

Only that it loads 7MB instead of 4Gb, in fact the mac is very slow to do anything…
Ok, this is lack of graphics acceleration. dGPU is not well detected. Even with DSDT and DeviceProperties.
Now is too late. Tomorrow we’ll try changes in config.plist to see if we can fix the problem.

Back