Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] macOS Big Sur 11 on Z390 Aorus Elite board

@ifreddy
Please try this SSDT, it has the devide-id for your Radeon, only, to spoof it. Remove SSDT-RX550, don't use both at the same time. Always change one by another in config.plist.

Attachments

• SSDT-GPU-SPOOF.aml
    261 bytes · Views: 45
in fact yesterday I tried to load SSDT-RX550 but nothing changed.

so, just to understand if I did it right, I am attaching the EFI that I have modified. you give me confirmation that everything is done right?

between what now I will try it and see.

Attachments

• EFI-0.7.1 amd 2.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 80

so, just to understand if I did it right, I am attaching the EFI that I have modified. you give me confirmation that everything is done right?

Yes, this EFI seems ok. Try with it and comment.

Yes, this EFI seems ok. Try with it and comment.
:banghead:
nothing changes 'always 7mb monitor'.
the only difference is a slight flicker before login but it is imperceptible

ifreddy,

You can't just use the SSDT GPU spoof like that. It must be adapted to how your BIOS is set.
Do this. Run Windows, go to your RX550's device properties and check the Location Path.
See if it matches up with what is in your SSDT. You may need to use MaciASL to check it.
It will look something like this > (_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP)

Contrary to miliuco's recommendations, I'd advise to add the device properties back in for the AMD GPU
for it to work, as well as device properties for the Intel GPU. Device id 699F is correct for your AMD GPU.
Remove the two config GPU SSDTs and only use SSDT-GPU-Spoof.aml in your ACPI build.

You can check my EFI setup here for comparison where I use a RX550 > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...4-ga-z170n-wifi-samsung-860-evo-rx550.313767/

This is how I set my device properties for both cards.

Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 7.32.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 7.32.57 AM.png

But as you are using i7-9700, you need to use 0300983E for AAPL,ig-platform-id and 983E0003 for the device-id on your Intel IGPU (so you can use it as headless or computational mode ie. Intel Quicksync).

ifreddy

Contrary to miliuco's recommendations, I'd advise to add the device properties back in for the AMD GPU
for it to work, as well as device properties for the Intel GPU. Device id 699F is correct for your AMD GPU.
Remove the two config GPU SSDTs and only use SSDT-GPU-Spoof.aml in your ACPI build.

You can check my EFI setup here for comparison where I use a RX550 > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...4-ga-z170n-wifi-samsung-860-evo-rx550.313767/

This is how I set my device properties for both cards.

But as you are using i7-9700, you need to use 0300983E for AAPL,ig-platform-id and 983E0003 for the device-id on your Intel IGPU (so you can use it as headless or computational mode ie. Intel Quicksync).

which Bios settings do you recommend?
.) iGPU and eGPU active?
.) iGPU not active?

Currently it is like this:
Initial display Output: PCIe 1 Slot
Internal graphics: Enable
PCIE bifurcation support: PCIE x16
Aperture size: 256M
DVMT Pre-allocated = 64M
DVMT Total Gfx = 256M.

I have modified my plist with your indications, copied and loaded the SSDT-GPU-Spoof.aml, tried with various configurations of Bios but I don't get any improvements.

I enclose EFi, maybe I forgot something.

Attachments

• EFI-new.zip
    8.3 MB · Views: 61
Okay I've had a look at your EFI. Most of your settings are correct. You likely missed the shikigva=80 and igfxonln=1 for the boot-args and some frame buffer values (which I have restored). I also added in the ResetNVRAM.efi tool as you need to run it every time you change your EFI.

As for the BIOS settings, what you have there looks correct (I normally leave the internal GPU enabled).

Here's your EFI revised. Just remember to repopulate it with your system serial UUIDs, board serials and ROM value (which can be your Ethernet card's MAC address).

Attachments

• EFI-new-2.zip
    8.3 MB · Views: 47
... You likely missed the shikigva=80 and igfxonln=1 for the boot-args and some frame buffer values (which I have restored). I also added in the ResetNVRAM.efi tool as you need to run it every time you change your EFI.

As for the BIOS settings, what you have there looks correct (I normally leave the internal GPU enabled)...
It is probable (I wish) that @ifreddy can solve his problem with the instructions that you have given him. I have not thought that setting the dGPU in DeviceProperties was necessary. That is why it did not work despite loading the SSDT. I hope that now with this change the RX 550 finally works well.

By the way, both SSDT-GPU-SPOOF files, the one I uploaded previously and the one you have included in EFI2, are the same.

Regarding igfxonln=1 in boot-args, I think it is only required if the iGPU is the primary card carrying image to the display, if the iGPU is in headless mode I think it is not required.

Likewise, I think that the properties in DeviceProperties for the iGPU are specific when it is the main card connected to the monitor but not when it is headless mode, in this case the AAPL,ig-platform-id property (as per Dortania guides) is enough.

Regarding ResetNVRAM, this tool is built into OpenCore and has no separate file to be enabled or disabled, what you have added in the Tools folder is ResetSystem.efi which has another function. But it is correct that every time the EFI folder is changed, it is necessary to do ResetNVRAM in the first boot.

Anyway, hopefully with your help @ifreddy can finally have the RX 550 working perfectly.

thank you Guys , something is moving .....

boot hangs on message: "gtrace synchronization point 2"

ideas?

thank you Guys , something is moving .....

boot hangs on message: "gtrace synchronization point 2"...
This sounds like a graphics card to me. Either iGPU or dGPU.

Try only 1 line in iGPU DeviceProperties: AAPL,ig-platform-id.

Before:
igpua.png

After:
igpub.png

Back