Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] macOS Big Sur 11 on Z390 Aorus Elite board

I am using iMac19,1

I have Vega 56 and disabled iGPU, will backup my config file and update required changes in your config.
If you have Vega 56 and iGPU disabled, the best SMBIOS is iMacPro1,1. iMac19,1 is for iGPU enabled in BIOS without cable to monitor. Try both SMBIOS and decide what work better. Really the only change is PlatformInfo > Generic, except this keys, config.plist can be the same.
Please read this to learn the differences and upload here your config.plist so I can see what must be taken from the old to the new version.

If you have Vega 56 and iGPU disabled, the best SMBIOS is iMacPro1,1. iMac19,1 is for iGPU enabled in BIOS without cable to monitor. Try both SMBIOS and decide what work better. Really the only change is PlatformInfo > Generic, except this keys, config.plist can be the same.
Please read this to learn the differences and upload here your config.plist so I can see what must be taken from the old to the new version.
My system is stable and working fine. My current OC version is 0.6.4 so want to upate to latest version 0.6.8. As your build and my build are almost similar. And if you have already updated to 0.6.8 then I can use your EFI and make required config changes. I think I have used your EFI earlier and it was working fine.

As requested please find attached my current config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    36.4 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
My system is stable and working fine. My current OC version is 0.6.4 so want to upate to latest version 0.6.8. As your build and my build are almost similar. And if you have already updated to 0.6.8 then I can use your EFI and make required config changes. I think I have used your EFI earlier and it was working fine.

As requested please find attached my current config.plist
I attach your config.plist validated for 0.6.8 into an 0.6.8 EFI folder. Remember fill in SMBIOS data. Download the most recent versions of your kexts and put them in Kexts. Also put your SSDTs in ACPI. Drivers, Resources and Tools folders already are up to date.

First time you boot with the new EFI you must do ResetNVRAM.

Attachments

• EFI-imac.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 80
I attach your config.plist validated for 0.6.8 into an 0.6.8 EFI folder. Remember fill in SMBIOS data. Download the most recent versions of your kexts and put them in Kexts. Also put your SSDTs in ACPI. Drivers, Resources and Tools folders already are up to date.

First time you boot with the new EFI you must do ResetNVRAM.
Thank you.

Hello again.

I found a Radeon RX 550 4gb and the specs show the Polaris chip. Should work with bigSur, right?

I disabled the integrated card and set bios to 4/4/8.
The system doesn't recognize it, it just says "7MB monitor".
I attach image infoSystem and EFI folder.

Thanks for your help

Attachments

• Info.png
    Info.png
    151.2 KB · Views: 50
  • EFI.zip
    8.3 MB · Views: 75
Hello again.

I found a Radeon RX 550 4gb and the specs show the Polaris chip. Should work with bigSur, right?

I disabled the integrated card and set bios to 4/4/8.
The system doesn't recognize it, it just says "7MB monitor".
I attach image infoSystem and EFI folder.

Thanks for your help
If it has a Polaris chip it can work fine on macOS. Are you sure it's Polaris? What brand is it?
What does "set bios to 4/4/8" mean?
I'm going to check your EFI.

@ifreddy
Yes, I think it's Polaris.
Your EFI is Ok. About config.plist and RX 550:
  • iGPU enabled in BIOS
  • dGPU as main card in BIOS (cable to monitor from RX 550)
  • changed iGPU code in config.plist to headless mode (without cable to monitor)
  • ResetNVRAM in first boot.
Replace only your config.plist by the attached one (remember to fill in SMBIOS data).

Attachments

• config.plist
    17.8 KB · Views: 49
@ifreddy
Yes, I think it's Polaris.
Your EFI is Ok. About config.plist and RX 550:
  • iGPU enabled in BIOS
  • dGPU as main card in BIOS (cable to monitor from RX 550)
  • changed iGPU code in config.plist to headless mode (without cable to monitor)
  • ResetNVRAM in first boot.
Replace only your config.plist by the attached one (remember to fill in SMBIOS data).
Excuse one thing: is it essential to compile SMBIOS to make the card work?
I try and give you feedback.
You are always the best

Excuse one thing: is it essential to compile SMBIOS to make the card work?
I try and give you feedback.
You are always the best
I don't know what compile SMBIOS is. What I mean is to fill in serial numbers in config.plist file. Try and comment.

Back