Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] macOS Big Sur 11 on Z390 Aorus Elite board

No problem. I updated my bios to f12k and the option to unlock CFG was there so i guess i wont need mark those. Before that i was able to boot to your Opencore 0.6.4 but it would freeze once i chose the boot drive or preeboot. Hoping this unlock resolves that.
Ok. In my last BIOS update, there was also the choice to unlock CFG.

Success on Z390 UD. Direct updated. Clover 5126 Mix up with Open Core files. USB All ports working. Bluetooth working. System Preference hang little bit. Sound Quality Good. Display Good. 19.1 System. Shutdown/Restart Works. Thanks to all who provided their EFI directory for experiment.

Last edited:
Success on Z390 UD. Direct updated. Clover 5126 Mix up with Open Core files. USB All ports working. Bluetooth working. System Preference hang little bit. Sound Quality Good. Display Good. 19.1 System. Shutdown/Restart Works. Thanks to all who provided their EFI directory for experiment.
Z390D is another motherboard that runs well as hackintosh. I have not seen that bug in System Preferences, are you with Big Sur 11.0.1?

Z390D is another motherboard that runs well as hackintosh. I have not seen that bug in System Preferences, are you with Big Sur 11.0.1?
Yes, but I have resolve that problem. Running better than Catalina.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-11-20 at 12.39.29 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-20 at 12.39.29 PM.png
    93.1 KB · Views: 75
So the unlock CFG now allows me to boot strait into Catalina with no problem when locked it would just freeze. So i think i can Upgrade to Big Sur from here or do i need to make other changes?
I think the EFI that works well for you in Catalina will also work in BS. I have the same EFI in both systems. Try and comment.

I think the EFI that works well for you in Catalina will also work in BS. I have the same EFI in both systems. Try and comment.
I will try that this weekend. I was looking in the Open core configurator app and i did not see where you can change the default boot disk, can it be changed there? I have multiple boot drives.

I Updated to Big Sur with no issues and booted into it perfectly. Sound is not working, so I need to figure that out. I will mess with it for a while and see what else is not working. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
@miliuco I have Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi + i7-9700k + Vega 56 + Fenvi FVT919 Wireless Card and I am running Mojave. Would the OC 0.6.4 EFI Folder posted in Page 1 work for BS 11.0.1 ? What is your opinion? Also is there an option to just upgrade without formatting my OSX drive? I don't want to backup my files.

Thanks for taking time to help many of us out :) Much Appreciated :)

I think so with minor changes. First of all, have you read this post? It’s about a motherboard closer to yours.
Yo can get my EFI as starting point but probably it will not work 100%.
Vega 56 usually requires adgpmod = pikera in boot args. Try with and without it.
Try and comment here.

Back