Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] macOS Big Sur 11 on Z390 Aorus Elite board

OsX starts up only with internal board -> disable.
With 'enable' the launch bar freezes halfway and does not go further.
Strange!!! Then leave it disabled (iGPU). And delete the key PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) and all its content in DeviceProperties (if exists).

You can write -v in NVRAM > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 > boot-args.
Delete this boot arg when not needed.
that's where it crashes ......

UPDATE:
putting internal board -> "AUTO" or "Disable" bigSur starts but always with "7MB monitor".
Even deleting the key "PciRoot (0x0) / Pci (0x2,0x0)" as you suggested , does not change.

Attachments

• bugsur block.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Updated to Big Sur 11.4 | EFI folder for OpenCore 0.7.1

Updates to the current version 11.4 of Big Sur have been smooth and hassle-free.
I attach the EFI folder for my hardware with Opencore 0.7.1 which, although it is still in beta, works very well and has improvements over previous versions. It has SMBIOS from iMac19.1. Serial numbers are not what I use.
Notes:
  • The audio has layout-is 11 (alcid=11 in boot-args), you can change it to your liking
  • There are 2 config.plists, one for use with the Radeon RX 580 dGPU (config-amd_as_main.plist) and one for use with the Intel 630 iGPU as a main or single card (config-intel_as_main.plist). Change the name of the one you are going to use to config.plist.
  • Don't forget to rename the EFI-0.7.1 folder to EFI.
  • I use CPUFriend + CPUFriendDataProvider kexts to set CPUPM to the CPU that is i9-9700, if you have another CPU delete these 2 kexts from config.plist or set them Enabled=False.
Note: it is an EFI for Z390 Aorus Elite boards although it may work well on similar boards but the USB port map (USBToolBox + UTBMap) only works for the USB port layout of this specific motherboard.

Attachments

• EFI-0.7.1.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 354
Updated to Big Sur 11.4 | EFI folder for OpenCore 0.7.1

Updates to the current version 11.4 of Big Sur have been smooth and hassle-free.
I attach the EFI folder for my hardware with Opencore 0.7.1 which, although it is still in beta, works very well and has improvements over previous versions. It has SMBIOS from iMac19.1. Serial numbers are not what I use.
Notes:
  • The audio has layout-is 11 (alcid=11 in boot-args), you can change it to your liking
  • There are 2 config.plists, one for use with the Radeon RX 580 dGPU (config-amd_as_main.plist) and one for use with the Intel 630 iGPU as a main or single card (config-intel_as_main.plist). Change the name of the one you are going to use to config.plist.
  • Don't forget to rename the EFI-0.7.1 folder to EFI.
  • I use CPUFriend + CPUFriendDataProvider kexts to set CPUPM to the CPU that is i9-9700, if you have another CPU delete these 2 kexts from config.plist or set them Enabled=False.
Note: it is an EFI for Z390 Aorus Elite boards although it may work well on similar boards but the USB port map (USBToolBox + UTBMap) only works for the USB port layout of this specific motherboard.
Thanks, as soon as I get home I try.

Meanwhile I have two questions:
1) Sorry but also applies to my "Sapphire Radeon RX 550 4Gb?"

2) Since I have a i7-9700 3Ghz, for (CPUFriend + CPUFriendDataProvider) just delete the 2 kext if I understand correctly, right?

I will give you feedback. thanks as always !

Last edited:
Thanks, as soon as I get home I try.

Meanwhile I have two questions:
1) Sorry but also applies to my "Sapphire Radeon RX 550 4Gb?"

2) Since I have a i7-9700 3Ghz, for (CPUFriend + CPUFriendDataProvider) just delete the 2 kext if I understand correctly, right?

I will give you feedback. thanks as always !
i7-9700 and i9-9700 have the same base, minimum and turbo freq., I think you can leave CPUFriend + CPUFriendDataProvider and see if all is working well.

But if you delete the 2 kexts, delete it also from config.plist.

i7-9700 and i9-9700 have the same base, minimum and turbo freq., I think you can leave CPUFriend + CPUFriendDataProvider and see if all is working well.

But if you delete the 2 kexts, delete it also from config.plist.
ok, thanks for the explanation.
for the question about my card? do I proceed calmly with your EFI?

ok, thanks for the explanation.
for the question about my card? do I proceed calmly with your EFI?
Yes, being Polaris it must work with this EFI as well. Try and comment.

Yes, being Polaris it must work with this EFI as well. Try and comment.
; (unfortunately it doesn't work.
I loaded the EFI and I tried with various BIOS configurations for the INTERNAL GRAPHICS item (enable, disable, auto) .. tried in both HDMI and DVI, MONITOR 7MB always comes out.
I try to attach you snap made with IORegistryExplorer, hoping it will help.
I checked Device ID and it gives me 0x699f.
I'm losing hope ......

Attachments

• iMac.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 75
miliuco ,
i found this SSDT (SSDT-RX550.dsl) in another post.
i didn't understand how to 'include' it in the config.plist.
Could you help me or tell me if it's a test worth doing?

P.S. :

Attachments

• EFI-0.7.1 amd.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 54
  • SSDT-RX550.dsl
    5.1 KB · Views: 54
You have to add SSDT-RX550 into EFI/OC/ACPI folder and also add it into config.plist file. But OpenCore doesn't use SSDTs with dsl extension, it has to be compiled to aml file. I attach the compiled file.
Copy this SSDT to that folder and add it in config.plist:
ssdt.png

Attachments

• SSDT-RX550.aml
    761 bytes · Views: 52
Back