Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] macOS Big Sur 11 on Z390 Aorus Elite board

Thanks miliuco! just tested your config file, works OK with Clover 5122 but then when I've upgraded to 5126 the Clover GUI freezes as just as I hit enter to select the bootdrive or waiting it to auto-start. Also tried to make a verbose boot but it freezes
I have installed Clover 5126 on a memory stick with the Big Sur install app. My PC has booted fine from this USB with 2 conditions: clean NVRAM the first time (F11 before choosing disk) and choosing Preboot instead of the macOS disk. Big Sur install setup from USB has also booted fine.
I attach the EFi I have used. It should work the same on your PC. Try and tell me.

Attachments

• Clover-5126.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 239
Try this EFI that has some changes thinking about your hardware but I don't guarantee that it will work well. Wifi will not work, my EFI does not have a driver for it, you will have to add it later. I hope it works. It carries OpenCore 0.6.4.
Oh God... first of all thanks man... can you believe it's 8 hours I've been trying with all the informations I've been finding on line but every time I didn't put the ENTIRE EFI FOLDER into my partition?
I just moved BOOT and OC but not all the EFI... damn... now with your suggestion I thought about that... and finally, at least, I can see the boot... it doesn't go on but FINALLY damn I can see the boot...
Now I'm gonna understand what's wrong but believe me, you've already been a lifesaver :)
If I have a smarter question (I'm starting to remember some things) I'm gonna write it down if you're still there but I have a lot of research from last hours LOL... I just didn't put ALL the EFI into the partition ahah unbelievable XD

Thank you very much for taking the time do to this!

I was having real problems installing Big Sur with OpenCore 0.6.2 but I just adapted your EFI by changing the SMBIOS and adding the CFGLock patches and I managed to get a fresh install from USB. Weirdly it restarted the first time at '12 minuets remaining' which is where I was getting stuck before. But after a few restarts and progress on the second stage of install it took me through.

If this helps anyone I am using - Z390 Aorus Ultra - i9900k - RX 580.

Next step is too see if I can boot with the RX 5700XT.
I have almost the same hardware as you do so I was wondering which install guide did you use to install or upgrade to Big Sur?

I was wrong, I had a wrong setting in my Bios... it works without changing anything! Thank you!!!

I was wrong, I had a wrong setting in my Bios... it works without changing anything! Thank you!!!
What was wrong in your Bios? Give us more info. And enjoy your hackintosh.

Hi, sorry for the delay
Unfortunately I don't know what was wrong because as I said I spent a lot of time looking for info all around the internet and there were a lot of settings that some people use and others don't.
BTW at the end I loaded the default bios and just used the most common settings, you know Other OS, CSM disabled
etc... what I can tell you is this: as soon as I noticed the OS didn't boot, I added the -v to the arguments of the boot and read the reason: "Loweset level disk is not mounted." but there is not a lot of info about this around...
It doesn't matter now because it works :)
Today I tested the USB3 ports and I'm not so lucky there because there are 3 ports that don't work :\
Of two ports on the case (Thermaltake Core v1) only one works.
On the motherboard, there are 4 USB3 ports, one USB3.1 and One USB-C, 2 of the 4 USB3 don't work, the others do.
That means I have to study how to create the map for this motherboard... doesn't it? :\
I never learnt how to do that and always used that kext for all of them... but well... I can try :)
Thanks again for all your help mate! :headbang:

@Talanca this EFI folder is like mine with these changes: iMac19,1 + alcid 29 + iGPU enabled in headless mode. It is made with OpenCore 0.6.4, latest version.
You can test it this way: remove your EFI Clover folder (full) from the EFI partition, save it in case you need it again, copy my EFI folder (full) to the EFI partition, on the first boot choose ResetNVRAM icon on the OpenCore menu to empty the keys that Clover has created, it restarts and returns to the Clover menu and this time you choose the icon of your disk with macOS although it should also start automatically in 5 ".
If my EFi folder works well, it should work the same for Catalina and Big Sur for when you want to test it.
If you open the config.plist file, do it with a text editor or plist file editor, don't do it with a graphical configurator. Of course always having a backup of that file in case something is modified by mistake and boot fails.
And it is also convenient to have an install USB, in case the EFI fails, to be able to enter macOS and return to your previous EFI.

Remember: I have CFG Unlocked in BIOS so I don't need to mark AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock (Kernel / Quirks) patches, which are essential to boot macOS in Hackintosh with CFG Locked. If you have it locked, it is imperative to select those 2 patches.
I was looking in the clover configurator and i dont see where you can mark AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock (Kernel / Quirks) patches in there. Can you screenshot the location and post it?
Thanks!

I was looking in the clover configurator and i dont see where you can mark AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock (Kernel / Quirks) patches in there. Can you screenshot the location and post it?
Thanks!
AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock are in OpenCore. In Clover they are named KernelPM and KernelXCPM. Sorry.

AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock are in OpenCore. In Clover they are named KernelPM and KernelXCPM. Sorry.
No problem. I updated my bios to f12k and the option to unlock CFG was there so i guess i wont need mark those. Before that i was able to boot to your Opencore 0.6.4 but it would freeze once i chose the boot drive or preeboot. Hoping this unlock resolves that.

Back