Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] macOS Big Sur 11 on Z390 Aorus Elite board

Hi Miliuco,

Thanks so much for your response.

What can I say, I'm really sorry! I thought I'd been through those steps more than once... Clearly just me not reading things properly. Works like a charm.

For anyone else stumbling across this post, (please correct me if I'm wrong miliuco) setting boot items to "disabled" is the way to remove them in bios F10g for the z390 aorus elite. At least, that's what worked for me. I disabled literally every uefi boot item then saved and exited, after completing the steps above opencore now shows up as "UEFI OS" in the bois, not "opencore" as it did before.

System seems perfect, even fixed the ethernet issue I was trying to fix in the first place.

Miliuco, you are certainly the man.

Dx

Hi Miliuco,

Thanks so much for your response.

What can I say, I'm really sorry! I thought I'd been through those steps more than once... Clearly just me not reading things properly. Works like a charm.

For anyone else stumbling across this post, (please correct me if I'm wrong miliuco) setting boot items to "disabled" is the way to remove them in bios F10g for the z390 aorus elite. At least, that's what worked for me. I disabled literally every uefi boot item then saved and exited, after completing the steps above opencore now shows up as "UEFI OS" in the bois, not "opencore" as it did before.

System seems perfect, even fixed the ethernet issue I was trying to fix in the first place.

Miliuco, you are certainly the man.

Dx
Sorry for the delay in responding, I had forgotten this.

".. setting boot items to "disabled" is the way to remove them in bios F10g for the z390 aorus elite ..."

Yes that's correct, disabled removes that item from the list.

Hi .
The Mac works very well.
I am ready to buy the video card to fix black screen problems after stand-by.

I wanted to buy an Asus Phoenix Radeon RX550 4GB Graphics Card - PCIe 3.0, GDDR5, DVI HDMI DP.

Do you think I can go easy?

Always thanks for your help.

Hi .
The Mac works very well.
I am ready to buy the video card to fix black screen problems after stand-by.

I wanted to buy an Asus Phoenix Radeon RX550 4GB Graphics Card - PCIe 3.0, GDDR5, DVI HDMI DP.

Do you think I can go easy?

Always thanks for your help.

This must be looked at carefully for the model you are commenting on, RX 550.
There are 2 versions of this chip, one can work on macOS (Polaris chip) and the other not (Lexa chip). Without the device-id you cannot know which of the 2 models it is.
In doubt, it is a graphic NOT recommended for macOS, in the Dortania GPU Buyers Guide it is included among the Unsupported AMD GPUs, in that guide you can read:

Lexa Series
Highest Supported OS: None
While these GPUs may share the same family name as the Polaris GPUs, these cards are drastically different meaning no support in any version of macOS. Similar to Navi and unsupported Nvidia GPUs, you'll need to disable the Lexa GPU due to how the Vesa drivers that unsupported GPUs run off of break sleep and other functions in macOS.
Unsupported Cards:
WX 3100
WX 2100
RX 550X
RX 550
RX 540X
RX 540.

In the Native AMD GPUs section is where you have the valid graphics cards, choose one of those. But it is a very bad time for hackintosh graphics because fuc**** bitcoin mining farms are taking over the market and there are shortages and abnormally high prices.

@miliuco I have similar setup as yours - B360 Aorus (Intel CNVI removed and Fenvi T919 added), i7-9700k, Pulse RX 580 (2 x 4k monitors connected to DP), imac19,1 latest big sur, connectorless intel graphics, usb map kext added, ssdt ec, plug, pmc and sbus added etc. I also tried adding ssdt-disable-cnvw and ssdt-gprw.

Sleep works if i click on sleep manually. Wake using wireless usb keyboard/mouse works if I add acpi-wake-type 01 to usb device prop in opencore plist.

Recently, sleep timer stopped working. Even if I leave the mac on for hours, the display goes black but the computer will stay awake. I have to use two inputs either in keyboard or mouse to wake the display. Below are my settings. Is it a recent big sur update that is causing this? This was working when I clean installed big sur.

System-wide power settings:
Currently in use:
standby 0
Sleep On Power Button 1
womp 0
autorestart 0
hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage
proximitywake 0
powernap 0
networkoversleep 0
disksleep 0
standbydelayhigh 86400
sleep 1 (sleep prevented by AddressBookSourceSync, UserEventAgent, UserEventAgent, UserEventAgent)
hibernatemode 0
ttyskeepawake 0
displaysleep 15
highstandbythreshold 50
standbydelaylow 86400

Sometimes addressbooksourcesync goes away and I see at least 2 usereventagent preventing sleep but not sure what. Activity monitor is not showing anything preventing sleep.

@miliuco I have similar setup as yours - B360 Aorus (Intel CNVI removed and Fenvi T919 added), i7-9700k, Pulse RX 580 (2 x 4k monitors connected to DP), imac19,1 latest big sur, connectorless intel graphics, usb map kext added, ssdt ec, plug, pmc and sbus added etc. I also tried adding ssdt-disable-cnvw and ssdt-gprw.

Sleep works if i click on sleep manually. Wake using wireless usb keyboard/mouse works if I add acpi-wake-type 01 to usb device prop in opencore plist.

Recently, sleep timer stopped working. Even if I leave the mac on for hours, the display goes black but the computer will stay awake. I have to use two inputs either in keyboard or mouse to wake the display. Below are my settings. Is it a recent big sur update that is causing this? This was working when I clean installed big sur.

System-wide power settings:
Currently in use:
standby 0
Sleep On Power Button 1
womp 0
autorestart 0
hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage
proximitywake 0
powernap 0
networkoversleep 0
disksleep 0
standbydelayhigh 86400
sleep 1 (sleep prevented by AddressBookSourceSync, UserEventAgent, UserEventAgent, UserEventAgent)
hibernatemode 0
ttyskeepawake 0
displaysleep 15
highstandbythreshold 50
standbydelaylow 86400

Sometimes addressbooksourcesync goes away and I see at least 2 usereventagent preventing sleep but not sure what. Activity monitor is not showing anything preventing sleep.
From Apple: standbydelayhigh and standbydelaylow specify the delay, in seconds, before writing the hibernation image to disk and powering off memory for Standby.
- standbydelayhigh is used when the remaining battery capacity is high
- standbydelaylow is used when the remaining battery capacity is low.

From howtogeek.com: highstandbythreshold sets the threshold at which at chooses between the two. For example, if highstandbythreshold is set to 50, your Mac will use the high standby time above 50% battery and the low standby time below 50% battery.

Apparently you have pmset as I have except standbydelayhigh 86400, highstandbythreshold 50 and standbydelaylow 86400, these parameters are intended for laptops. 86400 seconds=24 hours. With those settings, macOS might only go to sleep after 24 hours of no activity.

Try putting those delays in a shorter value, for example 20':
sudo pmset -a standbydelaylow 1200
sudo pmset -a standbydelayhigh 1200

If the problem is not fixed, you can try to restore default power management settings with the command:
sudo pmset restoredefaults
and then configure the parameters to your liking but without defining those 3: standbydelayhigh, standbydelaylow and highstandbythreshold.

I use this command to define pmset as I prefer for Big Sur:

sudo pmset displaysleep 20;sudo pmset disksleep 20;sudo pmset sleep 30;sudo pmset womp 0;sudo pmset autorestart 0;sudo pmset hibernatemode 0;sudo pmset powernap 0;sudo pmset tcpkeepalive 0;sudo pmset proximitywake 0;sudo pmset ttyskeepawake 0;defaults write com.apple.loginwindow PowerButtonSleepsSystem -bool yes

@miliuco Thank you for the guide, if you have updated to OpenCore 0.6.8 then please share the EFI folder.

@miliuco Thank you for the guide, if you have updated to OpenCore 0.6.8 then please share the EFI folder.
2 questions.
What SMBIOS are you using? iMacPro1,1?
If you have some code in DeviceProperties for your iGPU, save it to be used with my config.plist.

2 questions.
What SMBIOS are you using? iMacPro1,1?
If you have some code in DeviceProperties for your iGPU, save it to be used with my config.plist.

I am using iMac19,1

I have Vega 56 and disabled iGPU, will backup my config file and update required changes in your config.

I am using iMac19,1

I have Vega 56 and disabled iGPU, will backup my config file and update required changes in your config.
Ok. Wait for a time. I’m not at home.

Back