[GUIDE] Mac OS 10.8 on Sony Vaio SA/SB/SE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish they had one of these for the vaio s SVS

Big thanks for guide!
I recently installed ML on my Vaio SE.
It work and I even successfully update it to 10.8.2
Working:
- graphics (native resolution, acceleration)
- sound (volume may be correctly adjusted by keyboard)
- Bluetooth (hardware switch works! but in sleep wireless led indicator remains active)
- touch-pad with click and 2-finger scrolling (Nice! but precision is not so well as on macbook)

Problems:
- Seem no event(sleep) on screen close)
- Wifi (need to find another adapter)
- Battery info not working (as well as taskbar icon)
- On system start I got incorrect resolution about half of screen with some artefacts.
- I managed that by forcing screen mode in chameleon config.
- Incorrect brightness after wake from sleep. Keyboard shortcuts for brightness dont work.

Over all:
- it feels very light and powerfull (speed and fullhd resolution)
- pray to find a way for fix battery and brightness and wake
- battery drain is hight than on windows but laptop was not hot(slightly warm) and silent

BTW: I got errors while trying compiling supplied DSTD's and ones from GitHub.

there is something wrong in 10.8.2,just like battery/sound don't work.

no update now?! I am looking forward to the new.

Attachments

• AboutMyMac_vaio_VPCSA.png
    AboutMyMac_vaio_VPCSA.png
    36.7 KB · Views: 348
Hi, I have Sony VAIO SE Series laptop. (VPCSE2f1E/S) Everything working perfectly except graphics. I've hybrid graphic card. (ATI HD6630M + Intel HD 3000) I've disabled ATI from BIOS settings and I'm using only Intel HD3000 Graphic Card now. But I'm still having issues with resolution. If I set my resolution to 1920x1080, screen isn't fitting after restart. Exact same issue on here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/281700-intel-hd3000-resolution-reset/

Is there any fix for that?

After installing below fix:
"About my mac" is back with the AppleSMBIOS.kext from http://www.osx86.net/view/2845-sony_...,_dsdt_...html

the audio output becomes unavailable, still the same after re-installing the kext for audio.

Does anyone suffer the same issue ?

Also, iMessage is not usable (can't login in the server) (Chimera 2.0 for the iMessage fix)

Any suggestion ?

Thanks.

Hi all,
I followed this guide and it's working pretty well (I would recommend to install the lnx2Mac Realtek Ethernet kext after every manipulation listed in this thread, as it requires a reboot).
Two things I doubt are :
- is QE/CI really active ? (how can I check?)
- is the Radeon de-activated (as mentionned in changelog 0.5) or still running, but not used. The noise fan lets me think it's still on.
I will check on those things and come back to you !

cheers
oliv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back