Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Mac OS 10.8 on Sony Vaio SA/SB/SE

Status
Not open for further replies.
HD3000, since graphics switching in OSX is handled by a hardware muxer, there is no change of getting it to switch properly. It may be possible to make some complicated switching solution involving swapping out the DSDT and rebooting however. Its something I plan to look into again.

CyberWalrus,
I want to know how you got the graphics card working fully with QE/CI and the max resolution because I am stuck with a small resolution and no QE/CI yet. Did you put any kexts or is it all done using a DSDT patch?

Thanks,
-kourbou

CyberWalrus,
I want to know how you got the graphics card working fully with QE/CI and the max resolution because I am stuck with a small resolution and no QE/CI yet. Did you put any kexts or is it all done using a DSDT patch?

Thanks,
-kourbou
Pretty much all of my work is in the DSDT, with as few patched kexts as possible. Your laptop has very different hardware to ours though (different chipset, different cpu, 2 different gpu's) so there isn't any advice I can really give you that will be relevant, sorry.

Id have thought that part was one of the easier steps
I dont really know how I can expand upon that, I guess after creating your USB with the unibeast installer from another mac/hackintosh, find the DSDT with the name that matches your screen resolution in the pack (In the DSDT folder) and then you have to have that DSDT file in the /Extra folder on the USB you installed unibeast to, named DSDT.aml. The /Extra folder is probably hidden, so you will have to have hidden files visible (google it)

But may I suggest that following this guide/development topic might not be a good idea for you? Just to draw your attention to what I said at the top of the post:
This is not for the inexperienced, or anyone who can’t work though problems by themselves, as you will no doubt encounter them. Please do not do this if this is your first hackintosh.

The primary purpose of this thread and my previous thread for Lion was to provide a place for experienced hackintoshers to work on ironing out the wrinkles in running mac OS on our laptops. I don't intend to walk people though the process, this is a development thread more than a tutorial or a Q and A session.

I don't know why I use the pack,then I can not start the mac.OMG....How can I use the PACK?? could you tell me how to use the files in the pack?

CyberWalrus, the first DSDT edit you did for me seems to be on the right track. (For the 2012 VAIO SVS)

On Lion,
with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, instead of a black screen, now I get a gray screen on my laptop's display. When I plug in a HDMI external monitor, it displays what looks like an "extended desktop" with the galaxy background, but it's missing the dock and the menu bar at the top. The laptop's display then turns black, and unplugging the HMDI cable doesn't bring back the display on the laptop.

On Mountain Lion,
It displays a garbled (corrupted) screen on the laptop's display, plugging an HDMI monitor causes the laptop display to go black, while displaying a gray screen on the HDMI monitor. (GraphicsEnabler=yes, -x) Mountain Lion won't boot up without -x.

CyberWalrus, I've uploaded my DSDT and EDID again (with Stamina, speed mode this time). Would you be able to edit again my DSDT for me? (to add my EDID info to it)

Attachments

• VAIO 2012.zip
    77.4 KB · Views: 198
CyberWalrus, the first DSDT edit you did for me seems to be on the right track. (For the 2012 VAIO SVS)

On Lion,
with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, instead of a black screen, now I get a gray screen on my laptop's display. When I plug in a HDMI external monitor, it displays what looks like an "extended desktop" with the galaxy background, but it's missing the dock and the menu bar at the top. The laptop's display then turns black, and unplugging the HMDI cable doesn't bring back the display on the laptop.

On Mountain Lion,
It displays a garbled (corrupted) screen on the laptop's display, plugging an HDMI monitor causes the laptop display to go black, while displaying a gray screen on the HDMI monitor. (GraphicsEnabler=yes, -x) Mountain Lion won't boot up without -x.

CyberWalrus, I've uploaded my DSDT and EDID again (with Stamina, speed mode this time). Would you be able to edit again my DSDT for me? (to add my EDID info to it)

The EDID is information about the physical panel, so it shouldn't be affected by the gpu used. The corrupted display issue sounds like the kind of thing that happens when you don't have dual link on with a high resolution display, but its enabled in the dsdt...
I dont know what the situation is with intel 4000 gpus, so there might be other issues involved. Ill do a bit of research.

EDIT:

Looks like we need to play with AAPL,ig-platform-id in the DSDT to find an ID that enables the right connectors/VRAM for your card.
http://blog.stuffedcow.net/2012/07/intel-hd4000-qeci-acceleration/ as we can see here, the corruption could be caused by the wrong outputs being available, or the wrong VRAM being used. So to start with, we need the VRAM, which I guess you could find in windows with gpu-z or something. Then we need to try DSDTs injecting all the IDs for that VRAM until we find one that works. *sigh*

Updated the pack to 0.8.1, added the old AppleHDA kexts from 10.7.4, they work perfectly but its not a very nice solution, so I'm working on patching the new AppleHDA.
I've also added a line to the DSDT which seems to get the display brightness restoring after sleep, which is nice (it seems there's some race conditions involved here though, so it sometimes doesn't restore)

EDIT:

And up to 0.8.2 now. Added in the old VoodooBattery + AppleACPIPlatform from 10.6.8 since it seems to work for now. Now ML is fully functional!

Updated the pack to 0.8.1, added the old AppleHDA kexts from 10.7.4, they work perfectly but its not a very nice solution, so I'm working on patching the new AppleHDA.
I've also added a line to the DSDT which seems to get the display brightness restoring after sleep, which is nice (it seems there's some race conditions involved here though, so it sometimes doesn't restore)

EDIT:

And up to 0.8.2 now. Added in the old VoodooBattery + AppleACPIPlatform from 10.6.8 since it seems to work for now. Now ML is fully functional!

Wonderful!!! I have tried! Thanks a lot!! add oil~~~~haha~~

But the fan is so noisy...how can i slow it down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back