Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Mac OS 10.8 on Sony Vaio SA/SB/SE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking to replace the Intel wireless card with Atheros ar5b197 (combo card). But I can't find the instruction to disassembly the vaio SA. Can anyone help to give me a hint ? Thanks a lot.

Hi, there,

I just installed 10.8.3 in a SE. Followed instructions all the way to Post Installation step. But the system won't boot after the post installation, stuck at the message "Still waiting for root device".

I checked the BIOS several time and the IDE controller is set to AHCI mode. Actually I was just running 10.7.4 fine this morning. So it is unlikely the AHCI problem.

ML was installed on a SSD in the DVD bay. Again it was running fine on 10.7.4 even this morning. so

What else could be the cause? Any one ran into this issue before.

Thanks

Ran into another problem on display setting, encountered by aswerth (http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...post499376.html?highlight=graphics#post499376), fully described by http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/281700-intel-hd3000-resolution-reset/. The problem seemed to happen even with real Mac's. I tried the method of repair permissions but it did not work. Right now the display can be adjusted by System Preference, but really annoying. If anyone has a pointer to get around, please share.

Lucky day, found the post http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/63456-mountain-lion-screen-resolution-boot.html

The fix is to add to /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist the following lines:
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>

Hey CyberWalrus,

Hows it going ? hope you remember me form last year.

Since working on the 10.7.x for the Sony SA/SB/ & SE last year, i've built a lot of desktop customacs all running 10.8.3

I'm still running 10.7.4 on my faithful Sony SE and its been bullet proof. I keep thinking about trying your 10.8.x install but
i dont like the idea of running voodoo battery .. etc.

I know the 10.8.x install has evolved since you first posted this new guide at the start of the year but i'd like to hear from yourself.

Is this current ML install as stable as the Lion install ?

As i said I'm very happy with the way the SE runs 10.7.4 but there are a few features of ML that i'd like to have on my laptop such as messages.

Main concerns are :-

Battery life ( i get about 3 hours with the standard SE battery)
Sleep - works perfect at the moment
Power Management - working well at the moment

I see that from the last post even USB3 is working now, can you confirm this ?

Just wanted your opinion 10.7.x v 10.8.x ?

Has it been worth the update or was it more stable running Lion ?

Cheers
Jay

For SA/SB users, because the gesture is unavailable, I removed voodoops2 and put back AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext & ApplePS2Controller.kext to S/L/E, I thought it's better than voodoo:

for touchpad , although it can't be recognised by os, but it works perfect including slight touch and right side scrolling like in Windows.

for keyboard, Alt key is Command and Win key is Option. But with voodoops2 it's opposite, which need to be changed in settings.

SA 10.8.4 can‘t enter the desktop after this applesmbios.kext is installed.

For "about the mac", just open the "System Information", there is another her "about the mac" in the menu\window, or the shortcut "Command+I".

But the information of the memory is still unavailable.

Hey CyberWalrus,i need your help. i do not have LVDS (black),only hdmi or vga.
I followed your guides. help me to enter EDID on DSDT
thank you, look your helpView attachment Archivio.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back