Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Mac OS 10.8 on Sony Vaio SA/SB/SE

Status
Not open for further replies.
The EDID is information about the physical panel, so it shouldn't be affected by the gpu used. The corrupted display issue sounds like the kind of thing that happens when you don't have dual link on with a high resolution display, but its enabled in the dsdt...

Looks like we need to play with AAPL,ig-platform-id in the DSDT to find an ID that enables the right connectors/VRAM for your card.
http://blog.stuffedcow.net/2012/07/intel-hd4000-qeci-acceleration/ as we can see here, the corruption could be caused by the wrong outputs being available, or the wrong VRAM being used. So to start with, we need the VRAM, which I guess you could find in windows with gpu-z or something. Then we need to try DSDTs injecting all the IDs for that VRAM until we find one that works. *sigh*

Windows says 64MB (Cpu-Z/Intel Graphics Control Panel). One the referring page, there are 4 different IDs for 64MB. Is it hard to "DSDT inject those IDs"? Would you inject them for me?

I just want my laptop to display a proper resolution. ML is supposed to support Nvidia Kepler and HD4000 natively, but neither works. I was reading up on how Optimus (graphics switching) works, apparently transfer it's frame buffer to HD4000, so without HD4000 working, neither 640M-LE/HD4000 is working. (actually, ML won't even boot without -x, but Lion boots fine).

On a side note, does anyone here know how to enable "display rotation"/"screen orientation" in windows on their VAIO.

Windows says 64MB (Cpu-Z/Intel Graphics Control Panel). One the referring page, there are 4 different IDs for 64MB. Is it hard to "DSDT inject those IDs"? Would you inject them for me?

I just want my laptop to display a proper resolution. ML is supposed to support Nvidia Kepler and HD4000 natively, but neither works. I was reading up on how Optimus (graphics switching) works, apparently transfer it's frame buffer to HD4000, so without HD4000 working, neither 640M-LE/HD4000 is working. (actually, ML won't even boot without -x, but Lion boots fine).

On a side note, does anyone here know how to enable "display rotation"/"screen orientation" in windows on their VAIO.

Actually, to make things easier, you could try following this http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/61216-10-8-how-enable-hd4000.html which uses EFI device properties injection instead, and then once you find the right id, I can add it to the DSDT

@yuanhaoliang

Yes, the fan is nosier than windows. I wish I could do something about the temperatures, but this is about as good as its going to be. We can access any of sonys thermal control strategy options, so I think its running on the so called "performance" option there all the time. Mac doesn't do anything to control cpu scaling as far as I'm aware, so it will always ramp up the clock speed, while I believe in windows it gets capped.
Its pretty amazing that it works as a mac as well as it does, so I have to say its a minor issue for me.

Actually, to make things easier, you could try following this http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/61216-10-8-how-enable-hd4000.html which uses EFI device properties injection instead, and then once you find the right id, I can add it to the DSDT

I tried adding the different EFI-strings to the org.chameleon.boot.plist, it doesn't seem to change anything. (Still gray screen on Lion, and garbled display on ML)

However, adding
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>
got rid of the garbled screen on ML. (GraphicsEnabler=Yes -x)

Maybe HD4000 just doesn't work on Lion.

But MLion won't boot up without -x, so graphicsacceleration is off. (-v) doesn't show any kernel panics with any kexts, or even the "waiting for root device" message, ML just stalls and doesn't boot.

I tried adding the different EFI-strings to the org.chameleon.boot.plist, it doesn't seem to change anything. (Still gray screen on Lion, and garbled display on ML)

However, adding
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>
got rid of the garbled screen on ML. (GraphicsEnabler=Yes -x)

Maybe HD4000 just doesn't work on Lion.

But MLion won't boot up without -x, so graphicsacceleration is off. (-v) doesn't show any kernel panics with any kexts, or even the "waiting for root device" message, ML just stalls and doesn't boot.

Does ML boot with "UseKernelCache=No" ? if so, you might need to use the IOAHCIFamily kext from my pack, if you haven't installed it already.
And the intel 4000 needs kexts from ML to work with lion, so its probably best to just focus on ML.

@yuanhaoliang

Yes, the fan is nosier than windows. I wish I could do something about the temperatures, but this is about as good as its going to be. We can access any of sonys thermal control strategy options, so I think its running on the so called "performance" option there all the time. Mac doesn't do anything to control cpu scaling as far as I'm aware, so it will always ramp up the clock speed, while I believe in windows it gets capped.
Its pretty amazing that it works as a mac as well as it does, so I have to say its a minor issue for me.

yes.it is amazing!! I have intalled the ML to two more vaio se laptops. Now I can work under the mac os±

but I have a problem. I press the "~", but the output is "±" ,I press the "·",it outputs "§", I really need the "~" key...

I don't know which step I make it failed.

yes.it is amazing!! I have intalled the ML to two more vaio se laptops. Now I can work under the mac os±

but I have a problem. I press the "~", but the output is "±" ,I press the "·",it outputs "§", I really need the "~" key...

I don't know which step I make it failed.

This is just caused by the difference in keyboard layout between windows and mac. I created a layout for British users, which is in my pack, using ukelele http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&id=ukelele . Its a bit tricky to use, but once you've edited your keyboard layout, you can export it as a .bundle file and then place that file in "/Library/Keyboard Layouts", reboot and you will be able to select your new layout in system preferences.

This is just caused by the difference in keyboard layout between windows and mac. I created a layout for British users, which is in my pack, using ukelele http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&id=ukelele . Its a bit tricky to use, but once you've edited your keyboard layout, you can export it as a .bundle file and then place that file in "/Library/Keyboard Layouts", reboot and you will be able to select your new layout in system preferences.

I can't find the new layout in system preferences. There are three options to select which are JIA/ISO/ANSI.

by the way, how to use the “Trackpad.prefPane” file in your pack/Mise? Just place it to /Library/Preferences ?

there is a icc file I thought it is better than yours. You can have a try.

I think there should be a README file to teach us how to use the files.

This is my first time to use the mac os. I am so excited.

Attachments

• Vaio SE 15.5.icc.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 160
I'm install everything. Work. But battery dont visible ((
Why?

Does ML boot with "UseKernelCache=No" ? if so, you might need to use the IOAHCIFamily kext from my pack, if you haven't installed it already.
And the intel 4000 needs kexts from ML to work with lion, so its probably best to just focus on ML.

I agree, ML would be better. I can't get ML to boot though. (I installed both Lion and ML on a different computer using my laptop's hard drive).

UseKernelCache has always been set to "No." I just installed your IOAHCIFamily kext. ML still doesn't work. I think it's the AHCI/SATA settings on my BIOS (as I cannot check/change the AHCI settings on my stock BIOS)

I created a hybrid "/system/library/extensions" folder by copying the kexts from Lion and over-writing the ML kexts, and putting all that kext back to Lion (too see if I could get the extra kext to enable HD4000 on Lion). Now my Lion hangs at boot like ML. When I remove the obvious AHCI kext (IOAHCIFamily and AppleAHCI), it still hangs at exactly the same point, now it says "still waiting for boot device..."

That's how I know that maybe my AHCI settings in the BIOS is preventing it from booting.

*sigh* I think I've gone as far as I can go with my VAIO 2012 and Lion/ML.

Well I guess I could try to port over just the missing HD4000 from ML to Lion.

After I completed install Mac OS X Mountain Lion on my Sony Vaio VPCSB36FG, by using your pack v8.0.2; everything works fine except Battery not shown up and "About This Mac" is not working.

So what should I do next to get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back