Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Lion on Sony Vaio SA/SB/SE (VPCSA/SB/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [GUIDE][DSDT help needed] Lion on Sony Vaio SA/SB (VPCSA/SB)

Prime said:
Hi vaio36
I'm using SB35, this is my EDID infomation you can add it into DTST help me. Thank you very much.
00,FF,FF,FF,FF,FF,FF,00,4D,D9,FA,05,0D,00,00,00,00,0C,01,03,80,1D,10,FF,2F,00,00,A0,57,49,9B,26,
10,48,4F,00,00,00,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,BB,1D,56,C2,50,00,2E,30,1F,41,
4C,00,25,A5,10,00,00,18,65,17,56,9A,50,00,14,30,1F,2D,48,00,25,A5,10,00,00,18,89,13,56,C2,50,00,
21,30,1F,41,4C,00,25,A5,10,00,00,18,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,7C

SB35/SB36 got same edid..you can just use mine..

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    33.1 KB · Views: 124

Can you give me the kext you use. Sorry my bad English.

Prime said:
Can you give me the kext you use. Sorry my bad English.
you could find those kexts from my previous post..

Hello vaio36,
you tried to compile my dsdt, I'm sorry if I request you, but I did not understand the answer

thanks

lidas said:
Hello vaio36,
you tried to compile my dsdt, I'm sorry if I request you, but I did not understand the answer

thanks

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    33.1 KB · Views: 134
  • org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    2 KB · Views: 211
  • SMBIOS.plist
    879 bytes · Views: 272

Hi vaio36,
many thanks, and then tonight I feel I can tell you,
I have to remove some kext or leave everything as it is now?
thanks

CyberWalrus said:
The bios update should work perfectly fine for you. It allows you to change the HDD controller to AHCI mode, which I found was necessary to boot. However, it seems some people already have this on without needing to do anything. So for you, the update is probably optional. However, if you have never updated your bios before, the sony update this is based on adds improved power management and fan control, at the cost of SATA3 functionality. (no one knows why they decided to disable it)

Let me know how it goes!

is it true SATA 3(6gbps) is disabled/have you tried any sata 3 drive? any moded bios to enable it back? gosh, so let go my thought to upgrade corsair force 3 ssd. so sad :(

acik84 said:
CyberWalrus said:
The bios update should work perfectly fine for you. It allows you to change the HDD controller to AHCI mode, which I found was necessary to boot. However, it seems some people already have this on without needing to do anything. So for you, the update is probably optional. However, if you have never updated your bios before, the sony update this is based on adds improved power management and fan control, at the cost of SATA3 functionality. (no one knows why they decided to disable it)

Let me know how it goes!

is it true SATA 3(6gbps) is disabled/have you tried any sata 3 drive? any moded bios to enable it back? gosh, so let go my thought to upgrade corsair force 3 ssd. so sad :(
SATA3 has been disabled in every bios revision so far, other than the one originally shipped on the laptop. I have a corsair force 3 myself, so you can imagine I was more than a little annoyed at the news. It is possible to keep the SATA 3 functionality by remaining at the old bios revision. If you want to download it, it is available here
The downside of the older bios is it probably has some bugs, judging by the change logs of the updates. It will also run slightly louder, as sony tweaked the fan speeds in later revisions.

@vaio36: Well, I'm amazed anything works with appleHDA! If you followed a guide or something, please could you link it? I'm sure it just needs a bit of tweaking to get the rest working :D

Also, as a note to everyone: Please don't bother me or vaio36 with "where are the kexts" and "can you inject my edid" requests, because everything you need now is in the thread. Read it. Thanks

vaio36 said:
lidas said:
Hello vaio36,

thanks

Hi vaio36
I tried the three files I've posted, the apple baits on the laptop but after a while crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back