Contribute
Register

(GUIDE) Lion on Acer Aspire TimelineU M3-581TG-52464G52Mnkk (i5 / HD3000 / nvGT640m)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i read your walkthrough and it is pretty good. I bought this computer before 3 months and Windows 8 is pretty boring. Can you answer me these questions? It ll be rly helpfull for me.
1) If i delete windows 8, can i install them back? Cause i have windows 8 by acer and i want know if when i download clean Windows 8 and install them, if it will be acceptable or how can i install them back?
2) I dont have mac bought. If it will be good on my laptop i ll buy it but i just wanna try before i ll buy mac and i dont have Mac computer. I was thinking that i can install mac on my VMWare and make bootable usb from there, but i dont know if it ll be working. Do you have any experience with it?
3) How to make dual-boot? I mean if you can write me step-by-step how to do it cause i dont have any experience with it.

Please answer, i m new so please have patience and sorry for my bad english.

Hi, i read your walkthrough and it is pretty good. I bought this computer before 3 months and Windows 8 is pretty boring. Can you answer me these questions? It ll be rly helpfull for me.
1) If i delete windows 8, can i install them back? Cause i have windows 8 by acer and i want know if when i download clean Windows 8 and install them, if it will be acceptable or how can i install them back?

If you have restore disks, yes...

2) I dont have mac bought. If it will be good on my laptop i ll buy it but i just wanna try before i ll buy mac and i dont have Mac computer. I was thinking that i can install mac on my VMWare and make bootable usb from there, but i dont know if it ll be working. Do you have any experience with it?

Mavericks is free. You'll need a Mac or borrow one to download it.

3) How to make dual-boot? I mean if you can write me step-by-step how to do it cause i dont have any experience with it.

Dual boot guide is here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html

hey wizardiik,

on my nb there was a tool from acer to create restore dvds for the preinstalled windows7.
Before you try anything, please check how you create them with shipped windows8.

The easiest way for dual-boot is to use the integrated 20GB ssd-drive (it's used as cache partition in windows to speedup the system. Of course this feature is not working anymore when osx is installed to it)
RehabMan already posted a wonderful dual-boot guide :)

And one important thing: If you were able to get some kind of running OS X and you still like to use my guide you have to purchase a "OS X Lion thumb drive". This version is not available for free.

Regards
Withoutaface

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back