Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everybody ! After about 20 tries i've finally installed Lion on my system and i hope this little guide will help others like me :)

MY system:

* Gigabyte GA-Z68M-D2H (f6 firmware is supported and is the latest for this mobo [may 2012])
* Intel i5-2500K
* 2x4GB corsair vengeance DDR3 1600mhz
* 1TB Barracuda sata hard drive
* Sony optiarc ad-7280s
* BroadCom BCM94322MC BCM4322 Mini PCI-E WLAN WIFI Card with a PCI-E adapter (it works out of the box and it's very cheap, giving you wireless a/b/g/n 2,4ghz and 5ghz)
* Belkin bluetooth mini F8T016NG (i've read somewhere that f8t016N doesn't work so be careful when buying)
* bluetooth apple's keyboard and mouse (keyboard works in bios too!)
* slim micro-atx case with 400W su

What you need:

* Unibeast for creating a bootable lion usb stick (you need 8gb+)
* Multibeast for post-installation
* GA-Z68M-D2H dsdt (DSDT-GA-Z68M-D2H-F6.aml)
* another usb drive where placing multibeast and dsdt files for post installation)
* a lot of patience

Before install go to the bios and change:

* AHCI for sata mode
* 64bit mode for hpet
* enable 480mb frame buffer for the intel hd 3000
* set ram freq to 1600mhz using "profile 1"

Installing Lion:

* Boot from the usb drive you have created with multi beast
* Install Lion following every step of the installer (pretty easy, but if your hdd cannot be found go to the disk utility and format/partition it there)
* Once finished the system will reboot itself.
* Lion still can't boot now, so again press F12 and boot from your unibeast's usb BUT select your new Lion partition (don't boot again from USB!)
* Finish to configure lion with the "apple wizard" , but don't reboot/shutdown !
* Once finished it's time to plug in the other usb stick with multibeast and dsdt file.
* copy both multibeast app and dsdt file (DSDT-GA-Z68M-D2H-F6.aml) on desktop
* open multi beast and use settings as shown in the picture above (i know its not from the latest multibeast version but settings are the same)MULTIBEAST CONF LION.png
* now remove both usb sticks and reboot your system. if everything goes right you are now able to boot in Lion without problems
* (do this step if using Lion 10.7.4) : to drastically improve cpu performance open multi beast and check " customization -> boot option -> SSDT -> Core i5 (or i5 oc if you are going to over clock). apply and reboot.

CHECK IF YOU ARE NOW ABLE TO USE AUDIO, HDMI/DVI, ETHERNET, WIFI, APP STORE/ICLOUD LOGIN AND EVERYTHING ELSE.

If yes, congratulations ! you now have a 100% fully working hackintosh !

If not, Here are some common problems:

CANNOT LOGIN/AUTHENTICATE TO APPSTORE / ICLOUD ?

* Usually it's because wifi interface is en0 and ethernet is en1. to fix this, delete Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist , go to system preferences -> Network and remove (click on " - ") every device (not the bluetooth one, just ethernets and wifi). now reboot, go again in network settings and add ethernet for first ( en0 ) and wifi for second (en 1). reboot and this will fix the problem, making you able to login again into appstore / iCloud !

AUDIO DOESN'T WORK ?

* using multibeast (at least 4.5.1 version) check:
+ system utilities -> repair permissions
+ drivers and bootloaders -> kexts & enablers -> audio -> realtek alc8xx -> patched applehda -> alc889

reboot and this will fix the problem !

NOTES:

When i tried to install custom mac mini definitions it gave me kernel panic error at reboot, don't know why but this might be a problem for everyone else

I tried to install from the beginning the patched audio kexts but again, i got kernel panic error, so it seems first you have to install alc8xxhda and only later the patched one.

I really hope this guide will help you to have a fully working hackintosh as mine is :)

Attachments

• MULTIBEAST CONF LION.png
    MULTIBEAST CONF LION.png
    140.3 KB · Views: 1,034
Re: [GUIDE] Lion clean install GA-Z68M-D2H i5-2500K 8GB RAM

now the strange fact.. with geek bench i get only 4423 score (think that a mbp early 2011 scores 6019) ... any suggestion ?

EDIT: Lion 10.7.4 problem solved with multi beast * customization -> boot options -> ssdt -> core i5"
thanks skyleen!

rombobbi?i have the same motherboard with 13-2105,bios version is F5 ,works without panics what you have suffered .
but i think my build is not perfect .
keyboard and mouse dosen't work after sleep
sometime ,there're lines on the screen,especially when watching video .
it may crash ,but not very often..

do you have this problem?

skyleen said:
rombobbi?i have the same motherboard with 13-2105,bios version is F5 ,works without panics what you have suffered .

@skyleen mouse and keyboard work without problems, but here too i see lines when watching videos. i saw some where many users are affected by this and a common solution cannot be found at the moment.. :/ btw my cpu performance are quite poor if compared to an original mac.. :/

rombobbi said:
skyleen said:

@skyleen mouse and keyboard work without problems, but here too i see lines when watching videos. i saw some where many users are affected by this and a common solution cannot be found at the moment.. :/ btw my cpu performance are quite poor if compared to an original mac.. :/

your system is 10.7.4?there‘re some problem with 2500K?try to use Multibeast 4.5.1?and select Customization -> Boot Options -> SSDT
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2012/05/ ... ridge.html

skyleen said:
rombobbi said:
skyleen said:

your system is 10.7.4?there‘re some problem with 2500K?try to use Multibeast 4.5.1?and select Customization -> Boot Options -> SSDT
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2012/05/ ... ridge.html

i did miss this little step, and performances had gone better now !! thank you :)) i will edit the post

AUDIO DOESN'T WORK ?

* using multibeast (at least 4.5.1 version) check:
+ system utilities -> repair permissions
+ drivers and bootloaders -> kexts & enablers -> audio -> realtek alc8xx -> patched applehda -> alc889

reboot and this will fix the problem !

thanks,this fix my problem

I've been getting random freezes with nothing in the system log... This didn't happen before I updated to the F6 bios. Hmm.... or maybe my bios settings were changed somehow.

Hey, do anybody know which are the differences when choosing in multibeast if using Mountain Lion instead of Lion? I couldn't find any post about it :crazy: Should the same just work? I'm having serious trouble finding the right ones alone :banghead:

?would this be same with GA-Z77-D3SH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back