Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Z50-70/Z40-70/G50-70/G40-70 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a litte OffTopic but maybe someone has a tipp for me:

My Lenovo hackintosh worked great, except for the WiFi.
The day before yesterday I got a Broadcom adapter from China.
I hacked the BIOS with some external help to remove the whitelist.
Worked fine with the Windows hard disk, only the MacOS didn't work, probably because the wrong graphics card was active.
Unfortunately I managed to change the BIOS a little bit in the now much more extensive BIOS, so that the screen doesn't show me anything anymore. Not even the Lenovo logo is displayed when you start your PC.

Does anyone have an idea how to reset the BIOS back to default values?

Try CMOS reset (remove CMOS battery).

Not so easy.
It's a Notebook and the batteriy is soldered

This is a litte OffTopic but maybe someone has a tipp for me:

My Lenovo hackintosh worked great, except for the WiFi.
The day before yesterday I got a Broadcom adapter from China.
I hacked the BIOS with some external help to remove the whitelist.
Worked fine with the Windows hard disk, only the MacOS didn't work, probably because the wrong graphics card was active.
Unfortunately I managed to change the BIOS a little bit in the now much more extensive BIOS, so that the screen doesn't show me anything anymore. Not even the Lenovo logo is displayed when you start your PC.

Does anyone have an idea how to reset the BIOS back to default values?
Same thing happened to me once, it's a situation that's not easy to recover from, not even a CMOS reset will help, I even removed the soldered battery and the BIOS wasn't reset to default settings, so I had to replace the whole motherboard.

Tried it, but it dit not help. :cry:

@the-braveknight: Is the mainboard the same with the different CPUs and can I change the CPU?
Mainboards with I3 or Celeron are cheaper.

The idea was to buy a board with a cheaper CPU und take the CPU from the existing board.
But now I found someone who will help me to flash the bios with an externel adapter.
I will tell you, if this works

The idea was to buy a board with a cheaper CPU und take the CPU from the existing board.
But now I found someone who will help me to flash the bios with an externel adapter.
I will tell you, if this works
Good luck.

It worked, I reflashed the bios offline and the PC works again.

But clover does not start as configured:
2017-11-27 21.38.30.jpg

In config.plist the BGM-Theme is selected and shoud not be shown because of the fastboot-option.
My BIOS now shows much more options and I'm affraid of changing o wrong option again.
Any Idea what could be wrong?

I will send the problem report files in another Posting from the hackintosh-PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back