Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Z50-70/Z40-70 using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After installing the latest sierra updates single click and scrolling gestures stopped working however other gestures are still working like 3-finger pressing and 4-finger pressing.
How to fix this ?

The advantage is that you don't need to re-extract/re-patch when changes are made to BIOS/hardware.
And people with same/similar model can share a hotpatch setup.

hi rehabman,

another question about hotpatching. i understand that with braveknight's method, it uses hotpataching and it is better. i was following another guide for a different laptop

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-dell-xps-9530-clover-uefi-hotpatch.235558/

the guide from darkvoid also says it's hotpatch, but the instructions were to just copy the clover folder from his repository to the clover folder in the efi partition. as compared to braveknight's guide, it uses the terminal to download and install. i also found another guide using a deploy.sh command. what's the difference? or does the deploy.sh terminal command just downloads and copies the clover folder to the efi partition?

thanks

hi rehabman,

another question about hotpatching. i understand that with braveknight's method, it uses hotpataching and it is better. i was following another guide for a different laptop

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-dell-xps-9530-clover-uefi-hotpatch.235558/

the guide from darkvoid also says it's hotpatch, but the instructions were to just copy the clover folder from his repository to the clover folder in the efi partition. as compared to braveknight's guide, it uses the terminal to download and install. i also found another guide using a deploy.sh command. what's the difference? or does the deploy.sh terminal command just downloads and copies the clover folder to the efi partition?

thanks

Does not matter how the EFI/Clover setup is built, only the final result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back