Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Z50-70/Z40-70 using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had already done that after reading your earlier post. I noticed the kextcache output complains about the xxxSensors kexts. I copied your latest FakeSMC kexts to the Clover/kext/other folder in the EFI. should I have installed them with kextwizard?

This guide does not install the FakeSMC sensor kexts (they are inefficient).

But you can install them manually... they are in the downloads subfolder (after running downloads.sh) in your z50.giit project.
Your previous kextcache output shows you installed a different set of FakeSMC sensors...
Code:
LPCSensors.kext - no compatible dependency found for org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC.
GPUSensors.kext - no compatible dependency found for org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC.
CPUSensors.kext - no compatible dependency found for org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC.
ACPISensors.kext - no compatible dependency found for org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC.

Because in my version of FakeSMC, they have different names... FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext, FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext, FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext, FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext.

The sensor kexts are not "essential" therefore should not be in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other. If you want them, you should install them to /L/E with a kext installer (or Terminal).

I don't know why people would use kexts from any external source... This guide really does all the work needed to run macOS properly.
My advice to people who messed up their systems playing around with 3rd-party kexts is to clean-install Sierra and follow the guide as written, again.

I don't know why people would use kexts from any external source... This guide really does all the work needed to run macOS properly.
My advice to people who messed up their systems playing around with 3rd-party kexts is to clean-install Sierra and follow the guide as written, again.
I didn't use any kexts knowingly. I really have no idea where they came from and how they got into a clean install using 10.12.5. I did use the migration tool from an El Capitan backup to get the user files and applications installed. I didn't select the system files during the migration so I didn't expect any system files to be copied from the El Capitan backup disk.

I didn't use any kexts knowingly. I really have no idea where they came from and how they got into a clean install using 10.12.5. I did use the migration tool from an El Capitan backup to get the user files and applications installed. I didn't select the system files during the migration so I didn't expect any system files to be copied from the El Capitan backup disk.

You can't trust the migration thing. Don't use it unless you plan to clean up after it...

You can't trust the migration thing. Don't use it unless you plan to clean up after it...
Rehabman, thanks for all your help. Cleaned up the kexts and reran kextcache which built the kernel without errors. Rebooted and all the function keys work. Thanks again!

We should start working on porting the guide to macOS High Sierra! Its seriously high time! :D

We should start working on porting the guide to macOS High Sierra! Its seriously high time! :D
I'll be looking into that soon when I have time and when the public beta is out. Not a priority to me now since High Sierra does not bring any new interesting features...

Can I install the WiFi Card which you mentioned in the guide a bit later? I have two hard drives. One for Windows. One for MacOS.

I'll be looking into that soon when I have time and when the public beta is out. Not a priority to me now since High Sierra does not bring any new interesting features...

I am trying to install macOS Sierra on my Z50-70 laptop. I have two storage drives in my laptop. One is 1 TB hard drive and the other one is 256 GB SSD. I am trying to boot into the installer of macOS Sierra. It just shows apple logo for a second and restarts and boot into Windows.

I am trying to install macOS Sierra on my Z50-70 laptop. I have two storage drives in my laptop. One is 1 TB hard drive and the other one is 256 GB SSD. I am trying to boot into the installer of macOS Sierra. It just shows apple logo for a second and restarts and boot into Windows.
Post EFI/Clover folder, also make sure you've prepared your installed USB according to RehabMan's guide linked in post #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back