Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Z50-70/Z40-70 using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, I had assumed that since there was the line:
"If you wish, you can reboot to verify a few more items are working (many only partially)."

That I could reboot around that time. I went ahead and just finished off up to the "10.12 Notes" and then rebooted to test that all was working properly up to that point... Apparently I needed to keep on going and that line about rebooting perhaps should be removed so as to not give the wrong impression there. I'll keep on going into those notes and hopefully this will now resolve. Will edit this post once I do so.

Problem is your config.plist is not either of the two plists used during the course of this guide.
There is one used during installation and very early during post-install (after installing Clover).
And the "final" one used after all post-install steps.
You're using the one that the Clover installer gives you, which is never used in this guide...

[Probem report on Z40-70, on Sierra 10.12.4]

Notebook spec:
Z40 - 70, 1080fhd version with ELAN trackpad

Installation :
I fresh install with Unibeast 7.1.0 and latest Sierra from appstore 10.12.4

Problem:
1. Brightness shorcut not work, fn+ f11/ f12 or shift+ f2/f3 like on elcapitan.
2. Launcpad gasture shorcut not work --> three finger swipe to top, like on elcapitan.
[Hide - unhide dock] Work --> swipe for finger to right,
[Mission control]work, --> tap four finger,
[Minimize windows] work, --> swipe to down 4 finger etc... except Launcpad gasture.
3. If I change button Control key to Command, swipe gasture not like usual on elcapitan at all.

minor problem:
if hdd name is macOSSierra --> this command 'sudo ./mount_efi.sh /' can't mount EFI, hdd name must be change to work.

report problem file, attach.
thanks in advance... :)

Attachments

• hackintosh indra problem report 30 april 2017.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:
i have the same problem with the brihtness, it's set to the minimun and i can see anyhing

here is the file

Attachments

• Archivo comprimido.zip
    6.8 MB · Views: 83
1. Brightness shorcut not work, fn+ f11/ f12 or shift+ f2/f3 like on elcapitan.
This guide is now using AppleBacklightInjector.kext for the brightness instead of IntelBacklight.kext, you have neither one installed. run "./install_downloads.sh elan" command again.

2. Launcpad gasture shorcut not work --> three finger swipe to top, like on elcapitan.
[Hide - unhide dock] Work --> swipe for finger to right,
[Mission control]work, --> tap four finger,
[Minimize windows] work, --> swipe to down 4 finger etc... except Launcpad gasture.
3. If I change button Control key to Command, swipe gasture not like usual on elcapitan at all.
You can customize the shortcuts to your liking in SysPrefs>Keyboard/Shortcuts. Note that in Sierra, some of the shortcuts that were available in El Capitan must be manually configured.

minor problem:
if hdd name is macOSSierra --> this command 'sudo ./mount_efi.sh /' can't mount EFI, hdd name must be change to work.
I just tried renaming my macOS partition to "macOSSierra" and I could successfully mount my EFI partition.

here is the file
Your CLOVER/ACPI/patched files are not up to date. You should update the repo and run the guide scripts again.

1. Thanks... for replay @the-braveknight my brightness working again with SHIFT + F2/F3 not FN, but its ok.:lol::) [Solved]

2. Launcpad gasture not work --> three finger swipe up. [still not work]
3. If change Command key as Control, all gasture swipe configuration error.
like if i tap 4 finger its usually show 'mission control', but its 'perform backward'

Thanks... in advance

Screen Shot 2017-05-01 at 18.58.48.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-01 at 18.54.34.png
Capture from OSX latitude.

1. Thanks... for replay @the-braveknight my brightness working again with SHIFT + F2/F3 not FN, but its ok.:lol::) [Solved]
Your FN keys should work if you follow the guide correctly.

2. Launcpad gasture not work --> three finger swipe up. [still not work]
3. If change Command key as Control, all gasture swipe configuration error.
like if i tap 4 finger its usually show 'mission control', but its 'perform backward'

Thanks... in advance

View attachment 251881

View attachment 251880
Capture from OSX latitude.
I don't really use these shortcuts, and I don't know how the ELAN kext author has coded them (the source code is not available) so any issues regarding the ELAN kext can only be solved by the ELAN kext author himself. We can't do much about it here without the source code...

@RehabMan/OP

I need your help guys very bad, i did a fresh installation for EI Capitan 10.11.6, also i followed the steps one by one.

Every thing is working including the audio, however somehow my brightness is not working ....i recently installed 10.12.4 and came to know that update has broke the brightness function. Hence i made my mind to do a fresh install for EL Capitan.

But still my brightness is not working.

below are all the required files attached

Please help me out with the same

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    41.2 KB · Views: 77
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 79
  • IOReg.ioreg
    3 MB · Views: 81
  • Command Output.pdf
    22.9 KB · Views: 112
@RehabMan/OP
I need your help guys very bad, i did a fresh installation for EI Capitan 10.11.6, also i followed the steps one by one.

The guide now uses AppleBacklight.kext for Sierra and El Capitan and the brightness should work on both OSes just fine.

Every thing is working including the audio, however somehow my brightness is not working ....i recently installed 10.12.4 and came to know that update has broke the brightness function. Hence i made my mind to do a fresh install for EL Capitan.
10.12.4 broke IntelBacklight.kext, however enabling brightness is still possible using AppleBacklight kext injector, and that's what the guide now installs.

But still my brightness is not working.

below are all the required files attached

Please help me out with the same
Everything looks fine, try booting without caches, rebuild cache, then reboot normally.
Also, post your AppleBacklightInjector.kext.
Also, switch your SMBIOS to MacBookAir6,2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back