Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Z50-70/Z40-70 using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your profile does not indicate any laptop hardware details, so really no idea which laptop you have...
But I think the-braveknight is using a BCM943602BAED in a Z50.
That is correct. I am currently using a BCM943602BAED in my Z50-70, it fits well but it might require some work, this card has 3 antennas and my laptop only has 2 antenna connectors so I'm only using 2 antennas, but thats not a problem I guess, I'm getting up to 800Mbps and that's more than enough for me.

That is correct. I am currently using a BCM943602BAED in my Z50-70, it fits well but it might require some work, this card has 3 antennas and my laptop only has 2 antenna connectors so I'm only using 2 antennas, but thats not a problem I guess, I'm getting up to 800Mbps and that's more than enough for me.
Hi the-braveknight. As you can see from the attached photos the opening in the chassis of my z50 is 24.00mm wide the width of the BCM943602BAED is 26.00mm wide which exceeds the chassis opening by 2.00mm. Without modifying the chassis (which I am not willing to do) there is no way to install the BCM943602BAED card in my z50-70. I'll just stick with the 352Z which is designed for the Lenovo slot and work around any issues. Thanks for your input

IMG_1448.jpg IMG_1449.jpg IMG_1450.jpg

Hi the-braveknight. As you can see from the attached photos the opening in the chassis of my z50 is 24.00mm wide the width of the BCM943602BAED is 26.00mm wide which exceeds the chassis opening by 2.00mm. Without modifying the chassis (which I am not willing to do) there is no way to install the BCM943602BAED card in my z50-70. I'll just stick with the 352Z which is designed for the Lenovo slot and work around any issues. Thanks for your input

View attachment 243936 View attachment 243937 View attachment 243938
Yeah it is 2mm bigger, but you can still make it fit, I did it easily.

There is a small space between the chassis and the board, you can try to insert in that space then pull it to its place gently, its not that hard...

Last edited:
vineethp - were you able to install this card in a Lenovo Z50-70? I found this same card on eBay and it won't fit my laptop. The card is too wide.

I didn't purchase the card!

I stopped using Hackintosh long back. Now I am enjoying Windows 10. Waiting for the Windows 10 creator's update! The battery life in Windows 10 is much better than MacOS. The laptop has inbuilt Nvidia GT 840M 4GB graphics which will go waste in case you install Hackintosh. It is never used!

The laptop has Samsung SSD Pro 256 GB which boots Windows 10 faster than MacOS!

If you want the ultimate hackintosh experience buy a mac or mac mini (cheapest way to get start working on Mac).

Just my few cents :D

Hi @RehabMan, is it possible to roll back the update on the brightness control kext? I refreshed the local git cache today and ran the install commands (as given in Post #1) and now I have no brightness control. If nothing, maybe an older version of the kext from a Lenovo Z50-70 might work...?

Hi @RehabMan, is it possible to roll back the update on the brightness control kext? I refreshed the local git cache today and ran the install commands (as given in Post #1) and now I have no brightness control. If nothing, maybe an older version of the kext from a Lenovo Z50-70 might work...?
Updates for using the new method (AppleBacklight.kext injector) are already checked to the git repo. Brightness control should work if you run the install_downloads.sh script.

Brightness control should work if you run the install_downloads.sh script.

And in case it isn't obvious...

Also update config.plist.
Also update ACPI files in ACPI/patched...

The reason: The new backlight solution involves changes to ACPI, config.plist, and the kexts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back