Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Z50-70/Z40-70 using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to say a massive thank you to RehabMan and the-braveknight...I'm currently running Sierra on my Z50-70 and it all seems to be running great so far. I followed the guide for El Capitan and it seems to have worked (I used a virtual drive solution on Window 10 to prepare the USB and could only download Sierra from the App Store).

Although not recommended, I'm using a DWA-131 (revision E - it was £10ish from Amazon) for wifi and a USB Card Reader I bought from the £1 shop. Both working fine so far - of course I'd rather have a native solution but not always possible and as a temporary solution it's good enough.

I followed the instructions in the guide to the letter and more importantly, made sure I read everything twice - there were a couple of times I missed something on the first read through so that second read was crucial. I also did some reading around the parts I didn't really understand (such as creating a unique serial in clover configurator and then editing with Xcode). Aside from the actual installation (copying of files to hard disk etc) the whole process really didn't take long...I did the whole thing in about 4/5 hours. As someone who previously attempted getting a workable Acer 6930g mackintosh solution, this is greatly appreciated!

Thanks once again :)

Just wanted to say a massive thank you to RehabMan and the-braveknight...I'm currently running Sierra on my Z50-70 and it all seems to be running great so far. I followed the guide for El Capitan and it seems to have worked (I used a virtual drive solution on Window 10 to prepare the USB and could only download Sierra from the App Store).

Although not recommended, I'm using a DWA-131 (revision E - it was £10ish from Amazon) for wifi and a USB Card Reader I bought from the £1 shop. Both working fine so far - of course I'd rather have a native solution but not always possible and as a temporary solution it's good enough.

I followed the instructions in the guide to the letter and more importantly, made sure I read everything twice - there were a couple of times I missed something on the first read through so that second read was crucial. I also did some reading around the parts I didn't really understand (such as creating a unique serial in clover configurator and then editing with Xcode). Aside from the actual installation (copying of files to hard disk etc) the whole process really didn't take long...I did the whole thing in about 4/5 hours. As someone who previously attempted getting a workable Acer 6930g mackintosh solution, this is greatly appreciated!

Thanks once again :)
You're welcome.
If you have any problem, read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

hello, I want to know if I can install the version of 2k.3974 cloverbootloader without messes face with boot disk

@the brave-knight

I have the same laptop as yours.

This is Realtek 8723BE. Is it A&E key? It has only two connectors (Main & Aux).

Realtek-RTL8723BE-1x1BN-BT4-0-PCIE-M-2-font-b-WiFi-b-font-font-b-Card.jpg

This is BCM943602BAED. It has three connectors J0,J1,J2. How did you connect them in your laptop?
$_1.JPG

@the brave-knight

I have the same laptop as yours.

This is Realtek 8723BE. Is it A&E key? It has only two connectors (Main & Aux).

Realtek-RTL8723BE-1x1BN-BT4-0-PCIE-M-2-font-b-WiFi-b-font-font-b-Card.jpg

This is BCM943602BAED. It has three connectors J0,J1,J2. How did you connect them in your laptop?
$_1.JPG
You will have to install a new antenna to use the third connector, it is ok to only use J0 and J1 like I'm doing though...

You will have to install a new antenna to use the third connector, it is ok to only use J0 and J1 like I'm doing though...

Any performance decrease in WiFi because it is lacking a third antenna?

Any performance decrease in WiFi because it is lacking a third antenna?
Not at all, it is running at my router's full speed (866Mbps). Although the card's speed is supposed to be 1300Mbps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back