Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Z50-70/Z40-70 using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as you're sure all are 64mb... (how are you checking this... you're getting everyone to do an IFR dump from BIOS?).
Three friends of mine have Z50-70 laptops and they all have installed macOS as well as supported Wi-Fi chips, and to do that of course they had to patch their BIOS, and then it was easy to check the default DVMT from the patched BIOS GUI.

And it could be that 0xa2e0008 can cause other problems (there are more differences than just the DMVT setting).
I have never had any problems with it though, and neither have my friends. Can you please provide more info on how ig-platform-ids are different?

Three friends of mine have Z50-70 laptops and they all have installed macOS as well as supported Wi-Fi chips, and to do that of course they had to patch their BIOS, and then it was easy to check the default DVMT from the patched BIOS GUI.

So you're checking from patched BIOS settings...

I have never had any problems with it though, and neither have my friends. Can you please provide more info on how ig-platform-ids are different?

You can compare the bits yourself. For many of them, we do not know the purpose...

So you're checking from patched BIOS settings...
Yeah.
You can compare the bits yourself. For many of them, we do not know the purpose...
I'll see to that when I have time.

I'm pretty sure that guy's problem isn't with the ig-platform-id, I'll try to check his problem reporting files and see if I can figure out what's wrong soon (I'm having exams these days so I'm not having much time...).

I'm pretty sure that guy's problem isn't with the ig-platform-id, I'll try to check his problem reporting files and see if I can figure out what's wrong soon (I'm having exams these days so I'm not having much time...).

Yeah... I didn't see anything obvious, but the atypical ig-platform-id stood out.
For all we know he made some other mistake along the way that is not obvious...

Finished all the steps in OP, but WiFi doesn't appear when I reboot. Also, I can't boot without the installer USB. There is no clover bootloader even though I installed clover onto my HD (also there is a EFI drive with the clover files) Any idea whats up? I am on 10.12.4 btw

Last edited:
Finished all the steps in OP, but WiFi doesn't appear when I reboot. Also, I can't boot without the installer USB. There is no clover bootloader even though I installed clover onto my HD (also there is a EFI drive with the clover files) Any idea whats up? I am on 10.12.4 btw
Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

I find bcm94352z fru 04x6020 wifi card. Is this product compatible with the system? Do I need Whitelist moded?
Im sorry bad English.
X0Nk53.png

I find bcm94352z fru 04x6020 wifi card. Is this product compatible with the system? Do I need Whitelist moded?
Im sorry bad English.
X0Nk53.png
Yes, this card is compatible. But it's probably not the best to pick, this guide recommends DW1830 (BCM943602BAED).

In both cases, a BIOS whitelist patch is required.

Yes, this card is compatible. But it's probably not the best to pick, this guide recommends DW1830 (BCM943602BAED).

In both cases, a BIOS whitelist patch is required.

i have macos sierra on my lenovo z50-70 but i recently bought a Broadcom BCM943602BAED but i can go with that because of the whitelist, how can i remove it?

i have macos sierra on my lenovo z50-70 but i recently bought a Broadcom BCM943602BAED but i can go with that because of the whitelist, how can i remove it?
Information regarding the BIOS patching is mentioned in post #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back