Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Z50-70/Z40-70 using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is combo headphone/mic jack still not working ?

Read post #1. Clone into the repo and run "./update_config.sh" script from Terminal app.
Thanks the-braveknight. It took a while to get up to speed on GitHub Desktop (never used it before). Updated the config.plist which fixed the wifi issue, however, it broke a couple of things.

1) battery does not detect when ac is plugged in and reports 0% battery
2) graphics flashing when in web browser and when using pop up folder display from the toolbar

Are there updates to the kexts to fix these issues? Thanks again for your assistance.

Thanks the-braveknight. It took a while to get up to speed on GitHub Desktop (never used it before). Updated the config.plist which fixed the wifi issue, however, it broke a couple of things.

1) battery does not detect when ac is plugged in and reports 0% battery
2) graphics flashing when in web browser and when using pop up folder display from the toolbar

Are there updates to the kexts to fix these issues? Thanks again for your assistance.
Make sure you're using updated ACPI patches too.

Code:
make clean
make
make install

Make sure you're using updated ACPI patches too.

Code:
make clean
make
make install
OK, a little more detail would certainly be helpful. Where might I find the updated ACPI patches? I'm assuming the "makes" are supposed to be in a folder with a makefile, but, perusing both your repo and RehabMan's repo didn't yield any updated ACPI patch code to make.

OK, a little more detail would certainly be helpful. Where might I find the updated ACPI patches? I'm assuming the "makes" are supposed to be in a folder with a makefile, but, perusing both your repo and RehabMan's repo didn't yield any updated ACPI patch code to make.
Read post #1, "Updates to the patch repositories".

Hi, i have a Lenovo Thinkpad E440 with audio CX20751/2 like the audio used in this post, i wonder if i could use the kext provided in this post?? and how?? or if you can guide me to patch my audio. Regards

Hi, i have a Lenovo Thinkpad E440 with audio CX20751/2 like the audio used in this post, i wonder if i could use the kext provided in this post?? and how?? or if you can guide me to patch my audio. Regards
It should work, you can try it... you will have to patch your DSDT with layout-id=3, and have the binary patch in your Clover config.plist.

It should work, you can try it... you will have to patch your DSDT with layout-id=3, and have the binary patch in your Clover config.plist.

hi, thanks for the quick response, im new in this, so if you can privide me a list of steps (guide) of what i have to do will be a great help, Regards

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back