Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Z50-70/Z40-70 using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who/which post are you replying to? Please use quoted replies.
sorry
first post
this >>>>>>

Installation of the tools and patching is easy provided the scripts and tools at the repository: http://github.com/the-braveknight/Lenovo-Z50-DSDT-Patch

To start, the developer tools must be installed. Run Terminal, and type:
Code:
git

You will be prompted to install the developer tools. Since you have internet working, you can choose to have it download and install them automatically. Do that before continuing.

After the developer tools are installed, we need to make a copy of the project on github.

In Terminal:
Code:
mkdir ~/Projects
cd ~/Projects
git clone http://github.com/the-braveknight/Lenovo-Z50-DSDT-Patch Z50.git
Now it is time to install some more tools and all the kexts that are required...

In Terminal:
Code:
cd ~/Projects/Z50.git
./download.sh
./install_downloads.sh

The download.sh script will automatically gather the latest version RehabMan's tools (patchmatic, iasl, MaciASL) and all the kexts from bitbucket. The install_downloads.sh will automatically install them with the AppleHDA_CX20751.kext and Elan touchpad kext to the proper locations.

To finish the setup, we need a correctly patched DSDT/SSDT, I provided a file named SSDT-HACK.dsl (will be compiled into .aml) that already includes all the DSDT/SSDT patches required for the Z50 (according to RehabMan's guide) and injects them into the ACPI tables without having to patch the native DSDT/SSDTs.
To do that, in Terminal:
Code:
cd ~/Projects/Z50.git
make
make install
The 'make' causes the patched files to be compiled (with iasl), the results placed in ./build.

Finally, 'make install', mounts the EFI partition, and copies the built files (SSDT-HACK.aml) where they can be loaded by Clover (to EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched).

sorry
No I mean
This No need to do that for install ??
in post #39

All steps in post #1 are required for install/post install. Install and post-install are clearly defined.

You're reporting problems with the input system. Bluetooth is part of the input system.

Best to have proper hardware installed.

Everything is solved, and the problem was the last BIOS update I have installed.

I reverted back to version 26 from 91 and all went smoothly, just felt like I need to report back in case of the same problem occurred with someone else. Thanks for your efforts :)

Everything is solved, and the problem was the last BIOS update I have installed.

I reverted back to version 26 from 91 and all went smoothly, just felt like I need to report back in case of the same problem occurred with someone else. Thanks for your efforts :)

Just to see if it is an ACPI/patching problem...

Post native ACPI files (Clover F4 extract) from both versions of BIOS.

Just to see if it is an ACPI/patching problem...

Post native ACPI files (Clover F4 extract) from both versions of BIOS.

I had the same problem before I used this guide, So I don't think it is an ACPI/patching problem.

I had the same problem before I used this guide, So I don't think it is an ACPI/patching problem.

Without the ability to compare the two sets of ACPI files, no possibility to know...

Without the ability to compare the two sets of ACPI files, no possibility to know...

I will try to test that as soon as possible :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back