Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Z50-70/Z40-70/G50-70/G40-70 using Clover UEFI

maybe because of that then because I'm using dual boot on the same SSD Win/mac

for me sleep/wake working without shorten RTC patch , but when I used ready SSDT-BATT.aml which is specific made for my model the battery didn't work , maybe because I need to use BraveKnight patches names instead of yours because I changed the SSDT but I didn't change the patches , but for now battery is working with your patch and with your SSDT so no need to change it i guess :)

same thing happened when I used PS2K made by BraveKnight then brightness keys didn't work but when I use yours keys working fine ,, thank you for that :)

only Lid sleep/wake left to tix and also HDMI sound is coming from laptop which is annoying I hope we can find a fix for that .

also I noticed when I boot from OC to windows I believe it affects ACPIs on windows also because Driver Booster in windows showing 1 error in ACPI and Device Manager showing 1 unknown device , and this doesn't happen when I choose to boot from windows boot manager in BIOS so if you have any idea about it it willalso be much appreciated .

also I noticed there is a problem with Bluetooth , it's pairing normally with the Mac but whenever I try to send a file or a picture through bluetooth to the laptop it's showing sending unsuccessful directly , I didn't try airdrop yet though

last thing I wanna ask is that does your Safari showing 4k video support when you play youtube video ? because before I format I could play 4k video on Safari and on FireFox also I mean choosing the quality was available but now quality shows only in FireFox but Safari showing maximum of 1080
Shorten RTC is required on my side for sllep/wake to work properly.
I never use Safari so I don't know if it can play 4k videos, also my screen is fullHD why should I choose 4k quality?

Shorten RTC is required on my side for sllep/wake to work properly.
I never use Safari so I don't know if it can play 4k videos, also my screen is fullHD why should I choose 4k quality?

Ahh so you mean without it your system was restarting after you wake up or it doesn't go to sleep at all ?

regarding 4K I mean in case you connect it to external monitor to enjoy extra resolution.

Just one more thing I need to verify with you , what we're using now like those SSDTs and patches they're mainly working on changing those value on the firmware or main DSDT right ??

so my question is that if I have a fully patched DSDT for all those renames like battery , Lid , sleep , gpu etc.. can I just rename it as for example SSDT-PATCHED.aml and use it in ACPI and remove the rest SSDTs with all patches since this DSDT has it all ? will it work this way ? or it will somehow conflict with whatevergree.kext and Lilu.kext since they're also responsible for some renames ?

Ahh so you mean without it your system was restarting after you wake up or it doesn't go to sleep at all ?
reboot instead of wake.
so my question is that if I have a fully patched DSDT for all those renames like battery , Lid , sleep , gpu etc.. can I just rename it as for example SSDT-PATCHED.aml and use it in ACPI and remove the rest SSDTs with all patches since this DSDT has it all ? will it work this way ?
I guess no. It's what you used with Clover? Probably you can use it to make your SSDTs
regarding 4K I mean in case you connect it to external monitor to enjoy extra resolution.
I'll give it a try should I connect an external monitor

reboot instead of wake.

I guess no. It's what you used with Clover? Probably you can use it to make your SSDTs

I'll give it a try should I connect an external monitor

Ohh ok I got it , actually I tried but it didn't work stuck on middle loading of apple logo

I like your idea of making my SSDTs out of my patched DSDT but it's weird that I opened for 2 macIAsl windows , 1 is my main unpatched DSDT and second is one of your SSDTs , even I tried to open the one Bhedge was using just to compare the names but I see mostly it's different for example in SSDT-PLUG :

scope ( (\_PR.CPU0)

Method (_DSM)

while in my main DSDT :

scope (_PR)

Method (_DEP)

Processor (CPU0, 0x01, 0x00001810, 0x06)

does that mean PLUG won't rename of work properly ??

BTW can I send you a fresh extracted DSDT and if you can just compare it with your SSDTs and tell me if I'm using right names or it needs to be changed , I'm sorry to bother you but I just wanna get the idea so I can do the rest

Ohh ok I got it , actually I tried but it didn't work stuck on middle loading of apple logo

I like your idea of making my SSDTs out of my patched DSDT but it's weird that I opened for 2 macIAsl windows , 1 is my main unpatched DSDT and second is one of your SSDTs , even I tried to open the one Bhedge was using just to compare the names but I see mostly it's different for example in SSDT-PLUG :

scope ( (\_PR.CPU0)

Method (_DSM)

while in my main DSDT :

scope (_PR)

Method (_DEP)

Processor (CPU0, 0x01, 0x00001810, 0x06)

does that mean PLUG won't rename of work properly ??

BTW can I send you a fresh extracted DSDT and if you can just compare it with your SSDTs and tell me if I'm using right names or it needs to be changed , I'm sorry to bother you but I just wanna get the idea so I can do the rest
Yep, send me the DSDT and I'll see what can I do. I am happy there's finally someone to work with to improve the EFI

Yep, send me the DSDT and I'll see what can I do. I am happy there's finally someone to work with to improve the EFI

Thank you so much , here's my DSDT freshly extracted from linux .

In clover I remember there was couple things to rename like _DSM or CFUN which I don't see here, Sorry but I was away from hackintosh for sometime and this is my first time with OC and hotpaches I used to patch the DSDT in clover directly without hotpaches .

so please let me know if using your patches are ok orI'm making a mess :))))

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    61.2 KB · Views: 70
Update time!
OC 0.7.4
Works with BigSur and is Monterey ready.
SystemProductName changed to MacBookPro11,5 you'll have to regenerate your NVRAM->PlatformInfo

Download the latest OCBinaryData if you want a working OpenCanopy GUI

Disconnect your apple id before you upgrade the EFI

Have fun

dear sir, thanks for your contribution
this Efi recovery will not show the recovery dmg image (for the first installation)
I will get 3 choices only:
1. windows
2. clear NVRAM
3. UEFI Shell

if I use the EFI from thedeadfish59 / lenovo_z50-70_hackintosh page it will show the recovery but the screen will not clear (due to bad reselution)

any hind please
regards

Edit: thanks to @Feartech I updated my profile and signiture

please find attachment of the recover secreen that I get from the efi in the ubove link
regards

1640368514146.jpg

Last edited:
this Efi recovery will not show the recovery dmg image (for the first installation)
1. windows
2. clear NVRAM
3. UEFI Shell

if I use the EFI from thedeadfish59 / lenovo_z50-70_hackintosh page it will show the recovery but the screen will not clear (due to bad reselution)

any hind please
regards
please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

1. windows
2. clear NVRAM
3. UEFI Shell

any hind please
regards

Edit: thanks to @Feartech I updated my profile and signiture

please find attachment of the recover secreen that I get from the efi in the ubove link
regards

View attachment 537792
missing your intel graphics in your profile?

Back