Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Z50-70/Z40-70/G50-70/G40-70 using Clover UEFI

try the other kext that is more updated

yeah I tried it also , sorry I meant Rehabman makes kernel panic and stuck at apple logo , while the other one the mouse didn't work and keyboard also didn't work , I don't know if i have to apply patches again in config to make it work

But the question is since @bhedge has his EFI folder working brightness keys without voodooPS2 it means it should be possible to get it work with ApplePS2 just the thing is Config patches should be done correctly , because I'm using bhedge EFI's everything all the files of SSDTs and kexts , just the thing is with diag config I think I'm not sure though

yeah I tried it also , sorry I meant Rehabman makes kernel panic and stuck at apple logo , while the other one the mouse didn't work and keyboard also didn't work , I don't know if i have to apply patches again in config to make it work

But the question is since @bhedge has his EFI folder working brightness keys without voodooPS2 it means it should be possible to get it work with ApplePS2 just the thing is Config patches should be done correctly , because I'm using bhedge EFI's everything all the files of SSDTs and kexts , just the thing is with diag config I think I'm not sure though
ok, yes...

you will need to roll up your sleeves and do some serious comparing on everything

good luck! :)

Can you share @bhedge EFI? I'll have a look at brightness keys. Also, can you check if HDMI Is working in his EFI?

P.S. I mapped brightness keys to ALT+ F11 & ALT+F 12 using karabiner

Well I'm very sorry for the confusion but I was doing many trials in the last 2 days comparing and trying between your EFI and Bhedge one I ended up with a combination so I deleted voodooPS2 kext and used ApplePS2 because I prefer to use the buttons

Last night I found out that after updating to Monterey 12.1 , bhedge efi doesn't work anymore I tried to use his default efi folder without changing anything which was working fine on Catalina but it didn't boot , I tried to change the SMBIOS only to make it boot to Monterey but it didn't anyway

So currently your efi with slight modification to use appleps2 instead of voodoo is my only solution to boot to Monterey , even default efi booted but in both cases there's still some problem with the system as it shows in the picture

SHA_20211216_095729374.jpg

Can you share @bhedge EFI? I'll have a look at brightness keys. Also, can you check if HDMI Is working in his EFI?

P.S. I mapped brightness keys to ALT+ F11 & ALT+F 12 using karabiner

ohh sorry I forgot the refi folder !

below Attached the default @bhedge folder which was working on Catalina with Brightness keys ..

Also I want to kindly ask you to guide me what should I follow to be able to patch my own SSDTs I mean all of them , how could you extract them and how do you know what data should be changed

in Dortania guide it shows for some of them only like SSDT-PLUG , EC , XOSI etc.. but it's not mentioned all of them. so I just want to follow something so that I can patch my own SSDTs to get it work normally

the reason I'm asking for that is that when I made comparison between @bhedge EFI folder "which is for Z50-70" I see it has so many differences in renames of the patches I believe that what makes my system saying "Behaving badly" on Intel Power Gadget

Attachments

• EFI Z50-70.zip
    12.8 MB · Views: 104
Do you have any unofficial kext left in /Library/Extensions ?
I followed Dortania and some guides here to patch SSDTs
Renames have to be consistent between SSDTs and patches, it doesn't matter if differ from EFI to EFI.
In my EFI the _OSI to XOSI patch is disabled cause it gives me issues in windows, you can try and enable it to make brightness keys work
Intel Power Gadget is working properly on my side.

I can confirm brightness keys are working with XOSI ssdt and patches enabled.
But Windows (both 10 and 11) won't boot

You were right , enabling _OSI was leading to loose of Windows booting but the brightness keys are working ...

Well after so many tries I found the reason behind that which was so simple :

Just make a new XOSI with windows 10 and windows 11 support you need to add them manually , I tested it myself and now Brightness keys are working in Monterey and also I'm able to boot to windows 11

ok, yes...

you will need to roll up your sleeves and do some serious comparing on everything

good luck! :)

Bro since you're a moderator can I ask you if I want to remove some lines from DSDT by making a SAMPLE-SSDT.dsl to do this job , how can I do that because I don't know how to write it

So from where should I start from external or from Device or from scope ?

I just need to make an ssdt.dsl to remove a name from the dsdt in a specific place but I don't know how to make the ssdt reach it exactly and not change something else , I'm trying something so can I send you the DSDT file and show you exactly the place where i need to edit and you make the ssdt for me please ?

Bro since you're a moderator can I ask you if I want to remove some lines from DSDT by making a SAMPLE-SSDT.dsl to do this job , how can I do that because I don't know how to write it

So from where should I start from external or from Device or from scope ?

I just need to make an ssdt.dsl to remove a name from the dsdt in a specific place but I don't know how to make the ssdt reach it exactly and not change something else , I'm trying something so can I send you the DSDT file and show you exactly the place where i need to edit and you make the ssdt for me please ?
depends on what you want/or need to do

DSDT is not required and should not be used with opencore

Back