Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Z50-70/Z40-70/G50-70/G40-70 using Clover UEFI

Hi daigosx, I put your EFI on an usb but the laptop, lenovo z50-70, not switch on hdmi to login. Can you help me please?
HDMI was working on BigSur. I never use it so I didn't check it on Monerey. Will have a look at the issue when I'll have some time

Updated some kexts, bluetooth now works as expected after sleep/wake
I have problems with mic works perfectly with Safari and Siri but other 3rd party chrome based apps i cannot use microphone do you have this issue too or this problem unique to my system ?

Hello guys, I have a problem in my Z50-70 , I could boot and install OSX using OC without issue but after finishing the installation it doesn't show the drive at all , it only shows Install OSX "external" and UEFI shell !!

I tried installing Big Sur and second time I tried installing Mojave and the problem is the same

After installation I tried to boot with Clover USB just to verify if the system is installed and it shows the system Installed completely without any issue

I tried to put OC EFI folder in EFI of the drive where OSX installed and reboot without USB connected and again it shows only UEFI shell and I guess Clean NVram , I tried clean nvram and reboot nothing changed :(

I'm using Crucial SSD 500Gb which is working perfectly and I'm sure the SSD doesn't have any problem .

Is there something missing in the config ? Do i need to add some kext ? If anyone have been through the same issue I would appreciate any advice or solution ..

Thank you ..

SHA_20211214_121327817.jpg

This is showing after I booted with Clover USB and put the OC EFI manually in System EFI and restarted the laptop , If I connect the installation USB with OC it will show "Install OSX "External" with those options !

I'm using @daigosx EFI folder

View attachment 537154

This is showing after I booted with Clover USB and put the OC EFI manually in System EFI and restarted the laptop , If I connect the installation USB with OC it will show "Install OSX "External" with those options !

I'm using @daigosx EFI folder
try enabling HFSPlus.efi instead

try enabling HFSPlus.efi instead

I just did but I'm not sure if I done it correctly , I changed the config.plist from UEFI - Drivers HfsPlus.efi wasn't mentioned there "even though it's available in the OC driver folder" instead it was mentioned : OpenHfsPlus.efi

So I just deleted the word "Open" and it became HfsPlus.efi , copied Config to the usb and tried to boot but nothing changes :( still NvramClean and UEFI shell in the menu ..

So I booted to the OS with Clover USB and copied the Config to the System EFI and tried to boot but nothing changes also

I believe I'm close enough but I can't find out what should I do so if there any of the experienced guy here can help I would really appreciate it

And thanks anyway @Feartech for suggesting

Back