Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Z50-70/Z40-70/G50-70/G40-70 using Clover UEFI

Do you boot win10 from OC?
No.
Win10 HDD and Mac OS 11.4 is on SSD.
When I need to use Mac OS then I boot SSD which has OC.
and when I need to use Win10 then I boot from HDD which has the default bootloader for Win

Do you boot win10 from OC?
Also no HDMI sound with your config. Can be solved removing unified mem patch. But must be a way available to use sound with unified mem patch.

I managed to get an almost fully working hackintosh.
EFI is based on OpenCore 0.6.9
config.plist uses MacBookAir6,2 SMBIOS
Fill PlatformInfo properly, all serials are zeroed in the shared EFI

What works / improvements:
  • keyboard, screen, audio, camera and anything was already working.
  • WiFi and BT using AirportBrcmFixup
    • to use a broadcom based card you have to patch the bios, follow my guide
    • to use an intel based card (as the original one should be) you can check itlwm project. No kext or configs for intel cards are provided in my EFI cause I have a broadcom one.
  • USB mapped properly to avoid issues with macos 11.3.x
  • Fixed battery management (my previous SSDT worked in macos but broke battery detection in windows and linux) and sleep/wake issues. Thanks to @dandelionclock and his guide.
  • Fixed brightness keys. SSDT was here already, for renames I have to credit again dandelionclock's guide.
    To get the keys working you have to enable SSDT-XOSI.aml and _OSI to XOSI patch in config.plist I had to disable them because I have a triple boot setup and SSDT-XOSI causes issues when booting windows (any help is appreciated)
What should work / not tested:
  • HDMI video
  • HDMI audio
  • Optical drive. I removed mine long ago to add a second SSD
What doesn't work:
  • Card reader. Will never work
  • Trackpad buttons. VoodooPS2Controller enables gestures but "disables" buttons, ApplePS2SmartTouchPad enables buttons but doesn't allow gestures. It's your choice, mine is gestures.
  • Sleep closing lid. (any ideas?)
Enjoy and share your results and improvements
Hi, could you please help me?
I own a g50-70 i7-4510u and r5m230.
I have installed big Sur with your OC 0.6.9 EFI but the CPU management, sleep/wake/lid and airplay doesn't work.
I want to know if there's anything should I do apart from putting your EFI and installing Big Sur to have it all "fully" functional.
I would appreciate your help.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi, could you please help me?
I own a g50-70 i7-4510u and r5m230.
I have installed big Sur with your OC 0.6.9 EFI but the CPU management, sleep/wake/lid and airplay doesn't work.
I want to know if there's anything should I do apart from putting your EFI and installing Big Sur to have it all "fully" functional.
I would appreciate your help.
Thanks in advance.
LID doesn't work.
Sleep/wake should work oob.

LID doesn't work.
Sleep/wake should work oob.
And one more question, how do you manage to move the windows without the trackpad buttons, that's impossible to me to move it.

And one more question, how do you manage to move the windows without the trackpad buttons, that's impossible to me to move it.
I use 3 finger drag, you may have the option in Accessibility options

I use 3 finger drag, you may have the option in Accessibility options
But... it is for diving through the desktop, I mean moving the position of windows like finder, safari...

But... it is for diving through the desktop, I mean moving the position of windows like finder, safari...
Because with the actual trackpad drivers gestures work but physical buttons not and that's impossible o drag and drop.

Back