Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Z50-70/Z40-70/G50-70/G40-70 using Clover UEFI

Here you go!
OC-0.6.3 working EFI for Big Sur. This is a slight modified version of @Mikorist 's one.
  • You have to fill PlatformInfo section by yourself
  • UpdateSMBIOSMode is set to "Custom" and Kernel->Quirks->CustomSMBIOSGuid is set to true: this won't pass SSDTs to other OSes and you'll be able to boot Windows/Linux "natively" from OC. Breaks BootCamp
  • OpenCanopy is enabled but you need to fill OC/Resources subfolders
  • Should work with Catalina too
I am working on a new EFI with some custom SSDT, proper USB mapping, VoodooPS2 (Enables touchpad gestures for me) and AppleALC (microphone issues atm). I am facing sleep issues, so I won't share it yet.
@Mikorist if you want to help me improve the EFI, send me a PM.
Thank you very much, it's working very well for me.

I had Catalina installed with Clover, so I downloaded Big Sur 11.2.2 to update.
With a 16GB stick, I created two separate MBR partitions, one FAT32 for EFI and another HFS+J for the OS X installer.
On the EFI partition I put your EFI OC-0.6.3 and on the OS X installer partition I used the createinstallmedia method.
I filled out the Platform Info section, but I don't know if I did it correctly. If you have a good tutorial to refer me I would be grateful, there are many fields to fill out and many different tutorials on the internet.
Continuing... My Wi-Fi card is AR9565, I put two kexts, HS80211Family.kext (modified IO80211Family.kext) and AirPortAtheros40.kext (for AR9565) in the .../OC/Kexts folder and I injected via config.plist.
I did the Clean Install.
The best of all, I have Wi-Fi working since installation.

Bluetooth still doesn't work but I also didn't stop to research about it.

I've been using the notebook for two weeks without a problem. I've been using it to program in React Native with Android and iOS emulator and it's working better than just the Android emulator on Windows.

Thanks again and if you have news and can share with us we would be grateful.

I just tried booting with the HDMI connected, as rebooting with a DVD inside seem to have helped with recognising the DVD with issue 3) in my last post, and I get a kernel panic around mid-way through booting... There seems to be something not quite right with the HDMI. Does anybody recognise these symptoms (no HDMI audio + kernel panic at boot when HDMI connected)?
Try VoodooHDA instead of AppleALC

Captura de Tela 2021-03-08 às 22.35.49.png

Updated from 11.2.2 to 11.2.3 with no problems...

Here you go!
OC-0.6.3 working EFI for Big Sur. This is a slight modified version of @Mikorist 's one.
  • You have to fill PlatformInfo section by yourself
  • UpdateSMBIOSMode is set to "Custom" and Kernel->Quirks->CustomSMBIOSGuid is set to true: this won't pass SSDTs to other OSes and you'll be able to boot Windows/Linux "natively" from OC. Breaks BootCamp
  • OpenCanopy is enabled but you need to fill OC/Resources subfolders
  • Should work with Catalina too
I am working on a new EFI with some custom SSDT, proper USB mapping, VoodooPS2 (Enables touchpad gestures for me) and AppleALC (microphone issues atm). I am facing sleep issues, so I won't share it yet.
@Mikorist if you want to help me improve the EFI, send me a PM.
Are you talking about acidanthera's VoodooPS2? It seems that trackpad buttons are not working using that kext. However, gestures are working pretty ok. Did you manage to do anything about this?

Hi, could you share your EFI folder?
I have a Z50-70 oc 0.6.6 and BigSur 11.2.3 and I don't know whether to upgrade.
OC 0.6.6 should be good. My EFI Is based on MacBookAir6,2 and I have sleep issues. If you have a better setup you should stick with it and eventually update OC

Are you talking about acidanthera's VoodooPS2? It seems that trackpad buttons are not working using that kext. However, gestures are working pretty ok. Did you manage to do anything about this?
Nope but gestures > buttons for me

I managed to get an almost fully working hackintosh.
EFI is based on OpenCore 0.6.9
config.plist uses MacBookAir6,2 SMBIOS
Fill PlatformInfo properly, all serials are zeroed in the shared EFI

What works / improvements:
  • keyboard, screen, audio, camera and anything was already working.
  • WiFi and BT using AirportBrcmFixup
    • to use a broadcom based card you have to patch the bios, follow my guide
    • to use an intel based card (as the original one should be) you can check itlwm project. No kext or configs for intel cards are provided in my EFI cause I have a broadcom one.
  • USB mapped properly to avoid issues with macos 11.3.x
  • Fixed battery management (my previous SSDT worked in macos but broke battery detection in windows and linux) and sleep/wake issues. Thanks to @dandelionclock and his guide.
  • Fixed brightness keys. SSDT was here already, for renames I have to credit again dandelionclock's guide.
    To get the keys working you have to enable SSDT-XOSI.aml and _OSI to XOSI patch in config.plist I had to disable them because I have a triple boot setup and SSDT-XOSI causes issues when booting windows (any help is appreciated)
What should work / not tested:
  • HDMI video
  • HDMI audio
  • Optical drive. I removed mine long ago to add a second SSD
What doesn't work:
  • Card reader. Will never work
  • Trackpad buttons. VoodooPS2Controller enables gestures but "disables" buttons, ApplePS2SmartTouchPad enables buttons but doesn't allow gestures. It's your choice, mine is gestures.
  • Sleep closing lid. (any ideas?)
Enjoy and share your results and improvements

Attachments

• EFI_OC-0.6.9.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 300
Last edited:
Back