Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Z50-70/Z40-70/G50-70/G40-70 using Clover UEFI

Hi folks

Like daigosx I've got my Z50-70 working with Big Sur OpenCore 0.6.3 using Mikorist's EFI as the base (big thanks to Mikorist). Everything appears to work including sleep/wake, battery/power management and FaceTime/iMessage.

My machine still has the original AR9565 wifi card which only has limited OS X support, I used to have it working in High Sierra but am still working on it in Big Sur. If someone has a solution to this please post it!

Cheers
Benny Hedge
IMG_4553.jpg

Attachments

• EFI Z50-70.zip
    12.8 MB · Views: 478
Hi folks

Like daigosx I've got my Z50-70 working with Big Sur OpenCore 0.6.3 using Mikorist's EFI as the base (big thanks to Mikorist). Everything appears to work including sleep/wake, battery/power management and FaceTime/iMessage.

My machine still has the original AR9565 wifi card which only has limited OS X support, I used to have it working in High Sierra but am still working on it in Big Sur. If someone has a solution to this please post it!

Cheers
Benny Hedge
View attachment 497074
Thanks too!!

Here you go!
OC-0.6.3 working EFI for Big Sur. This is a slight modified version of @Mikorist 's one.
  • You have to fill PlatformInfo section by yourself
  • UpdateSMBIOSMode is set to "Custom" and Kernel->Quirks->CustomSMBIOSGuid is set to true: this won't pass SSDTs to other OSes and you'll be able to boot Windows/Linux "natively" from OC. Breaks BootCamp
  • OpenCanopy is enabled but you need to fill OC/Resources subfolders
  • Should work with Catalina too
I am working on a new EFI with some custom SSDT, proper USB mapping, VoodooPS2 (Enables touchpad gestures for me) and AppleALC (microphone issues atm). I am facing sleep issues, so I won't share it yet.
@Mikorist if you want to help me improve the EFI, send me a PM.
Hey, i can't make airplay and sleep/wake work in both of yours EFIS (@daigosx and @bhedge )
Could you help me?

Hi guys,
I'd like to thank you for that EFI @bhedge, great job.
Everything works pretty well but I have one issue with my external monitor 27' (2560x1440res). I can't select higher resolution than 2560x1080 and system recognises the monitor as 38,5inch. I tried something with RexXtreme and Switchresx but it only add black bars in between. Do you have any idea how to do this?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-11-19 at 16.20.26.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-19 at 16.20.26.png
    248.9 KB · Views: 68
Hi guys,
Everything works pretty well but I have one issue with my external monitor 27' (2560x1440res). I can't select higher resolution than 2560x1080 and system recognises the monitor as 38,5inch. I tried something with RexXtreme and Switchresx but it only add black bars in between. Do you have any idea how to do this?
Wake/sleep and airplay works for you?

Hi guys,
I thought that might be the case. I had a similar problem with my Lenovo M93p. The M93p uses the same framebuffer and the following patch fixed it. You could try pasting this into device properties:

<key>framebuffer-patch0-enable</key>
<data>AQAAAA==</data>
<key>framebuffer-patch0-find</key>
<data>AwAiDQADAwMAAAACAAAwAQAAAAAAAABgmRQ=</data>
<key>framebuffer-patch0-replace</key>
<data>AwAiDQADAwMAAAAEAAAgAgAAAAAAAACAmRQ=</data>

Last edited:
Follow my guide to remove wifi whitelist from bios and get a supported one. :p

Back