Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Z50-70/Z40-70/G50-70/G40-70 using Clover UEFI

Is there a way to get audio jack sensing to work using VoodooHDA?

Last edited:

daigosx,​

Were you successful with Big Sur? If yes, could you please validate the attached EFI for Big Sur?
Thanks

Attachments

• EFI BigSur.zip
    9.3 MB · Views: 80
Here is my testing EFI for Big Sur… Without wi-fi / bluetooth driver. OC 0.6.2

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 134
Is your mic volume low using AppleALC or not working at all?

Is there a way to get audio jack sensing to work using VoodooHDA?

try to play with pin config

I don't have a wifi card at the moment

Thank you Mikorist!

Audio jack auto-sensing is still not working in VoodooHDA (tried the info.plist modifications) but it works perfectly in AppleALC!

Your guide helped me to get full graphic acceleration (with 2GB) but the brightness is always full after booting. Do you know how I could retain the brightness value between restarts or set a preset value?

Also, I had to do the following (now and then) to make sleep/wake work properly.

sudo pmset autopoweroff 0
sudo pmset powernap 0
sudo pmset standby 0
sudo pmset proximitywake 0
sudo pmset lidwake 0

Is there a better way to do it?

Thanks again

but the brightness is always full after booting. Do you know how I could retain the brightness value between restarts or set a preset value?

maybe an NVRAM problem?

Screenshot 2020-10-14 at 06.42.32.png

clear NVRAM at boot...

also
SSDT-PNLF Fixes brightness control

You can download SSDT-PNLF update from Hackintool - when you download WhateverGreen.kext

Screenshot 2020-10-14 at 06.44.52.png

Is there a better way to do it?

Thanks again
Yeah - to take the DVD drive out of the laptop ... in my case, that's the only way to make sleep/wake work properly.
Because optical drive leading to panic reboot:
"IOSCSIPeripheralDeviceType05::setPowerState(0xffffff8091f2a420 : 0xffffff7f8679918a, 1 -> 4) timed out after 100829.

look

Last edited:
Hi, hoping someone can steer me to the guide for upgrading my Lenovo Z50-70 to Catalina from Mojave. I have not been able to locate the guide either by using the search item or my browsing all the postings. Thanks for you help.

Back