Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Z50-70/Z40-70/G50-70/G40-70 using Clover UEFI

#2 Was able to get WiFi (AR9565) working by using corecapture.kext, CoreCaptureResponder.kext and updating IO80211Family.kext in S/L/E.
Query: Are 'BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext', BrcmFirmwareData.kext, and BrcmPatchRAM3.kext required for Atheros WiFi?
No, those kext are for broadcom (brcm) wifi chipsets

No, those kext are for broadcom (brcm) wifi chipsets

Thank you!

Have you been able to get Trackpad/mouse working in the OpenCore (v0.6.0) GUI?

I upgraded to OC 0.6.1 and opencanopy.
Catalina 10.15.6 works almost flawlessly.( no audio jack auto sensing)
Actually working on SSDTs fix to allow windows boot using OC, Linux boots fine adding an Entry in Misc -> Entries

I upgraded to OC 0.6.1 and opencanopy.
Catalina 10.15.6 works almost flawlessly.( no audio jack auto sensing)
Actually working on SSDTs fix to allow windows boot using OC, Linux boots fine adding an Entry in Misc -> Entries
Audio jack auto sensing worked for me after using AppleALC (both 3 and 28 work but don't know which one to choose) instead of VoodooHDA.kext .

HDMI audio output works (unlike VoodooHDA) but no volume control for HDMI.

Although slightly higher audio level and mic gain would have helped.

I vaguely remember that I was able to boot into Windows using OC without any additional configuration!

Hi there! Any good instructions for Lenovo z51-70? (i7 5500u + Intel HD5500)

Audio jack auto sensing worked for me after using AppleALC (both 3 and 28 work but don't know which one to choose) instead of VoodooHDA.kext .

HDMI audio output works (unlike VoodooHDA) but no volume control for HDMI.

Although slightly higher audio level and mic gain would have helped.

I vaguely remember that I was able to boot into Windows using OC without any additional configuration!
I have mic issues when using AppleALC.
OC injects SSDTs when booting windows and this causes issues.
With my EFI I was able to boot Big Sur installer. Anyone updated yet?

Anyone have Z50-70 OpenCore instructions / kext / driver list worked up yet? Any example stock config.plists on GitHub yet? Would be nice to see a solid EFI GitHub release made with config info. Been running OpenCore on other systems with tremendous success and overall quality of life improvement so far...

Back