Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Z50-70/Z40-70/G50-70/G40-70 using Clover UEFI

You're right. It was the same with me. The problem was in the configuration - which was for AppleALC. Also, every time the entire OC is changed, NVRAM should be deleted - this is what you have to do when boot menu show.

Now i tested.

View attachment 452779View attachment 452780View attachment 452781

As seen above OC is 0.5.7 - built from source.

Will your EFI folder work with a Lenovo Z50-70? My laptop was working on Clover and Mojave, but I made the mistake of updating it to Catalina without updating Clover and my EFI folder. Since then, it throws a panic when booting up, and restarts.

Will I be able to replace my older EFI folder contents with your EFI (with OC made for A G50-70)? Would there be changes that I would need to make to the files to make them work with my machine? Do let me know. Thanks in advance...

I'm having trouble running setup with with Catalina 10.15.4 - G50-70 - OpenCore-0.5.7

20200408_192739.jpg

Will your EFI folder work with a Lenovo Z50-70? My laptop was working on Clover and Mojave, but I made the mistake of updating it to Catalina without updating Clover and my EFI folder. Since then, it throws a panic when booting up, and restarts.

Will I be able to replace my older EFI folder contents with your EFI (with OC made for A G50-70)? Would there be changes that I would need to make to the files to make them work with my machine? Do let me know. Thanks in advance...
create a new efi on usb and use it to boot. once booted, update clover and efi on your hdd

So I got the latest version of Catalina installed and running on OC 0.5.7 with @Mikorist's EFI. There are a couple of quirks, in that I cannot get sound going with AppleALC kext (Only VoodooHDA works), and there is a bit of display flickering happening with Firefox. The machine also restarts when waking from sleep. Apart from that, no complaints. I don't have a Broadcom wi-fi chip for this, so internet only over ethernet for now. Tinkering with the sound...

So I got the latest version of Catalina installed and running on OC 0.5.7 with @Mikorist's EFI. There are a couple of quirks, in that I cannot get sound going with AppleALC kext (Only VoodooHDA works), and there is a bit of display flickering happening with Firefox. The machine also restarts when waking from sleep. Apart from that, no complaints. I don't have a Broadcom wi-fi chip for this, so internet only over ethernet for now. Tinkering with the sound...
Yup, I also want to know how to get AppleALC to work. :D
Also, using @Mikorist's EFI I can't get Integrated Webcam working. :(

Yup, I also want to know how to get AppleALC to work. :D
Also, using @Mikorist's EFI I can't get Integrated Webcam working. :(

Tried this guide, but I can't get AppleALC to show up in Hackintool. I've put the kext in the Kernel section in the config.plist file, too. AppleHDA, Lilu, Whatever get loaded, but AppleALC doesn't, so I can not continue with the tutorial.

EDIT: Got AppleALC in the extensions tab, but nothing in the Sound tab.

Last edited:
Back