Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Z50-70/Z40-70/G50-70/G40-70 using Clover UEFI

You need file in ACPI folder - SSDT-G50.aml - the battery and trackpad won't work without it.
No extra ApplePS2Controller needed.
Yes, I have your SSDT file in ACPI folder and battery working great, but trackpad is dead. Do we need some extra kexts in the /Library/Extensions folder as well?

Yes, I have your SSDT file in ACPI folder and battery working great, but trackpad is dead. Do we need some extra kexts in the /Library/Extensions folder as well?

hmmm... strange.

Since we have almost identical laptop - it has to work. If it doesn't work then the trackpad is different .... your is G50-30?

Last edited:
Hi Mikorist,
yesterday I tried all day to get Catalina working through Opencore but ended up with kernel panic with no explanation on internet.

Can you give me your EFI to see the differences with mine? Thanks

Do not worry. I will have OpenCore for the G50-70 soon.

Last edited:
I just don't know how to get the Battery to work .... Hotpatch don't work. This will work for the installation as well.

Last edited:
I don't see any major acceleration here. If I look at the difference in booting OpenCore vs Clover. Both can be accelerated further.

Last edited:
The battery percentage is not working for me. Also light sensor. The rest works.

Even this way - it doesn't really matter if it's separated or together - the battery patch doesn't work in OpenCore

Screenshot 2020-02-29 at 08.59.41.png

Screenshot 2020-02-29 at 09.21.37.png

Attachments

• Patch by patch EFI.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:
I did it. G50-70 OpenCore Full....First I want to thank everyone here.

I especially want to thank @the-braveknight - without him I would not succeed in this, also RehabMan, @Feartech and acidanthera with his guidance from here

After all this has been studied and learned, Clover looks like an easy pie. No kidding. :)

What works:

Special function keys working, trakpad gestures(all listed in MacOS) , HDMI video/audio digital out works, speakers working, Headphones working, WiFi, Bluetooth, USB2/USB3, built-in mic and camera, power managment, battery status, graphics including OpenCL, Ethernet, Mac App Store Working.

:headbang:

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 97
Last edited:

I especially want to thank @the-braveknight - without him I would not succeed in this, also RehabMan, @Feartech and acidanthera with his guidance from here

After all this has been studied and learned, Clover looks like an easy pie.No kidding.:)

What works

Special function keys working, trakpad gestures(all listed in MacOS) , HDMI video/audio digital out works, speakers working, Headphones working, WiFi, Bluetooth, USB2/USB3, built-in mic and camera, power managment, battery status, graphics including OpenCL, Ethernet, Mac App Store Working.

fantastic! :)

After all this has been studied and learned, Clover looks like an easy pie. No kidding. :)

What works:

Wonderful, when I get home I will try it! ;)

Back