Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Z50-70/Z40-70/G50-70/G40-70 using Clover UEFI

Great guide. Not only was able to get everything up and running, but I also could successfully to macOS Catalina. Just one small issue though. Pressing cmd+P doesn't seem to input anything. Pressing cmd will all the other keys works. I wonder what might be causing this issue....
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

I tried as displayed in post #251.
But after updating to catalina I'm not able to use USB mouse or trackpad.
So I am not able to login to my account.

Can someone tell what I'm missing?

Last edited:
On Mojave (10.14.6) I'm having a strange and intermittent issue where the control key "sticks" and I can't figure out how to unstick it on my z50-70 without a reboot. I have seemed to be able to slam various keys (not turning the keyboard on and off) randomly and get control to be "unstuck" again, but it's a complete unknown right now since all systematic attempts to isolate what might be causing this have failed so far.

Any ideas?

Trying to clean install on the new SSD with freshly created USB bootable through UniBeans, however when I am trying to boot into installation it’s stucked at the end of the progress bar with apple logo, waited like 1 hour with no luck. Which clover options could help and how your installation went guys?

In unibeast I used UEFI option when creating bootable USB.
Followed all required BIOS settings here on the forum.

Trying to clean install on the new SSD with freshly created USB bootable through UniBeans, however when I am trying to boot into installation it’s stucked at the end of the progress bar with apple logo, waited like 1 hour with no luck. Which clover options could help and how your installation went guys?

In unibeast I used UEFI option when creating bootable USB.
Followed all required BIOS settings here on the forum.
post 1 doesn't mention to use unibeast (unibeast is mainly for desktops)

post 1 doesn't mention to use unibeast (unibeast is mainly for desktops)
Thank you, I followed this guide as it’s linked in #1 (+ made necessary changes that are mentioned in first post, used MBR method and createinstallmedia approach as suggested) https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...40-70-g50-70-g40-70-using-clover-uefi.261787/

I had no issues, I can even boot to clover, but there is nothing to install.

79FD6F80-A2E2-4A8F-A694-F3D2A08AB136.jpeg

Just the clover menu. I really think I followed everything correctly, read through it all but I had to miss something perhaps? Is there anything that comes to yours mind?

Here is how my file structure looks like:

Screenshot 2020-01-12 at 23.18.43.png

Screenshot 2020-01-12 at 23.19.24.png

Downloaded freshly and latest version of MacOS Catalina and Clover.

Last edited:
Thank you, I followed this guide as it’s linked in #1 (+ made necessary changes that are mentioned in first post, used MBR method and createinstallmedia approach as suggested) https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...40-70-g50-70-g40-70-using-clover-uefi.261787/

I had no issues, I can even boot to clover, but there is nothing to install.

View attachment 444785
Just the clover menu. I really think I followed everything correctly, read through it all but I had to miss something perhaps? Is there anything that comes to yours mind?

Here is how my file structure looks like:

View attachment 444786

View attachment 444787

Downloaded freshly and latest version of MacOS Catalina and Clover.
Finally, we need one EFI driver not included in the Clover installer, HFSPlus.efi:
- it can be downloaded from here: https://github.com/JrCs/CloverGrowerPro/raw/master/Files/HFSPlus/X64/HFSPlus.efi
- copy it to /EFI/Clover/drivers/UEFI

Note: Please, DO NOT forget HFSPlus.efi. Without it, you won't see any HFS+ partitions, including the HFS+ partition that the OS X installer is on.

Finally, we need one EFI driver not included in the Clover installer, HFSPlus.efi:
- it can be downloaded from here: https://github.com/JrCs/CloverGrowerPro/raw/master/Files/HFSPlus/X64/HFSPlus.efi
- copy it to /EFI/Clover/drivers/UEFI

Note: Please, DO NOT forget HFSPlus.efi. Without it, you won't see any HFS+ partitions, including the HFS+ partition that the OS X installer is on.
Thank you! I totally thought I don't need it because I read under that that if I am installing on SSD there is this new APFS but now I get it how stupid I am. Thanks again, hope everything will go as planned now!

Thank you! I totally thought I don't need it because I read under that that if I am installing on SSD there is this new APFS but now I get it how stupid I am. Thanks again, hope everything will go as planned now!
the APFS one will read apfs formatted drives, the HFSPlus will be able to read the usb installer

the APFS one will read apfs formatted drives, the HFSPlus will be able to read the usb installer
At the phase 2 I have this problem. When choosing the boot option “Boot macOS Install from ..." entry in verbose there are only ++++++ at the top.

In the guide there is mentioned: “For 10.12, boot that entry instead of install_osx on the USB.” Does this mesn ONLY for 10.12 or 10.12 and HIGHER?

EDIT: Tried both options, but after that phase 1 restart, neither of them are booting as there are only +++++++ and it stops. First time it booted just fine to the installer so I am not sure what to do nor what is causing it. I am using config.plist from the repo from post #1 which was labeled as “config_install.plist” which I renamed properly just to “config.plist” and placed in my clover on USB.

Even when using config from rehab for my hd4400 it was stucked like on multibeast.
466036E3-A9FF-4A47-890D-53F10A2D9FF9.jpeg

Last edited:
Back