Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Z50-70/Z40-70/G50-70/G40-70 using Clover UEFI

Hi
My Z50-70 is working "fine" except the trackpad!
After login, if I touch on it, the mouse arrow runs like crazy messing up my desktop.
The mouse works well.
Any suggestion to solve this problem?
Thanks

Hello All,
Thanks for the great advices, tutorials and so much more... (I thought of putting a definitely long message here for thanking you all but I finally decided to contribute to the site, I hope it will help).

I own a G50-70 and I successfully replaced the wifi card, patched the bios, installed MacOS Mojave (with full git repo run even though I had a couple of freezes along the way) and updated to 10.14.3. At this point, I am still facing an issue with the trackpad where the tap to click is not working (I am also not seeing it in the trackpad configuration in the preferences).
Has anyone any ideas about this issue?
Thanks a lot

Thank you for this guide! I installed Mojave successfully on my Lenovo Z50-70. Everything is working properly except the Touchpad. When I use it the mouse starts to flicker around. What can I do to fix it ?

Hi all, I purchased 2 days ago a Lenovo g50-70. I was looking the wifi replacement as post#1 suggested and I got a bit confused.
80% of Broadcom card in market is not working with Lenovo ( what they said ), than someone said that works ( saw in one Amazon reviews ) and other are 2x, 3x expensive, just because working as Lenovo 100% sure ( what they said ).
Got it, the market is following the offer, understand, but this just make confusion.
A ton on information copy/paste just to sell the wifi card like candy. I do not expect to but this card for 10 $ free shipping but not 50 $ as well.
Do someone has find the same struggle?

You should not care about the compatibility with Lenovo that is mentioned in the reviews because you are going to patch your Lenovo bios to make it work. Just make sure that you buy one of the two models that are natively supported by MacOs. I bought one for 25$ from amazon myself and followed the guide for bios patching. Actually, I did it in two steps:
  • rolledback my bios to the same version as the patched one (I had a more recent one)
  • then applied the patching procedure

@louisnice
thank you for your reply, I purchased a Broadcom as post #1 said trough eBay for 33 euro. Fixed price. Delivery time 15-24 days so I have time to find all the information to perform this hackintosh.

I will post the result

Deleted

Last edited:
I am gonna upgrade my G50-70 with a full-hd display (next monday), will it work ootb or I'll have change something on the software side? Any help would be appreciated, anyway I'll post my results.
Z50-70 has a full-hd display so my guess is it will work ootb.

It works. A huge improvement IMHO totally worth the 50€ I paid for it. It's very easy to replace.
If you are interested this is the model to look for: B156HAN01.1

Last edited:
@daigosx Thank you for posting your result, I am still waiting the wifi card. Will be come in this days, I hope.
Where you can find that LCD with 50 euro? I found only 80/100 euro. =(

Back