Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Z50-70/Z40-70/G50-70/G40-70 using Clover UEFI

Problem Report:
The only real problem I have, is my ethernet port is stuck in 100 megabit mode (Lenovo Z50-70). This also happens when I use my USB ethernet adapter. I have tried different cables and routers. Sometimes, if I reboot enough, it will be set to gigabit mode, but it doesn't last.

Note: This laptop has gone through, at least 3 OS updates. I believe i've been using this guide since the beginning.

Thanks.

Something is wrong with your LiluHelper.kext (look at kextcache output).
But I don't think that is related to your issue.

You probably have some sort of cabling/router problem. Test your hardware on Windows as an extra check.

Well, I have tried, relentlessly for the last few hours and I have not found a single kext that works with the Elan Touchpad...

Obvious google search: 'ps2 elan kext'

Obvious google search: 'ps2 elan kext'

Yes, there are a lot of results that pop up, and several files available for download. There is however, no way to ascertain if they work with Mojave, or what functionality they offer (or lack). I tried one, and it wreaked havoc on my touchpad. Even now, the one I am using does not have tap+drag functionality, which my High Sierra one did. Lost it in the transition to Mojave.

We respect the knowledge and experience you guys have in the Hackintosh community, and that's why we ask you. Not because we're too lazy to search ourselves, or too stupid to know what's what. We respect your opinion, and follow instructions religiously, with brilliant results. Thanks for that!

Yes, there are a lot of results that pop up, and several files available for download. There is however, no way to ascertain if they work with Mojave, or what functionality they offer (or lack). I tried one, and it wreaked havoc on my touchpad. Even now, the one I am using does not have tap+drag functionality, which my High Sierra one did. Lost it in the transition to Mojave.

We respect the knowledge and experience you guys have in the Hackintosh community, and that's why we ask you. Not because we're too lazy to search ourselves, or too stupid to know what's what. We respect your opinion, and follow instructions religiously, with brilliant results. Thanks for that!

The ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext is closed source, in violation of the APSL. I will have nothing to do with it or its author.

Good morning,
I obtain this screen.
Where am I wrong?
Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_20181030_203436.jpg
    IMG_20181030_203436.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 72
Updated from 10.14 to 10.14.1.
The update went well as far as I can see while using the latest files from the repo.
Although the update asked for '16gb' free space before being allowed to install...

Happy halloween.

Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 7.21.22 PM.png

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    526.2 KB · Views: 58
Updated from 10.14 to 10.14.1.
The update went well as far as I can see while using the latest files from the repo.
Although the update asked for '16gb' free space before being allowed to install...

Happy halloween.

View attachment 361846
Didn’t you notice any sound issues after updating, or in that case did you manage to fix it? Thanks.

Also how is it now when this guide is using AppleALC instead of AppleHDA? Do I need to do anything before updating to 10.14.1?

Last edited:
Back