Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Z50-70/Z40-70/G50-70/G40-70 using Clover UEFI

RehabMan, here are the problem reporting files.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    11.7 MB · Views: 80
  • Javier’s MacBook Pro.zip
    515.7 KB · Views: 64
  • RehabMan.zip
    33.2 KB · Views: 67
  • Terminal Saved Output 2.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 77
  • Terminal Saved Output.zip
    1 KB · Views: 61
RehabMan, here are the problem reporting files.

You have AUDL set to 2 in RMCF. It overrides the 3 you're trying to inject via _DSM methods.
Note:
Code:
    Device (RMCF)
    {
        Name (_ADR, Zero)  // _ADR: Address
        Name (AUDL, 0x02)

To change layout-id, change AUDL.

You have AUDL set to 2 in RMCF. It overrides the 3 you're trying to inject via _DSM methods.
Note:
Code:
    Device (RMCF)
    {
        Name (AUDL, 0x02)

To change layout-id, change AUDL.

You are the ruler of the universe. Sound is up and running!!!!!!!! Thanks so much!!!!! Once again thank you!

You are the ruler of the universe. Sound is up and running!!!!!!!! Thanks so much!!!!! Once again thank you!

I'm sure it works the way the scripts set it up originally too (patched AppleHDA with KextsToPatch and AppleHDA dummy kext), but requires the awkward "boot w/o caches, rebuild cache, reboot" sequence. AppleALC does not have that issue, so going forward AppleALC will be less hassle.

Why is it needed always after update to rerun the command to redownload kexts or whatever? Is it only because the kext is outdated and is not compatible to the newest macOS?

I tried to update repositories and tried this command to fix the audio as its stated in the first post:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Unfortunately audio is not working. No audio devices were found, but it was working in High Sierra. I saw other users here had the same issue, but I am not really sure what I am supossed to do to fix it. Did something change in Mojave regarding sound kexts etc?

If so what logs are needed in order we can determine the problem? Thanks.

Last edited:
Why is it needed always after update to rerun the command to redownload kexts or whatever? Is it only because the kext is outdated and is not compatible to the newest macOS?

I tried to update repositories and tried this command to fix the audio as its stated in the first post:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Unfortunately audio is not working. No audio devices were found, but it was working in High Sierra. I saw other users here had the same issue, but I am not really sure what I am supossed to do to fix it. Did something change in Mojave regarding sound kexts etc?

If so what logs are needed in order we can determine the problem? Thanks.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Attachments

• debug_4266.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 73
  • ioreg_dump.ioreg
    6.5 MB · Views: 67
I'm sure it works the way the scripts set it up originally too (patched AppleHDA with KextsToPatch and AppleHDA dummy kext), but requires the awkward "boot w/o caches, rebuild cache, reboot" sequence. AppleALC does not have that issue, so going forward AppleALC will be less hassle.
I tried "boot w/o caches, rebuild cache, reboot" sequence one million times before reporting the problem. Thank you, thank you and thank you

ioreg dump not working in mojave, accessibility for terminal was allowed but it failed somehow anyway...I dumped it manually, hope it's okay.

You forgot to update your ACPI/patched content.
The github repo has AUDL=2, but you have AUDL=3 in your SSDT-Z50.aml.

You forgot to update your ACPI/patched content.
The github repo has AUDL=2, but you have AUDL=3 in your SSDT-Z50.aml.
I found this piece of code in the SSDT-Z50.aml file you mentioned in my EFI partition in patched folder:
Code:
Device (RMCF)
    {
        Name (AUDL, 0x03)
        Name (IGPI, 0x0A2E0008)
        Name (LMAX, 0x056C)

Should I just rewrite the AUDL value to 0x02 compile and save it? If so, is that all I need to do? After that should I just restart?

Back