Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Z50-70/Z40-70/G50-70/G40-70 using Clover UEFI

This is my maximum ability actually with. such stuff , I had a headache until. I found out _PRW now ECON and GL14 ,please once again if you can compile the file for me I would appreciate it , I don't care about ECON and GLA I only care about the Device(LID0) the Method and the name
as mentioned, last time i created an SSDT was a few years back, you have the links for Rehabman's patching guide, best you take a look there

You were right , enabling _OSI was leading to loose of Windows booting but the brightness keys are working ...

Well after so many tries I found the reason behind that which was so simple :

Just make a new XOSI with windows 10 and windows 11 support you need to add them manually , I tested it myself and now Brightness keys are working in Monterey and also I'm able to boot to windows 11
Can you share your XOSI so I can include it in the EFI?
Also I'll help in fixing LID sleep/wake, that's something I really miss

Can you share your XOSI so I can include it in the EFI?
Also I'll help in fixing LID sleep/wake, that's something I really miss

Yes sure just replace it with your XOSI in ACPI and restart ..

I also found a "partial" fix for HDMI , currently it's working good when connecting it to external monitor but the sound always coming from laptop not from the TV so if you're interested also I can share it with you or maybe you have a different solution for the sound issue ?

And regarding Lid sleep/Wake ,, long ago when I was on Sierra maybe I was using clover and I patched my DSDT manually even before this guide by the help of Rehabman .

and in this matter to get the Lid Sleep\Wake working I just had to remove the Name (_PRW) which is mentioned in the previous comments from the DSDT > apply it in clover and Boom! it works !

Here since we're on OpenCore and we're not using DSDT anymore but hot patches and as Rehabman mentioned that it's difficult or not possible to remove lines from firmware with hot patches means we need to disable it ..

so if you can make a new SSDT-LID.aml for example has the function to disable the (_PRW) which is in my DSDT location found by searching for ( PNP0C0D ) you can find it below Method (LID0) maybe it will also work this is what I'm trying to test so below I'll attach my DSDT.dsl also and see if you can do it that will be perfect ..

Also one more thing I see when I turn on the system after 1 minute of reaching the desktop, iStat showing the VERY HIGH cpu usage "85 - 95 " without running any application and it shows as System usage "in red color" and stays like that for about 1 - 2 minutes and then it goes back to idle and usage goes back to %1 , this is happens every time I start the system , what can cause this issue ? also I made a clean install using OC 0.7.6 with your SSDTs 'except for EC - PLUG - HPET - PNLF - SBUS-MCHC.aml - and GPIO also I made it I don't know if it's needed but it's there in Dortania guide for Haswell

your patches also I copied all of them , so how can I differentiate if I don't need some and need the others ?

Attachments

• DSDT.dsl
    638.3 KB · Views: 66
  • SSDT-XOSI.aml
    360 bytes · Views: 65
Yes sure just replace it with your XOSI in ACPI and restart ..

I also found a "partial" fix for HDMI , currently it's working good when connecting it to external monitor but the sound always coming from laptop not from the TV so if you're interested also I can share it with you or maybe you have a different solution for the sound issue ?

And regarding Lid sleep/Wake ,, long ago when I was on Sierra maybe I was using clover and I patched my DSDT manually even before this guide by the help of Rehabman .

and in this matter to get the Lid Sleep\Wake working I just had to remove the Name (_PRW) which is mentioned in the previous comments from the DSDT > apply it in clover and Boom! it works !

Here since we're on OpenCore and we're not using DSDT anymore but hot patches and as Rehabman mentioned that it's difficult or not possible to remove lines from firmware with hot patches means we need to disable it ..

so if you can make a new SSDT-LID.aml for example has the function to disable the (_PRW) which is in my DSDT location found by searching for ( PNP0C0D ) you can find it below Method (LID0) maybe it will also work this is what I'm trying to test so below I'll attach my DSDT.dsl also and see if you can do it that will be perfect ..

Also one more thing I see when I turn on the system after 1 minute of reaching the desktop, iStat showing the VERY HIGH cpu usage "85 - 95 " without running any application and it shows as System usage "in red color" and stays like that for about 1 - 2 minutes and then it goes back to idle and usage goes back to %1 , this is happens every time I start the system , what can cause this issue ? also I made a clean install using OC 0.7.6 with your SSDTs 'except for EC - PLUG - HPET - PNLF - SBUS-MCHC.aml - and GPIO also I made it I don't know if it's needed but it's there in Dortania guide for Haswell

your patches also I copied all of them , so how can I differentiate if I don't need some and need the others ?
I already modified the XOSI but windows11 doesn't boot properly: I see the start screen but I can't login into it. Can you tell me your bios settings?

Yes, I am interested in HDMI fix. To fix audio I'd have a look at different layouts.

Will have a look at Rehabman's guide and try it. In the meantime pleave have a look at SSDT-WAKE too

I already modified the XOSI but windows11 doesn't boot properly: I see the start screen but I can't login into it. Can you tell me your bios settings?

Yes, I am interested in HDMI fix. To fix audio I'd have a look at different layouts.

Will have a look at Rehabman's guide and try it. In the meantime pleave have a look at SSDT-WAKE too

try to use mine directly and check , my bios is simple didn't change many things just disabled secure boot and Boot is boot is Support Legacy but UEFI first , if I choose UEFI only I boot with scrambled screen , that's all for bios I guess .

regarding SSDT-WAKE I'm using it also , I'm using all the SSDT of yours except the ones which I mentioned above I'm not using yours but I'm using the one I built , but I see in both cases Intel Power Gadget is not working if I use your default EFI folder and also If I use it with my files .

and what about HIGH USAGE of cpu in the start what can cause that ? I installed Monterey on another lenovo for a friend of mine used ready files shared by someone using same laptop and I see Intel Power Gadget is not working also but the system is stable and in idle as soon as it's reaching desktop without any high usage

and regarding HDMI you need to add :

framebuffer-conX-enable 01000000
framebuffer-conX-type 00080000

replace X with number where you see framebuffer connector in IOReg , in my case it's 0 also very important to add agdpmod=vit9696 in bootarg and restart and it should work

try to use mine directly and check , my bios is simple didn't change many things just disabled secure boot and Boot is boot is Support Legacy but UEFI first , if I choose UEFI only I boot with scrambled screen , that's all for bios I guess .

regarding SSDT-WAKE I'm using it also , I'm using all the SSDT of yours except the ones which I mentioned above I'm not using yours but I'm using the one I built , but I see in both cases Intel Power Gadget is not working if I use your default EFI folder and also If I use it with my files .

and what about HIGH USAGE of cpu in the start what can cause that ? I installed Monterey on another lenovo for a friend of mine used ready files shared by someone using same laptop and I see Intel Power Gadget is not working also but the system is stable and in idle as soon as it's reaching desktop without any high usage
Same result in booting windows11 using your SSDT-XOSI, I am lost at this :S

I don't have a clue about cpu high usage but I noticed TotalTerminal was giving me high disk usage at start so I removed it. Maybe you some old software installed who acts weird.

Same result in booting windows11 using your SSDT-XOSI, I am lost at this :S

I don't have a clue about cpu high usage but I noticed TotalTerminal was giving me high disk usage at start so I removed it. Maybe you some old software installed who acts weird.

no nothing is installed at all , it was before so I thought I messed something with the system so i made a fresh install nothing is installed apart from iStat , and the usage is shwing for system " in red" not for user "in blue" so something I guess with my power management while I'm sure SSDT-EC and SSDT-PLUG has been made perfectly manually but I don't now

can you tell me what method you used to install dual booth maybe there's something wrong in the installation way of the windows or partitions which cause this issue ..

now I want to ask you about couple patches in your config :

FWBT TO WBTX
SMDA TO MDAX
BIF TO XBIF
BST TO XBST
MHPF TO XHPF
MHIF TO XHMI
GBID TO XGBI
SMTF TO XSMT
GPRW TO XPRW
Shorten RTC from 8 to 2 >> is it necessary to use it in mysystem also ? because I'm not using this one right now
_PRW to XPRW

Those patches did you make them yourself or you also copied them ? would you please tell me what they do because maybe I don't need some of them in my system

also if you're making them what method did you follow to make them I mean depending on what you choose them and how to make them how to find the values of find and replace for them ?

thanks in advance I just wanna understand those things so i can go deeper

no nothing is installed at all , it was before so I thought I messed something with the system so i made a fresh install nothing is installed apart from iStat , and the usage is shwing for system " in red" not for user "in blue" so something I guess with my power management while I'm sure SSDT-EC and SSDT-PLUG has been made perfectly manually but I don't now

can you tell me what method you used to install dual booth maybe there's something wrong in the installation way of the windows or partitions which cause this issue ..

now I want to ask you about couple patches in your config :

FWBT TO WBTX
SMDA TO MDAX
BIF TO XBIF
BST TO XBST
MHPF TO XHPF
MHIF TO XHMI
GBID TO XGBI
SMTF TO XSMT
GPRW TO XPRW
Shorten RTC from 8 to 2 >> is it necessary to use it in mysystem also ? because I'm not using this one right now
_PRW to XPRW

Those patches did you make them yourself or you also copied them ? would you please tell me what they do because maybe I don't need some of them in my system

also if you're making them what method did you follow to make them I mean depending on what you choose them and how to make them how to find the values of find and replace for them ?

thanks in advance I just wanna understand those things so i can go deeper
First 8 renames are for battery.
GPRW to XPRW is from Dortania and coupled with SSDT-GPRW
RTC shorten helped to fix sleep/wake issues
_PRW to XPRW is maybe an attempt to fix LID

I have 2 SSD in my laptop. one is for windows/linux and the other one is for macos. windows disk is GPT partitioned.

First 8 renames are for battery.
GPRW to XPRW is from Dortania and coupled with SSDT-GPRW
RTC shorten helped to fix sleep/wake issues
_PRW to XPRW is maybe an attempt to fix LID

I have 2 SSD in my laptop. one is for windows/linux and the other one is for macos. windows disk is GPT partitioned.

maybe because of that then because I'm using dual boot on the same SSD Win/mac

for me sleep/wake working without shorten RTC patch , but when I used ready SSDT-BATT.aml which is specific made for my model the battery didn't work , maybe because I need to use BraveKnight patches names instead of yours because I changed the SSDT but I didn't change the patches , but for now battery is working with your patch and with your SSDT so no need to change it i guess :)

same thing happened when I used PS2K made by BraveKnight then brightness keys didn't work but when I use yours keys working fine ,, thank you for that :)

only Lid sleep/wake left to tix and also HDMI sound is coming from laptop which is annoying I hope we can find a fix for that .

also I noticed when I boot from OC to windows I believe it affects ACPIs on windows also because Driver Booster in windows showing 1 error in ACPI and Device Manager showing 1 unknown device , and this doesn't happen when I choose to boot from windows boot manager in BIOS so if you have any idea about it it willalso be much appreciated .

also I noticed there is a problem with Bluetooth , it's pairing normally with the Mac but whenever I try to send a file or a picture through bluetooth to the laptop it's showing sending unsuccessful directly , I didn't try airdrop yet though

last thing I wanna ask is that does your Safari showing 4k video support when you play youtube video ? because before I format I could play 4k video on Safari and on FireFox also I mean choosing the quality was available but now quality shows only in FireFox but Safari showing maximum of 1080

Back