Very good work! Is there an installguide from Mojave to Big Sur? Any News for an Update of the EFI? Thanks for your help.Here you go!
OC-0.6.3 working EFI for Big Sur. This is a slight modified version of @Mikorist 's one.
I am working on a new EFI with some custom SSDT, proper USB mapping, VoodooPS2 (Enables touchpad gestures for me) and AppleALC (microphone issues atm). I am facing sleep issues, so I won't share it yet.
- You have to fill PlatformInfo section by yourself
- UpdateSMBIOSMode is set to "Custom" and Kernel->Quirks->CustomSMBIOSGuid is set to true: this won't pass SSDTs to other OSes and you'll be able to boot Windows/Linux "natively" from OC. Breaks BootCamp
- OpenCanopy is enabled but you need to fill OC/Resources subfolders
- Should work with Catalina too
@Mikorist if you want to help me improve the EFI, send me a PM.
Very good work! Is there an installguide from Mojave to Big Sur? Any News for an Update of the EFI? Thanks for your help.
Like daigosx I've got my Z50-70 working with Big Sur OpenCore 0.6.3 using Mikorist's EFI as the base (big thanks to Mikorist). Everything appears to work including sleep/wake, battery/power management and FaceTime/iMessage.
My machine still has the original AR9565 wifi card which only has limited OS X support, I used to have it working in High Sierra but am still working on it in Big Sur. If someone has a solution to this please post it!
View attachment 497074
OK, how i can find the smsbios-section? i have installed the clover app and mount the efi-section. i have creat a mojave usb-stick (still with clover). Please help me how i can install OC to the usb-stick with the SMBIOS (and more ) and getting everything work on the newest Big Sur? Thanks for your help.
- Create a bootable USB using my EFI and verify it can boot you Mojave installation. Remember to fill the SMBIOS section with the same data you have in your actual Clover/OC config.plist (Disconnect from iCloud and/or any network until you are sure the SMBIOS is properly set)
- If Mojave boots fine (and SMBIOS is ok) you can put the EFI on your HDD/SSD
- Backup your data
- Update to Catalina (maybe optional) using Preferences->Software Update
- Update to Big Sur using Preferences->Software Update